Vizz

Hi Everyone,

This is beenish and i am designing and developing my own website now a days. Although the process is pretty much slow. But i need feedback and suggestions for this.

Link:

Thanks

Edited by kongondo
Deleted link

@Vizz. Your site does not seem to be a ProcessWire website. I am moving this to 'Pub - Dev Talk for now. I am giving you the benefit of doubt that you are not a spammer :-). If you have any specific questions regarding ProcessWire please post in the appropriate forums. 

I've edited the topic title since it read like you are just advertising your own web development business (nothing wrong with that) but in the guise of asking a question. I have also deleted a link to your site.... for now...

Edited by kongondo
Moved topic here from showcase...
  • Like 2

I don´t like wordpress...easy to hack. :)

Mod note:

Blad, thanks for alerting Vizz about a potential vulnerability on his/her WordPress site.

I wrote you a private message but my recommendation is that you change to processwire. Sorry for the tests. Everything is as it was

Edited by blad
Removed potential public exposure of a vulnerability in a third party WP website
  • Like 1

@Vizz. Your site does not seem to be a ProcessWire website. I am moving this to 'Pub - Dev Talk for now. I am giving you the benefit of doubt that you are not a spammer :-). If you have any specific questions regarding ProcessWire please post in the appropriate forums. 

I've edited the topic title since it read like you are just advertising your own web development business (nothing wrong with that) but in the guise of asking a question. I have also deleted a link to your site.... for now...

No i am not a spammer, i have registered legally :) And my concern was actually in perspective of analyzer. My website is not complete yet to do marketing . I really need some analyzer help to make it more better. Thanks

I don´t like wordpress...easy to hack. :)

Mod note:

Blad, thanks for alerting Vizz about a potential vulnerability on his/her WordPress site.

I wrote you a private message but my recommendation is that you change to processwire. Sorry for the tests. Everything is as it was

Thank You, i reiceved your private message.

If you want to check the safety of wordpress repositories you have to search for:

Index of:"/wp-backup-plus" 

And the core of wordpress:

Index of:"/wp-uploads"

I repeat that it is only searches without malice.

That is why I don´t like Wordpress. If you install a module you run the risk of sql-injection (easy).

Hi everyone!

I think we are might be heading into dangerous territory here. I don't think any forum should become a place for bashing another product. This forum has by far the best community I have ever experienced - let's make sure that as we grow that we keep it that way :)

This thread is a bit of a mix - it sounds like there has been some PM'ing going on to suggest fixes, which is positive and helpful. I also think that some of the posts here about WP bringing down PW are probably in jest :)

If one of us finds a site mentioned here that is vulnerable (no matter the CMS), I think the best approach would be to contact them directly (PM etc) with some advice on how to remedy it, rather than criticizing their choice of CMS. Point them to resources that will help them. There are several groups out there that identify security holes in a variety of software packages, including open source CMS's. They usually contact the developers first to ensure they have a chance to fix the issue before it becomes public.

Certainly Wordpress has its issues for inexperienced sys admins, but it can be made much more secure with a variety of simple techniques that are widely available with a quick google search. There are even some plugins designed to block a variety of common attacks. But Wordpress is certainly not alone - unfortunately no system is immune to vulnerabilities, especially those that allows for third party plugins/modules. 

Above all, let's not come across as too superior - it might just bite us one day!

Thanks for listening to my thoughts on this - I am not aiming direct criticism at anyone - just trying to establish a general approach to these types of topics.

Any thoughts?

• Like 12

@adrian: You are right! I do not know why there is always a desire to compare to Wordpress. Drupal and Typo3 may be more appropriate targets :). But I guess that frienly tone of Ryan's and others like yourself will help moving PW forward much better than any critisizm.

Anyway, the whole mess started with Vizz trying to promote another CMS and her services in this and some other topics. As far as I know this is the first case of a kind. We should decide how to take on this: should we:

a) just ignore hoping everyone here will not go for WP, or

b) try to stop this kind of practice somehow.

@Vizz: I think it is not fair and will not bring you any respect to promote another CMS on this forum. I guess you should reconsider your marketing strategy. Stay and participate as you wish, but try to use the forum appropriately, please.

• Like 4

I have to say that before writing any post I contacted Vizz via PM. I found many security flaws and I've helped as much as possible.

Although 30% of my posts contain the word wordpress, it's not personal but the repository is poor in terms of security. If you want a wordpress

blog can work (not for me) but if you want an online store, real estate site, etc is not the best option.

Drupal and Joomla are the major competitors of wordpress and they also have some modules with security issues, is what happens when you

don´t put a filter module when uploading your repository.

Okay, I have to admit it's personal.

I'll try to not mention other defects and just mention the countless virtues of Processwire.

• Like 1

Any thoughts?

I can read nowhere someone has crossed a line of respect => and without comparing,

how will you ever know what a cms is worth ? Comparing is the very reason why I ended up here with pw.

There is a reason why wp is in the news because of it's plugins what blad only confirmed by his own findings. 

This forum has by far the best community I have ever experienced - let's make sure that as we grow that we keep it that way.

Totally agree and re-edited my post #8

• Like 2

I can read nowhere someone has crossed a line of respect and without comparing, how will you ever know what a cms is worth ?

There is a reason why we choose pw and there is a reason why wp is in the news lately because of it's plugins what blad only confirmed by his own findings. 

I appreciate blad's investigations into the issue and PM'ing @Vizz to alert her of the problem. We should all be informed (and help to inform others) about the potential issues with the systems we use, or maybe considering to use at some point. I just felt that the tone of the conversation had started to cross the line from being helpful, towards the bashing of WP. I know I have been guilty of criticizing certain aspects of all of the big three CMS's in my discussions with clients. I just think those thoughts should be kept out of this forum. 

I think in reality it's a shame this thread exists in the first place - it's not really appropriate for this forum, but maybe I am over-reacting - from my experience here I don't think anyone here would really start a flame war about any other system - these forums just don't have that vibe :)

• Like 3

I just felt that the tone of the conversation had started to cross the line from being helpful, towards the bashing of WP.

Some posts about other CMS's are the result of frustration I guess. (I have a few) But we have this remarkable framework called ProcessWire.

We all have to know that we will sparkle even more if we don't bash anything, we don't need it. Not 'bashing' will suit us better. 

I think in reality it's a shame this thread exists in the first place - it's not really appropriate for this forum, but maybe I am over-reacting

+1

• Like 5

The reason we're in this forum is because we prefer Processwire. Each Cms has its own forum and community, I came because I loved the system and the community.

Forgive my personal hatred that system (wp), my behavior was not the best.

• Like 6

I think in reality it's a shame this thread exists in the first place - it's not really appropriate for this forum, but maybe I am over-reacting - from my experience here I don't think anyone here would really start a flame war about any other system - these forums just don't have that vibe :)

+2

@adrian: I think you are not over-reacting! After reading #7 my blood pressure and pulse are getting too high for some minutes. (da muss man sich ja fremd-schämen)

@blad: I find it good that you have helped with some fixes for those found security issues via PM.

Edited by horst
  • Like 2

I found another bug in a web that have passed me by private message (@videokid) . If someone wants to spend sites created on another system that is not processwire and starts with the letter w write me a private message. :)

Edited: I did´nt mean wolf-cms.

• Like 4

I found another bug in a web that have passed me by private message (@videokid) . If someone wants to spend sites created on another system that is not processwire and starts with the letter w write me a private message. :)

Edited: I did´nt mean wolf-cms.

Perhaps you meant WIX.COM ?

• Like 2