adrian

Email New User

found this in the wiremail logs

Error in hnsmtp::send : cannot connect to smtp-server!

Hi.

First of all, thanks for this great module! 
I do have one question: Is there a reason why this module is not "singular"?
To be clearer: adding ""singular": true" to the jsonfile.

I am having the automatic send option enabled, and use some custom api code to add new users in frontend-scope and backend.
According to the json info file the module gets autoloaded on "template=admin". So in Frontend I have to use $this->modules->get("EmailNewUserPortal");

Because my custom code gets executed in frontend and admin, I would have to check where I am, because if I do $this->modules->get("EmailNewUserPortal"); in backend there are two instances of the module running. This results in sending the NewUser Mail twice.

After adding the singular Option to your module, this issue has gone.
Perhaps there is another need to be not singular here wich I didn´t see? Just wanted to ask...

Thanks...

• Like 2

On 9/26/2016 at 4:49 AM, benbyf said:

found this in the wiremail logs

Error in hnsmtp::send : cannot connect to smtp-server!

Sorry I missed this post, but I am hoping by now you have realized that this is an issue with your wireMail setup and not this module.

On 10/25/2016 at 3:42 AM, gingebaker said:

I do have one question: Is there a reason why this module is not "singular"?

Just an oversight on my part - thanks for the heads up and the solution - much appreciated.

It is fixed now!

• Like 3

Hi,

I'd like to add a styled email to new users but when I use the Email body field i can't use html. What would be the best way to add a custom email template?

• Like 1

Hi @Timothy de Vos - I could simply support HTML in that email body field and have the email sent as HTML along with a plain text version (automatically generated from the HTML version). I think that would be the easiest approach.

Would that suit your needs?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adrian said:

Hi @Timothy de Vos - I could simply support HTML in that email body field and have the email sent as HTML along with a plain text version (automatically generated from the HTML version). I think that would be the easiest approach.

Would that suit your needs?

Jeah i guess that would work!

Just now, Timothy de Vos said:

Jeah i guess that would work!

You don't sound thrilled :)

Do you have any other ideas / preferences?

I could add support for pulling in a template stored in the file system, but I feel like that might be overkill for a simple email like this - I can't see it requiring very much structure/styling for a simple account registration email.

1 minute ago, adrian said:

You don't sound thrilled :)

Do you have any other ideas / preferences?

I could add support for pulling in a template stored in the file system, but I feel like that might be overkill for a simple email like this - I can't see it requiring very much structure/styling for a simple account registration email.

Sorry... I mean that would be perfect! :)

And you're right it doesn't need much styling. I just like it to have the same feeling as the rest of the website.

Right now i've added a little extra code to have an extra option like {adminURL}. I'm registrating users that only work on the front-end. Each user is bound to a location and for the front-end login url I need the parent name of the location. So for now i added this extra code to the parseBody function:

elseif($field == "location") {
      $pageId = $page->$field;
      $replacement = "http://".wire($pageId)->parent->name.".".wire('config')->httpHost;
  }

i don't know if there is an other easier way to do this?

I have committed a new version which:

• adds a new "From Name" field setting so that the email new users receive comes from your name/email, not just a raw email address.
  • adds support for HTML body text. A plain text version will be generated automatically from this and both sent with proper headers.
  • makes the parseBody method hookable, so you can define more complex field tag replacements.
    For example, this will accomplish @Timothy de Vos's needs:
$this->wire()->addHookBefore('EmailNewUser::parseBody', null, function($event) {
	$page = $event->arguments[2];
	$pageId = $page->location;
    $replacement = "http://".wire($pageId)->parent->name.".".wire('config')->httpHost;
	$event->arguments(0, str_replace('{location}', $replacement, $event->arguments[0]));
});

Please let me know if you have any problems with this new version!

Thanks to Timothy for helping to test this new version and as he noted, if you want full HTML support in the supplied CkEditor body input, you'll need to set:

config.allowedContent = true
  • Like 1

I've just upgraded to the latest version (0.3.1) from a previous version which was working OK. I'm now getting the following error when trying to send the test email from admin (this previously worked):

Call to a member function new() on a non-object (line 158 of ***/site/modules/EmailNewUser/EmailNewUser.module) 

I see from the file in question that it's doing things with the password a that point but I'm not using the password generator at that point.

