Report Issues On ProcessWire Site And Forums

Ivan Gretsky

I have not found any topic to report issues on the processwire site and forum and/or make suggestions about them, so I made this one. If such a topic or branch already exists, it should be there.

On PW site there is now Docs menu item instead of the API (as it used to be). But on the forum it is still API. They even lead to different pages. I guess this should be fixed.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Recently the most popular answer in the forums is "Google it!" I can imagine community becoming less responsive if the moderators have to deal with more and more of those beginner level questions too often. So why not integrate google search into PW forum if it could help? I guess seing some more ads won't hurt nobody ))

• Like 1

There is a plugin, but I'm also aware that a new version of the forum software is out in the next few months.

Couple that with the fact that Google can't see hidden forums (for commercial modules) and I'm not sure it's the best solution.

Still, there is a plugin for the forums that's a whole $6 so I might look into that, but there's also a built-in integration with Sphinx search to look into that might be more suitable.

Lots of options - I just need to find time to look at them.

And then there's the possibility that some people still won't search but we can keep steering them gently in the right direction :)

• Like 4

Took me a while, but it give me most of the time the results I need ....

site:processwire.com/talk what-do-I-search-for-here

guess we also need other search "plugins" because lately I see a lot of robots visiting the site. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Using my default window size, the forum link on the PW mainpage is hidden below the search field, that way its unclickable :-) Increasing window size does not help but making the window smaller lets the navbar hop one line below so i now can click it.

FF31 Linux

This maybe because of FF doing this silly page resizing on very big screens.

Just wanted to mention as its quite annoying.

post-2434-0-55822500-1410424482_thumb.pn

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Fond a bit of API stuff not listed in the cheatsheet, at least i think so:

$page->created
$page->modified
$page->createdUser
$page->modifiedUser

Found those listed in the API documentation, but not in cheatsheet.

Checking this again, i found

$page->next

$page->prev

Missing too.

• 4 months later...

I was not able to access this forum from chrome on my rather old Android tablet. It said there are problems with SSL certificate. There is no problem with getting here from my desktop, but the first ssl checker I found does report some issues: https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=https://processwire.com. Maybe worth checking this thing out (so I can access the forum from the restroom at night :)).

I was not able to access this forum from chrome on my rather old Android tablet. It said there are problems with SSL certificate. There is no problem with getting here from my desktop, but the first ssl checker I found does report some issues: https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=https://processwire.com. Maybe worth checking this thing out (so I can access the forum from the restroom at night :)).

You need to clear the cache on this browser. With Crome open, goto Settings and under the Advanced section, goto Privacy and you should see the "Clear Browsing Data" button.  At least ensure that "Clear the cache" is checked (enabled).  I probably would also check (enable) "Clear cookies, site data".  Then hit the clear button.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

NoScript apparently has a history of reporting "XSS issues" when there are in fact none, and apis.google.com is listed as one source of these false positives. Personally I wouldn't worry about this too much.

• Like 2

LightHttpHeaders Firefox extensions gives me this:

https://processwire.com/blog/rss/

GET /blog/rss/ HTTP/1.1
Host: processwire.com

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 16:13:07 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Last-Modified: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 09:23:47 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Cache-Control: max-age=3600