cell21

I'm signed-in as admin with guest, superuser roles, but cannot edit any content within Body or Sidebar. This is despite the Access page apparently showing I have permission to do all this.

I'm really keen to get started with PW, but this is extremely frustrating.

Hello cstevensjr, thank you.

Running current version of PW with the 'demo' skyscraper content locally on Windows 7 with current version of XAMMP. Anything else you need?

P.S.

This is an 'out-of-the-box install, no additional modules added or custom changes made.

This is very weird. Try to edit the summary. Can you safe what you write in there? If so, something might be broken/corrupt with your body and/or sidebar fields. Try to replace them. If you can't safe the page at all, report back please.

EDIT: Have you checked your server environment? (https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire#troubleshooting-installation) Is your site/config.php and site/templates writeable?

Hi totoff.

Yes I can edit and save Summary and Title.

As this is clearly not a common problem, perhaps I should just download a new package and try another clean install. I'll save this template set to compare later. If all goes ok on second install, I may be able to determin the cause. I shall do this a little later on today and report back. Thanks all.

Ivan: JavaScript is running.

It's like Ivan said: Looks like a TinyMCE problem.

Do you tried different Browsers? Which OS are you running (looks like windows 2000)? Have you tried to use another computer? 

Tried in Opera - an old Presto build ironically - and et voila :)

So it was a browser issue all along. Why didn't I check that?

Many thanks Nico. I shall now try to work out why this was the case at localhost, but not at the PW online demo, which rendered perfectly.

For future reference my main browser - since Opera committed suicide - is PaleMoon, a custom build of Firefox. Though that in itself is clearly not the sole cause. I

Many thanks to everyone for being so helpful. Glad I don't have cause to blame PW for this initial glitch, because it appears to be the ideal bloat-free, common sense CMS solution I've been searching for.

• Like 1

If you are using Chrome, check the console output to see if there are errors

Yes I should have done more investigation browser-wise, but it was that the online demo that worked perfectly that threw me!

Just to tie things up....

The lack of editing options was due to127.0.0.1/ProcessWire/wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldTinyMCE/tinymce-3.5.8/plugins/inlinepopups/editor_plugin.js prevented from loading. The culprit was the following badly implemented regex in my custom adblock script:  .popup.*\.js  Either a typo or accidentally left in place after some testing. Removed it and everything is dandy! TinyMCE editing returned to normal. Now I can get on and enjoy PW. Thanks again all :)

I take full responsibility for my clumsiness. :-[

• Like 1

this is, btw, true and sad at the same time.

Very sad indeed totoff. I miss Opera/Presto ever second I'm online. Nothing else comes close. :(

I've done my best to replicate most of the functionality with numerous plugins and PaleMoon (Firefox), but I just can't achieve the same contented, secure feeling I always had with Opera/Presto. Opera/Presto was solid and they just threw all away in favour of a re-badged Chrome. Opera ASA never gave a single thought for it's devoted user base. It's a tragic waste. Don't let me get started. >:D

• Like 1