creating a full website from the very sratch for the super PW beginners?

lord_dupalski

Im a complete noob in PW, just started learning WP this month and its easy to use but it sucks that it is limited and has no freedom on your own design. It's either buy a premium theme or create one ( Requries PHP expert programming). Im gonna take a look at PW it seems it has creative freedom like modx. but modx backend is more difficult unlike PW. Can you guys give me resources for a complete tutorial from scatch building websites in PW? Thank you.

Hi and welcome to PW dupalski,

I would suggest to take a look at the basic site profile that comes with the pw installation and analyse how it is done. The  profile is already a simple website by itself. However, to succeed with PW at least basic HTML and CSS knowledge is required along with some (very, very) basic PHP skills (or the will to learn it). Different to that, one can get results with WP without HTML and CSS knowledge.

• Like 1

THank you for the replies. Almost finished my site using wordpress. It's all good but I just can't get the design I want. I only need some css and html understanding to customize the WP theme. But it still sucks that I can't 100% control the design. WP is easy to use if u r gonna be using themes. I hope PW will do the job I dream off, 100% my OWN design for every pixel!

Welcome to Processwire. You're one of the lucky guys and girls that found out about Processwire :).

I don't no if you really want to built your design completely from scratch "pixel by pixel" or if you are using software for it.

But a nice start would be the Bootstrap3 module of Philipp: ProcessWireBootstrap3.

Enough to find about this also in the forum and afcourse on the Bootstrap site

Success!

it seems it has creative freedom like modx. modx backend is more difficult just started learning WP

pw lets you access 100 % your current and future creativity. What you already and will know.

with pw either design or code (api) a website or do both. Just hang in long enough to see.

try to get first the pw concept "that everything is a page" templates with fields and template files !

why all the bootstrap stuff, pw plus pocketgrid is amazing http://arnaudleray.github.io/pocketgrid/docs/

When having an hour to waist go dig this forum, it is loaded with all the content you need to start off.

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/4173-grouped-forum-posts-links-articles-tutorials-code-snippets/

• Like 1