Module: Pagination Textformatter

ryan

This Textformatter module for ProcessWire enables you to break up a single textarea field (using either TinyMCE or CKEditor) into multiple pages. You include all of the content in a single rich text field and separate each pagination with a line of hyphens (5+). When rendered on the front-end, the user will see pagination links at the bottom of the page enabling them to move forward and backward through the content/article.

Also included is the option for title pagination. That means assigning a title/headline to each pagination and giving the user a list of those titles they can click on to move to each section of the article.

post-2-0-89460000-1403901202_thumb.png

• Like 17

When rendered on the front-end, the user will see pagination links at the bottom of the page enabling them to move forward and backward through the content/article. Also included is the option for title pagination. That means assigning a title/headline to each pagination and giving the user a list of those titles they can click on to move to each section of the article.

Thanks Ryan, looks this also comes in very handy to quickly setup a blog function.

• Like 1

Here is a companion module (my first public module).

Accordion Textformatter

I've had this kicking around for a while. After you released Pagination, I figured I would update it and get it out there.

Same idea essentially, but creates collapsed "accordion" content instead of pagination.

Hope you don't mind, I leaned heavily on some of your code for the markup pattern. I wanted to make them essentially interchangeable (not that you ever would).

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm using pagination on a site where it is outputting articles, and i'm also setting up a "Printer Friendly" view for the page, which would output the whole page body, but i'm having trouble 'unsetting' the pagination textformatter.

Any tips on how to do that (i've tried a bunch of things, like $page->getUnformatted('body'), and $page->of(false)... but nothing seems to work - i always get the paginated version; i don't think it could be cached because the print view is generated off a url param (?printerFriendly=true)

i guess i could apply the textformatter at runtime to the field where pagination is required - is that the best way to approach this?

• 10 months later...
On 7/25/2015 at 4:46 PM, Macrura said:

I'm using pagination on a site where it is outputting articles, and i'm also setting up a "Printer Friendly" view for the page, which would output the whole page body, but i'm having trouble 'unsetting' the pagination textformatter.

Any tips on how to do that (i've tried a bunch of things, like $page->getUnformatted('body'), and $page->of(false)... but nothing seems to work - i always get the paginated version; i don't think it could be cached because the print view is generated off a url param (?printerFriendly=true)

i guess i could apply the textformatter at runtime to the field where pagination is required - is that the best way to approach this?

Hi Macrura, 

any chance you've solved this? Any tips?

Nevermind! I figured it out.

$page->getUnformatted('body'); 

It works, now I just have to remove the "----- title xyz"  shortcodes from the content. 

Edited by Sérgio
Figured it out.