Website without homepage

Hi,

First thanks for PW, I tested it against 4 other supposedly well-written CMS (namely Bolt, Concrete5, Croogo & PyroCMS) and it was by far the fastest and the lightest of all (I'll post details later), which was important for me.  Furthermore for the moment everything seems straightforward and/or described in the forums (this is my first real CMS experience).

Well, everything but one thing. :)  Actually I guess it has already been addressed somewhere but I can't figure how to search for it.

I'm trying to make a website without an homepage (or, for search's sake, with no homepage).  That is, I would like such a flat hierarchy :

- A [homepage]
  - A1
  - A2
  - …
- B
  - B1
  - B2
  - …
- …

I can see two ways to do that, but neither work : either by hiding the homepage (unfortunately it doesn't hide, probably a bug ?) or by having several homepages (unfortunately it seems it's not possible to create new pages at the root).

Any idea ?

er ... if you were doing this by straight html, no cms, how would you do it?

Surely you would still end up with a single landing page? index.html, probably.

In your layout above, if A is reached by mywebsite.com, how is B reached? Would that not be mywebsite.com/B.html?

In which case, as far as the visitor is concerned, B appears like a child of A, even though they are actually in the same folder.

How is that different from how PW is normally?

• Like 1

@joss : It's just that my explanation is bad — though in your example, I don't consider B as a child of A.  My issue is that I want A to list its children and B to list its own children, but A & B being on the same level in the menu.  Of course I could do it with templates but I thought it would be quite messy for such a simple thing.

A redirect should do the trick indeed, how could I not think about that.  Thanks !

• Like 1