ryan

New MarkupCache module

Using MarkupCache and needed to switch the page to MultiLanguage. First I thought oooh my god how can I achieve this without having code duplications within complex conditions?!  :undecided:

But it's PW (in this case it's just PHP logic^^) but PW is great! :D

You "only" have to set the name of the cache file dynamically based on the language. Nothing easier than that.

Just replace the normal initialization of the cached section from

<?php if(!$data = $cache->get("something")) {

to

<?php if (!$data = $cache->get("something_lang-{$user->language->name}")) {

Then, assuming whe have 2 languages, default and de, it's generating one cache file called "something_lang-default" and "something_lang-de"

of course you can set the name format to whatever you prefer ;)

Just wanted to share my achievement for everyone else looking for MarkupCache on a multi language site

cheers

Can

• Like 1

Ryan, is there any particular reason why this module is singular? (Or better question: could it not be?)

I think that blocks nested caching (which is @Hari's problem as well, I think).

Thanks.

@pwFoo

• MarkupCache only supports strings and uses files for storage.
  • WireCache supports arrays (of non-objects), PageArray and strings and uses DB for storage. 

WireCache is the way to go.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BitPoet
      Since I was stuck to my flat today I took up a wish and rolled a Process module / CKEditor plugin combo that adds @-autocomplete like the mentions here in the forum to CKEditor fields. It's configurable, but only in module settings for now, the positioning of the select list is quite off and there's still some visual work to be done, so it is in early alpha state.
      Nonetheless, if you want to take a look, here it is:
      https://github.com/BitPoet/ProcessMention

After installation, you may want to look into the "Additional selector" entry in the module's settings. You will most likely want to limit results to certain templates there.

Edit: Updated to version 0.0.30 with fixed positioning of the dropdown.
      Edit2: Settings are configurable in field context now. If pwmentions is enabled, the according settings are shown on the "Input" tab.

• By thuijzer
      https://github.com/thuijzer/processwire-FieldtypeBusinessHours
      Fieldtype Business Hours
      ProcessWire Fieldtype for entering business hours (opening hours)

Input format
      Leave a day empty when closed on that day
      Times are in 24 hour format.
      9:00-12:00 9:00-12:00, 13:00-17:30 16:00-2:00  
      Usage in templates
      Days are from 1 to 7 where 1 is Monday and 7 is Sunday (ISO-8601)
      echo $page->field_name->isNowOpen() ? 'Now open' : 'Now closed'; if($page->field_name[1] == null) { echo 'Closed on Monday'; } if($page->field_name[2]->inRange('11:00')) { echo 'Tuesday at 11:00 open'; } echo $page->field_name[1]; echo $page->field_name[1]->getEntries()->getFrom()->format('H:i');  
    • By hellomoto
      I was working on this:
      class PWCRM extends WireData implements Module { public static function getModuleInfo() { return array( 'title' => 'Client Relationship Management', 'version' => .001, 'singular' => true, 'autoload' => true ); } public function init() {} public function ready() { $this->pages->addHookBefore('render', $this, 'accessHook'); $this->pages->addHookAfter('render', $this, 'hookAfterPageRender'); } public function accessHook(HookEvent $event) { $page = $this->wire('page'); if (!strpos($page->template->tags, 'crm')) return; if (!$this->wire('user')->hasRole('crm')) $this->wire('session')->redirect($this->wire('config')->urls->login);//throw new Wire404Exception(); } public function hookAfterPageRender(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->object; echo $page->template->tags; if (!strpos($page->template->tags, 'crm')) return; echo $this->wire('config')->urls->templates; include_once($this->wire('config')->urls->templates.'functions.inc'); $pagehtml = $event->return; $pagehtml = str_replace( '</head>', '<link id="css_crm" rel="stylesheet" href="'.$this->wire('config')->urls->templates.'css/crm.css"> </head>', $pagehtml ); $event->return = $pagehtml; //$event->replace = true; } } I have tried placing the hooks into the init() function, and more... Neither method is effective. The echoes now output, but no redirection (although I have the access settings for the top-level template for this set to render a 404 for underprivileged users, which it does, overriding this, but nonetheless this should work aside from that.
      Then I wrote this up quick:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; class MaintenanceMode extends WireData implements Module { public static function getModuleInfo() { return array( 'title' => 'Maintenance Mode', 'version' => 1, 'summary' => 'Disables the website frontend for non-superusers.', 'singular' => true, 'autoload' => true, 'permanent' => false ); } public function init() { $this->addHookBefore('Page::render', $this, 'displayDecide'); } public function displayDecide($event) { $page = $event->object; if ($page->template == 'admin' || $this->wire('user')->hasRole('superuser')) return; // replace the method hooked $event->replace = true; $event->return = "Patience please while we undergo some brief maintenance work."; } } which likewise avails nothing. What the hell is my problem here? 
    • By adrian
           Tracy Debugger for ProcessWire
      The ultimate “swiss army knife” debugging and development tool for the ProcessWire CMF/CMS

Integrates and extends Nette's Tracy debugging tool and adds 30+ custom tools designed for effective ProcessWire debugging and lightning fast development
      The most comprehensive set of instructions and examples is available at: https://adrianbj.github.io/TracyDebugger
      Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/tracy-debugger/
      Github: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger
      A big thanks to @tpr for introducing me to Tracy and for the idea for this module and for significant feedback, testing, and feature suggestions.