Sign in to follow this  
benjaminE

New children appear at top of list

Is there a way to have new children appear at the top of the list of children when they're first created (rather than at the bottom) whilst also allowing the user to do custom ordering?

I seem to remember seeing this option somewhere but I can't find it. Perhaps I'm misremembering!

Many thanks in advance!

Many thanks for your help horst. If I understand correctly, the first method you mention doesn't allow custom ordering of pages. But the second solution, with the module, does....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ttttim
      Is there a way to add a (new or existing) page to the top of the asmSelect list? By default they're added at the bottom. 
    • By louisstephens
      So I reread my first draft, and it made absolutely no sense (I deleted it to hopefully better explain myself).  I am trying to make a system (that to me is a bit complicated) utilizing jquery and processwire together. My whole goal is to put a url like https://domain.com/launch?first_name=jim&occupation=builder in a script tag on another site(just a localhost .php page) to then pull out the data for that person and append to divs etc. Basically, the initial script tag would point to "launch" which has a content-type of "application/javascript". Using jquery, I would pull out the persons name and occupation and then make a specific ajax get request to "domain.com/api" (in json format) for a look up of the person. Essentially then I could pull that particular person's information from the json data, and do with it how I please in the "launch" page.  In processwire, I have a page structure like:
      People -Jim Bob (template: person ) --Occupations (template: basic-page) ---Builder (template: occupation) ---Greeter (template: occupation) It is really just a bunch of people with their occupations and a few fields to the occupation template. With the "api" (template: api) url, I was hoping to return all the data (of people) in json format like:
      Example Format:
      { "id": 1, "title": "Jim Bob", "occupations": { "builder": { "id": 44, "title": "Builder", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, "Greeter": { "id": 44, "title": "Greeter", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, } } Where I get lost is really outputting the page names and nesting in the occupations into json. I have used Pages2JSON before, but I was a bit lost on how to implement what i was thinking.

I have access to all the local host files, but I was hoping to kind of build out a "system" where I could place the script tag/parameters in any project, and be able to interact with the data without doing an ajax call on the actual site. In a way, this would keep processwire handling all the data and requests, and my other "projects" just with a simple script tag. This might all be way too much/over complicated, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around how to achieve it. 
    • By Leftfield
      Hi,

First, this is production realestate site, big one. So please, if any chanse to fix this without touching database, it would be great

I have field "pstatus" as a PageReference,
      In the tree under Status as children:
      sold unavailable paused In the template "property" I have dropdown were I choose: empty (nothing); sold; unavailable or paused. If you do not choose anything, property will have active selling status.

I need help sorting property template in this order: show all empty and than show all sold.

1031 is Status, parent of the sold unavailable and paused.

$status = $pages->get('1031')->children('sort=pstatus'); $selector[] = "sort=price, pstatus!=$status"; But I got there all except from status. I need to list "sold" too.

• By j__
      On a site that lists events, I am using a repeater field 'event_time', which contains two Inputfield Time fields 'event_time_start' and 'event_time_end'. Some events take place multiple times, others just once. Here's an example for the data structure:
      event1 title: First Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event2 title: Second Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event_time (2): event_time_start: 14:00 event_time_end: 18:00 event3 title: Third Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 07:00 event_time_end: 09:30 First, I'd like to generate a list of all events, sorted by event_time_start, with every repeater item added as an actual event (similar to a SQL JOIN clause). The desired output would be:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event 14:00-18:00 Second Event A selector like
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start!=,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); would only return each event page once:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event without
      14:00-18:00 Second Event Is there a possible alteration of the selector to take all different occurrences into account?
      Also I'd like to filter for events taking place in the morning, using a selector like:
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start>=06:00,event_time.event_time_start<=12:00,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); However, this would only return each 'event' page, which then contains also the afternoon version of event2.
      While I have the impression these are rather simple tasks, I struggle finding a selector-based solution to it. In this example on opening times are some similarities, but it does not deal with multiple occurrences. I'd appreciate your ideas to it.
    • By kaba86
      Hello PW Community, really glad that discovered this CMS recently, it is very strange it took so long That idea of no front design limitations is just awesome!
      Need to say that I have a bit of knowledge of html and css, but almost no php, so I need your help.
      What I want to do is an article posting  cms, with this structure:

- Homepage - Projects - Articles -- Category 1 --- Articles of category 1 -- Category 2 --- Articles of category 2 - About - Contact Found this ProcessWire Profile https://github.com/tutsplus/how-to-create-an-ajax-driven-theme-for-processwire
      It covers almost all my needs, except the menu. When I add a childpage for this page http://artist.nicegrp.com/publications/world-world/ , World:World doesn't appear under Writings & Publications.
      I need a menu that works like a breadcrumb, that shows on the menu the category that you are viewing. So when I'm in articles page, on the menu it shows only articles and it's categories. When I get into a category, that category takes state active link but doesn't show on the menu links and titles for contained articles. How can I do that?
      Sorry for my long writing and English, it is not my native but I hope you understood what I need. Can you help me with that?
      Thank you