BTW, the site is running PW v2.7.2

Any ideas?

41 minutes ago, prestoav said:

I've just upgraded to the latest version (0.3.1) from a previous version which was working OK. I'm now getting the following error when trying to send the test email from admin (this previously worked):

Call to a member function new() on a non-object (line 158 of ***/site/modules/EmailNewUser/EmailNewUser.module) 

I see from the file in question that it's doing things with the password a that point but I'm not using the password generator at that point.

BTW, the site is running PW v2.7.2

Any ideas?

I think the issue might be the PW version. I started using $mail->new() which I think maybe wasn't available in that version. Could you please clarify that it works if you change that line to:

$mailer = wireMail();

54 minutes ago, prestoav said:

Hi, the error no longer appears but the test email never arrives.

Please try the version I just committed - I have just tested here on PW 2.7.2 and it's working fine.

Note that I am using horst's WireMailSMTP module, but I don't think that should matter.

• Like 1

Hi Adrian,

Yup, that now works perfectly, thanks for such a speedy response!

As it happens I'm also using Horst's WIreMailSMTP :-)

Geoff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prestoav said:

Yup, that now works perfectly, thanks for such a speedy response!

As it happens I'm also using Horst's WIreMailSMTP :-)

Excellent - sorry about the new bug in the first place :)

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the "Email Body" in multiple languages?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peejay said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the "Email Body" in multiple languages?

It is now - please check the latest version just committed.

It now support ML subject and body fields and the user will receive the version associated with the language that you set in their profile.

Let me know if you find any problems.

• Like 4

Hi!
Great module - thanks for this, adrian!
Is there any possibility to send this user-email to admin at the same time ( without using another module )?
Thanks!!

@itsberni,

Unless I misunderstand, you should set Bcc to the admin email prior to sending. The email copy will be sent in the same language. If you want the admin to receive the email in a different language, then you will have to repeat the process a second time addressing the email only to admin, and in their language.

@rick ok! Thanks for advice....but, where  do i have to do this settings. In der EmailNewUser - Modul there ist no possibility.....

Hi @itsberni,

I apologize. I just looked at the module and there is no Bcc option. As it is, you might try appending the admin email to the To address.

Hi @itsberni - sorry for such a delayed response - I am just back from an extended time away from my computer.

I have added a new Bcc email field to the module config settings. All emails will be Bcc'd to the entered address automatically.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

• Like 3

On 04/07/2017 at 10:47 PM, adrian said:

I have added a new Bcc email field to the module config settings. All emails will be Bcc'd to the entered address automatically.

Thanks for implementing the Bcc field, @adrian! It works great on sites using WireMailSmtp.

However, on a site using the default WireMail implementation, the bcc() call will fail and abort the whole process. It seems the default WireMail interface does not (yet) have bcc() defined while it is available in WireMailSmtp and others.

I'd suggest doing a simple check for the bcc function. For that particular project, I have successfully used the following to fix it. Instead of (line 177):

if($this->data['bccEmail'] != '') $mailer->bcc($this->data['bccEmail']);

I inserted:

if($this->data['bccEmail'] != '') {
  if (method_exists($mailer, 'bcc')) {
    $mailer->bcc($this->data['bccEmail']);
  }
  else {
    $mailer->to($this->data['bccEmail']);
  }
} 

Since the default WireMail will send each to() recipient as a separate mail, the second to() call acts as a de facto bcc address. Maybe that will be enough, maybe you can think of a more sophisticated way of solving it.

• Like 1

Hi @d'Hinnisdaël - thanks for noticing this issue and putting together a fix. I am actually wondering if there is actually any point in using the bcc option even when it's available. Maybe I should just relabel it as "Notify other admin users" and make use of additional "To" email addresses. Maybe it should even support a comma-seperated list in case you want to notify more than one user.

Any thoughts on this before I implement?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By teppo
      Needed a really simple solution to embed audio files within page content and couldn't find a module for that, so here we go. Textformatter Audio Embed works a bit like Textformatter Video Embed, converting this:
      <p>https://www.domain.tld/path/to/file.mp3</p> Into this:
      <audio controls class="TextformatterAudioEmbed"> <source src="https://www.domain.tld/path/to/file.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"> </audio> The audio element has pretty good browser support, so quite often this should be enough to get things rolling 🙂
      GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/TextformatterAudioEmbed Modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-audio-embed/
    • By Richard Jedlička
      Tense    
      Tense (Test ENvironment Setup & Execution) is a command-line tool to easily run tests agains multiple versions of ProcessWire CMF.
      Are you building a module, or a template and you need to make sure it works in all supported ProcessWire versions? Then Tense is exactly what you need. Write the tests in any testing framework, tell Tense which ProcessWire versions you are interested in and it will do the rest for you.

