Redactor WYSIWYG Editor

Soulsliver

I see my post above was practically removed. I thought other readers would appreciate to hear how that company is operating. This post WAS what originally convinced me to sign up and pay them for the product. I'm now forced to change the editor on 7 different domains or pay them for an upgrade (who knows for how long). Seems like they're hosting my web development hostage. This post is the culprit.

I can certainly see your intent and I think it's ok that you want to let people know about problems in redactors pricing strategy. But this is not the place to discuss this in more detail than that. This part of the forum is just a loose wish list for ProcessWire, which happened to have a topic about redactor. We're by no means promoting or otherwise suggesting anyone to use redactor and even if this topic convinced you initially to use redactor your problem is not related to us. As I said I support you trying to simply warn other people, but everything else is just not our business.

• Like 2

In the interest of transparency, I would like to state that I made a mistake in editing @Tomasz post. I have personally apologised to him and advised him to use an appropriate board here to air such views.  We hope this incident doesn't keep him away from the forums.  We are a friendly bunch here but we do make mistakes sometimes.

Cheers,

Francis

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2014 at 2:58 AM, Beluga said:

@teppo: how about testing Quill?

There is a discussion thread about it.

My 2 cents on Quill.js--- use something else ---if you want to extend it's document model in any meaningful way you will get very stuck... there have been some really bad design and architectural decisions that have made upgrades virtually impossible, if you are considering using quill.js take note that it does not support blocks within blocks, and the delta format doesn't support nesting... a div within it's default p tag is not possible, so tables are not possible, a simple div is not possible even break handling is very difficult, br tags are wrapped in P tags which are blocks... The community is not great, the docs are woeful, they don't describe advanced functionality because advanced functionality is not possible-- there is bad blood because the developers systematically delete any issues related to the aforementioned issues, it's almost as if they're trying to make it look better to secure sponsorship..... you will find if you dig into the user extensions, they're all half baked because there are intractable issues with the framework...perhaps it'll sort itself out with a rewrite in version 2.0. ... for now I would recommend looking at slate.js or prosemirror because those have first class data models with nesting, they also have issues but I have more faith these issues can be resolved.

• Like 1