ProcessWire vs WordPress

cmscritic

I just finished this article and wanted to post it here as I'd love to get some feedback from you guys in the comments of the article explaining why you work with ProcessWire. There's a great chance here to help spread the word a bit more for this awesome CMS we all love.

If you have five minutes, please share your thoughts in the article comments. I'd appreciate it.

ProcessWire vs WordPress

• Like 13

Mike,

Thanks for the article. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it is looking good. I am still on page 1 and noticed this important typo...

WordPress served us well for a number of years but we began to run into issues with the CMS that still plague it to this day. I'm going to break down the issues and address the differences in how things are handled between ProcessWire vs WordPress and why we prefer the latter.

"...and why we prefer the latter" should be "...and why we prefer the former" :D

• Like 1

Mike,

Thanks for the article. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it is looking good. I am still on page 1 and noticed this important typo...

"...and why we prefer the latter" should be "...and why we prefer the former" :D

Yah i just noticed this as well :undecided:

Fixed. :P

Hi Mike,

Great article. I'll post some comments when I get a minute. First thing I noticed was the Pagination Textformatter in action— love it! :)

Works like a charm!

Hi Mike,

The link: "the amazing Ryan Cramer" doesn't link to a page. 

Thanks for the beautiful article !

Does now and thank you, glad you liked it. I seem to have stirred the hornet's nest a bit (makes note to do this again soon) and brought out some WP fanboys. ;P

Only while reading comments to that article I suddenly saw that PW is a mirrored WP. This is probably by Ryan's design and quite telling - we go somewhat the opposite direction. WP is less knowledge required but less flexibility and PW is more of those.