See example or see usage in a real project.
      How to use?
      1. Install it: 
      composer global require uiii/tense 2. Create tense.yml config:
      tense init 3. Run it:
      tense run  
      For detailed instructions see Github page: https://github.com/uiii/tense

This is made possible thanks to the great wireshell tool by @justb3a, @marcus and others.

What do you think about it? Do you find it useful? Do you have some idea? Did you find some bug? Tell me you opinion. Write it here or in the issue tracker.
    • By Chris Bennett
      Hi all, I am going round and round in circles and would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.
      I am sure I am doing something dumb, or missing something I should know, but don't. Story of my life 😉

Playing round with a module and my basic problem is I want to upload an image and also use InputfieldMarkup and other Inputfields.
      Going back and forth between trying an api generated page defining Fieldgroup, Template, Fields, Page and the InputfieldWrapper method.

InputfieldWrapper method works great for all the markup stuff, but I just can't wrap my head around what I need to do to save the image to the database.
      Can generate a Field for it (thanks to the api investigations) but not sure what I need to do to link the Inputfield to that. Tried a lot of stuff from various threads, of varying dates without luck.
      Undoubtedly not helped by me not knowing enough.

Defining Fieldgroup etc through the api seems nice and clean and works great for the images but I can't wrap my head around how/if I can add/append/hook the InputfieldWrapper/InputfieldMarkup stuff I'd like to include on that template as well. Not even sure if it should be where it is on ___install with the Fieldtype stuff or later on . Not getting Tracy errors, just nothing seems to happen.
      If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, that would be great because at the moment I am stumbling round in the dark.

