Yet another CMS switch?

abyys

Hi,

just wanted to say hello to PW. Some former WebsiteBaker users made me aware of PW, so I decided to give it a trial this weekend.

From my past CMS experience, I decided to convert an existing SilverStripe template into PW from scratch. This way you will quickly get a feeling about the system itself, the backend, template system and available documentation. After watching two videos and reviewing the API documentation, I started over and had a clone of my SilverStripe site running in less than two hours.

I started with WebsiteBaker back in 2006, did some sites with ModX and Contao (formerly known as TypoLight) and was even forced :-) to deal with WordPress by one client, before I finally switched to SilverStripe around 2009.

My first impression of PW was: cool little CMS with easy backend, awesome API. Somehow feels a bit like a mixture of WebsiteBaker, Contao and SilverStripe to me, taking the best from all of them while skipping the bad parts.

Respect. Looking forward learning more about PW.

Cheers cwsoft

• Like 11

Hi, and welcome cwsoft :)

I'm also pretty new around here, having fully switched to ProcessWire a little over a month ago. I, too, came from various different systems (PyroCMS, SilverStripe, WordPress [yes, also forced ;)], Typo3, and Drupal). PW has really done a good job at melding everything together in such an elegant, and simple, fashion.

So yeah, welcome to the club :)

@renobird: I can't wait for 2.5 - going to give the dev branch a try today. :)

• Like 1

welcome cwsoft!

former contao user? ever tried to provide customized content elements for your clients in contao? something that doesn't come out of the box? oh dear ...

pw is a giant leap forward in this respect. finally you are free to give you clients what they want - for a reasonable rate (read: everything is doable in contao, but for what price?).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

still on my discovery journey thorugh PW. Like what I see so far.

Are there any alternative admin themes (respective page site tree modules) available to tweak the backend view a bit?

Have run both, PW 2.4.0 stable and latest DEV version.

Cheers cwsoft

Processwire seems to me the best option for any web site. Your slogan makes it very clear "Build Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Easier."

I have worked with joomla, drupal, wordpress,etc and it is true that they have a lot of modules ( Galleries, comments, administration, Admin themes, etc ). I believe than you can create the same thing without modules (or create your own) on Processwire.

Did you know that a lot of ex-modx'ers found refuge in processwire ?

You can find them here in the forum.

I didn´t know it but i´m happy.

Hello,

@totoff: Tried to install the Modesta theme, but I somehow fail to "activate" it.

Downloaded it from the link you provided and copied the content of the ZIP file to: /site/modules/AdminThemeModesta.

Then I went to "Modules -> Check for new Modules" and clicked the "Install" button. The Modesta theme showed up.

However, I seem to be too stupid to get the theme activated. Tried to logout, cleared browser cache, nothing happened.

Any advice?

Cheers cwsoft

@blad: First time I heart about the CMS listed at postion 9 and 10 in your list

• Like 1

Hello,

@totoff: Tried to install the Modesta theme, but I somehow fail to "activate" it.

Downloaded it from the link you provided and copied the content of the ZIP file to: /site/modules/AdminThemeModesta.

Then I went to "Modules -> Check for new Modules" and clicked the "Install" button. The Modesta theme showed up.

However, I seem to be too stupid to get the theme activated. Tried to logout, cleared browser cache, nothing happened.

Any advice?

Cheers cwsoft

@blad: First time I heart about the CMS listed at postion 9 and 10 in your list

I can enlarge the list if you want but I think that processwire is the best.

The AdminThemeModesta Support topic https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6672-adminthememodesta-new-modest-admin-theme/ . The theme works for me.