Upgrading to 2.5 and module got missed

Hari KT

I have a module which has dependency on other modules. When upgrading to the latest version on dev branch for testing the latest dynamic roles module. I noticed the module installed got missing.

It was not shown in installed nor when checked for new modules.

This is something in the getModuleInfo

'requires' => array(
- 'Article',
- 'Source',
- 'Section',
- )

Other modules don't have any issues. When removing the requires, and deleting the name from modules table I installed a fresh module again.

When the requires is there and trying to install module it shows module installed with session error unknown.

Not sure why it is happening.

There is definitely issues with last commit and module requirements. I opened discussion about that in GitHub (see the last commit in dev).

For now I suggest using second latest commit.

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure what the issue was, as I wasn't able to reproduce it locally. But I did make several adjustments in the Modules class that I think might help (just now committed to dev). I'm curious to know if it resolves the issue you guys were experiencing there? I've also updated the DynamicRoles module to use info.json files rather than a getModuleInfo() method. I should have done that in the first place since DynamicRoles extends another module (ProcessPageType), so it's also possible the issue was related to that. I would suggest upgrading the core first, and then the Dynamic Roles module if you still see errors. Thanks and please let me know what you find. 

Hi Ryan,

I don't think it is problem with the dynamic roles module. I was talking about my custom module got missing when upgraded to the latest code in dev version.

I will do another update of the core files and let you know.

Thanks

Hi Ryan,

I have upgraded to latest version and installing Dynamic module gives me

Session: Module Auto Install: DynamicRoleSupport - Unable to install module 'DynamicRoleSupport': SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'droles-28' for key 'name_parent_id'

The 3rd party module was safe this time. Probably because not installed.