Image resize "quality" not working

renobird

I'm a little stumped on this one.

$image->size(1000,1000,array("quality" => 20));

$image->size(1000,1000);

These (not run together) produce an image with the same file size and appear to be exactly the same. I'm clearing out all variations before each test.

Default options in config.php don't have a quality specified.

Running latest dev.

I'll test again on another install/server tonight, but posting this in the event anyone else has run into this and can point me in the right direction.

• 6 months later...

I'm having this exact issue. Reno, I'm presuming by this point you somehow resolved this. What was the solution? I've tried everything I can think of and I just can't get the quality setting to actually work. Tried several different development sites with bare-bones default installs. Ensured I was using jpg's, etc.

@formulate: in which size do you request the images? Is it greater than the original image size and if so, what is your setting for "upscaling"?

Do you know, bzw. have read, that Reno removed all variations before calling size()? Do you do so too?

Depending on your PW version you also can add a "forceNew"=>true to the options array instead of using removeVariations() before calling size().

• Like 1