Problem With Dev 2.4.7

bbeer

Hi all

I have a problem that occurs quite often in the new dev version 2.4.7. On saving changes in certain modules or when adding modules I get following error.

Error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! (line 359 of /Users/...../Sites/aurora/wire/core/Pages.php)

I was to use this Version for production purposes. 

Is there a way to solve the problem or do I better stick to 2.4

Thanks for your help.

I've got "Internal server error" after upgrading from 2.4.4 to 2.4.7. Did system requirements has been changed (PHP version, MySQL)? I have retreat to 2.4.4 but want to try newest version.

@Andrei K - welcome to the forums!

Nothing should have changed re PHP or MySQL versions. I think the most likely issue will be the RewriteBase setting in your .htaccess file. Did you replace this with the new version but forget to make a required change to the RewriteBase setting for your server?

@Andrei K - welcome to the forums!

Nothing should have changed re PHP or MySQL versions. I think the most likely issue will be the RewriteBase setting in your .htaccess file. Did you replace this with the new version but forget to make a required change to the RewriteBase setting for your server?

Yes, I have replaced .htaccess with the file in latest sources. What exact changes I need to do for RewriteBase?

What exact changes I need to do for RewriteBase?

Not sure if this is definitely the issue, but often the default RewriteBase don't work depending on server configuration. The most common requirement is to simply uncomment the first example option: Rewritebase /

but you might need a different config. It should however be the same as you had it set up when running the 2.4.4 version of PW.

Maybe it is something else that is causing your problem though?

• Like 1

Here are the recent changes to the htaccess file:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/30495a970e7a0efcf67610543131a8735870a9b6

But I am not suggesting that you need to use the old one - you just need to edit the new one with the correct RewriteBase setting. That's assuming that is actually the problem, which it may not be, but it is the first thing you should check when seeing that error.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm stuck with PW 2.4.4 and can not move any forward. Every newest version

I tried, I have got "Internal server error". I have tried just upgrade "wire"

directory, I have tried default .htaccess, I have tried to comment out every

bit of .htaccess. The result is the same.

Versions of software are:

Apache version     2.2.24
PHP version     5.2.17
MySQL version     5.5.36-cll-lve

Any suggestions?

With best regards,

Andrei

Andrei,

Sorry about your troubles. Did you read this troubleshooting guide by any chance? If not, please do. Internal Server Errors are almost certainly htaccess issue. Also, have you tried upgrading from PHP 5.2.17 to 5.3.8 or newer as stipulated in PW requirements?

Edit:

Martijn was faster :-)

Edited by kongondo