public function ___install() { parent::___install(); $page = $this->pages->get('name='.self::PAGE_NAME); if (!$page->id) { // Create fieldgroup, template, fields and page // Create new fieldgroup $fmFieldgroup = new Fieldgroup(); $fmFieldgroup->name = MODULE_NAME.'-fieldgroup'; $fmFieldgroup->add($this->fields->get('title')); // needed title field $fmFieldgroup->save(); // Create new template using the fieldgroup $fmTemplate = new Template(); $fmTemplate->name = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->fieldgroup = $fmFieldgroup; $fmTemplate->noSettings = 1; $fmTemplate->noChildren = 1; $fmTemplate->allowNewPages = 0; $fmTemplate->tabContent = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->noChangeTemplate = 1; $fmTemplate->setIcon(ICON); $fmTemplate->save(); // Favicon source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFavicon'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->gridMode = 'grid'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg png'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Favicon Silhouette source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFaviconSilhouette'; $fmField->label = 'SVG Silhouette'; $fmField->notes = 'When creating a silhouette/mask svg version for Safari Pinned Tabs and Windows Tiles, we recommend setting your viewbox for 0 0 16 16, as this is what Apple requires. In many cases, the easiest way to do this in something like illustrator is a sacrificial rectangle with no fill, and no stroke at 16 x 16. This forces the desired viewbox and can then be discarded easily using something as simple as notepad. Easy is good, especially when you get the result you want without a lot of hassle.'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Create: Open Settings Tab $tabOpener = new Field(); $tabOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen(); $tabOpener->name = 'fmTab1'; $tabOpener->label = "Favicon Settings"; $tabOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $tabOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabOpener->save(); // Create: Close Settings Tab $tabCloser = new Field(); $tabCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose; $tabCloser->name = 'fmTab1' . FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $tabCloser->label = "Close open tab"; $tabCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabCloser->save(); // Create: Opens wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesOpener = new Field(); $filesOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetOpen(); $filesOpener->name = 'fmOpenFolderName'; $filesOpener->label = 'Wrap Folder Name'; $filesOpener->class = 'inline'; $filesOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $filesOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesOpener->save(); // Create: Close wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesCloser = new Field(); $filesCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose(); $filesCloser->name = 'fmOpenFolderName' . FieldtypeFieldsetOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $filesCloser->label = "Close open fieldset"; $filesCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesCloser->save(); // Create Favicon Folder Name $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeText"); $fmField->name = 'folderName'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon Folder:'; $fmField->description = $this->config->urls->files; $fmField->placeholder = 'Destination Folder for your generated favicons, webmanifest and browserconfig'; $fmField->columnWidth = 100; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon('folder'); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesCloser); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabCloser); $fmFieldgroup->save(); /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Experimental Markup Tests $wrapperFaviconMagic = new InputfieldWrapper(); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('id','faviconMagicWrapper'); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('title',$this->_('Favicon Magic')); // field show info what $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $field->name = 'use'; $field->label = __('How do I use it?'); $field->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $field->icon('info'); $field->attr('value', 'Does this even begin to vaguely work?'); $field->columnWidth = 50; $wrapperFaviconMagic->add($field); $fmTemplate->fields->add($wrapperFaviconMagic); $fmTemplate->fields->save(); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Create page $page = $this->wire( new Page() ); $page->template = MODULE_NAME; $page->parent = $this->wire('pages')->get('/'); $page->addStatus(Page::statusHidden); $page->title = 'Favicons'; $page->name = self::PAGE_NAME; $page->process = $this; $page->save(); } }  
    • By Sebi
      Since it's featured in ProcessWire Weekly #310, now is the time to make it official:
      Here is Twack!
      I really like the following introduction from ProcessWire Weekly, so I hope it is ok if I use it here, too. Look at the project's README for more details!
      Twack is a new — or rather newish — third party module for ProcessWire that provides support for reusable components in an Angular-inspired way. Twack is implemented as an installable module, and a collection of helper and base classes. Key concepts introduced by this module are:
      Components, which have separate views and controllers. Views are simple PHP files that handle the output for the component, whereas controllers extend the TwackComponent base class and provide additional data handling capabilities. Services, which are singletons that provide a shared service where components can request data. The README for Twack uses a NewsService, which returns data related to news items, as an example of a service. Twack components are designed for reusability and encapsulating a set of features for easy maintainability, can handle hierarchical or recursive use (child components), and are simple to integrate with an existing site — even when said site wasn't originally developed with Twack.
      A very basic Twack component view could look something like this:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; ?> <h1>Hello World!</h1> And here's how you could render it via the API:
      <?php namespace Processwire; $twack = $modules->get('Twack'); $hello = $twack->getNewComponent('HelloWorld'); ?> <html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?= $hello->render() ?> </body> </html> Now, just to add a bit more context, here's a simple component controller:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; class HelloWorld extends TwackComponent { public function __construct($args) { parent::__construct($args); $this->title = 'Hello World!'; if(isset($args['title'])) { $this->title = $args['title']; } } } As you can see, there's not a whole lot new stuff to learn here if you'd like to give Twack a try in one of your projects. The Twack README provides a really informative and easy to follow introduction to all the key concepts (as well as some additional examples) so be sure to check that out before getting started. 
      Twack is in development for several years and I use it for every new project I build. Also integrated is an easy to handle workflow to make outputs as JSON, so it can be used to build responses for a REST-api as well. I will work that out in one section in the readme as well. 
      If you want to see the module in an actual project, I have published the code of www.musical-fabrik.de in a repository. It runs completely with Twack and has an app-endpoint with ajax-output as well.
      I really look forward to hear, what you think of Twack🥳!
      Features Installation Usage Quickstart: Creating a component Naming conventions & component variants Component Parameters directory page parameters viewname Asset handling Services Named components Global components Ajax-Output Configuration Versioning License Changelog
    • By Robin S
      Page Reference Default Value
      Most ProcessWire core inputfield types that can be used with a Page Reference field support a "Default value" setting. This module extends support for default values to the following core inputfield types:
      Page List Select Page List Select Multiple Page Autocomplete (single and multiple) Seeing as these inputfield types only support the selection of pages a Page List Select / Page List Select Multiple is used for defining the default value instead of the Text / Textarea field used by the core for other inputfield types. This makes defining a default value a bit more user-friendly.
      Note that as per the core "Default value" setting, the Page Reference field must be set to "required" in order for the default value to be used.
      Screenshot

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageReferenceDefaultValue
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-reference-default-value/