Website Works Perfect On Local Host, On Server I Can't Access /login Page. What's Wrong?

bearclaw

Hello guys I'm new here!

I've been working on this website that I've made with Foundation. I wanted to put a CMS in it so now i'm here!

On my localhost the website works perfect. I've adjusted the Processwire CMS to my wishes and with /login I and other users would be able to change the texts on the website. So I thought I was ready to put it live. I exported the MySQL files. Created a new db. Imported everything. And via an FTP client uploaded all the files. The homepage works fine. But now whenever I want to login using /login which I changed /processwire to I get a 404 error:

Not Found

The requested URL /login was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What am I doing wrong here?

I've checked a lot of messages on this forum about the .htaccess file but I haven't got it to work yet and need help from more experienced PW users:)

This is my website: http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Access Restrictions: Protect ProcessWire system files
  # -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Block access to any htaccess files
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)\.htaccess$ [NC,OR]
  # Block access to protected assets directories
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/assets/(cache|logs|backups|sessions|config|install|tmp)($|/.*$) [OR]
  # Block acceess to the /site/install/ directory
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/install($|/.*$) [OR]
  # Block dirs in /site/assets/ dirs that start with a hyphen
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/assets.*/-.+/.* [OR]
  # Block access to /wire/config.php, /site/config.php, /site/config-dev.php, and /wire/index.config.php
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(wire|site|site-[^/]+)/(config|index\.config|config-dev)\.php$ [OR]
  # Block access to any PHP-based files in /templates-admin/
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(wire|site|site-[^/]+)/templates-admin($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))$ [OR]
  # Block access to any PHP or markup files in /site/templates/
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/templates($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))$ [OR]
  # Block access to any PHP files in /site/assets/
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/assets($|/|/.*\.php)$ [OR]
  # Block access to any PHP files in core or core module directories
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)wire/(core|modules)/.*\.(php|inc|tpl|module)$ [OR]
  # Block access to any PHP files in /site/modules/
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/modules/.*\.(php|inc|tpl|module)$ [OR]
  # Block access to any software identifying txt files
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(COPYRIGHT|INSTALL|README|htaccess)\.(txt|md)$ [OR]
  # Block all http access to the default/uninstalled site-default directory
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)site-default/
  # If any conditions above match, isssue a 403 forbidden
  RewriteRule ^.*$ - [F,L]

# Ensure that the URL follows the name-format specification required by ProcessWire

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^/~?[-_.a-zA-Z0-9/]*$"

# If the request is for a file or directory that physically exists on the server,
  # then don't give control to ProcessWire, and instead load the file

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !(favicon\.ico|robots\.txt)

# OPTIONAL: Prevent ProcessWire from attempting to serve images or anything in /site/assets/. 
  # Both of these lines are optional, but can help to reduce server load. However, they
  # are not compatible with the $config->pagefileSecure option (if enabled) and they 
  # may produce an Apache 404 rather than your regular 404. You may uncomment the two lines
  # below if you don't need to use the $config->pagefileSecure option.

# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico)$ [NC]
  # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !(^|/)site/assets/

# Pass control to ProcessWire if all the above directives allow us to this point.
  # For regular VirtualHosts (most installs)
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?it=$1 [L,QSA]

# 500 NOTE: If using VirtualDocumentRoot: comment out the one above and use this one instead.
  # RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?it=$1 [L,QSA]

</IfModule>

#################################################################################################
# END PROCESSWIRE HTACCESS DIRECTIVES
#################################################################################################

What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

htaccess.txt

Looks like you have to set a RewriteBase (just delete the # in front of the first line "RewriteBase /" or if your installations lays in a subfolder change it to "RewriteBase /subfolder/")

And please check if modrewrite is installed on your server: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9021425/how-to-check-if-mod-rewrite-is-enabled-in-php

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.

But I still get the same error when my .htaccess file looks like this:

RewriteBase /www/
  # RewriteBase /wp/
  # RewriteBase /~user/

My sit is in the /www folder. 

I've also checked if modrewrite is installed. When I search in the phpinfo() for Mod_Rewrite or anything like that it is not finding anything. 
Als these funcitons are disabled: apache_child_terminate,apache_get_modules,apache_note,apache_setenv

Does that mean that moderewrite is not installed on the server?

Kind regards,

Joris