How can I add a link to a Custom text

mosravo

http://processwire.com/api/variables/pages/

Find all skyscrapers (i.e. pages using the skyscraper template). Then make a list linking to each of them. Note that this foreach() example below also applies to all examples below this – the foreach() has been left out of later examples for brevity.
  • $skyscrapers = $pages->find("template=skyscraper");
    foreach($skyscrapers as $s)    echo "<li><a href='{$s->url}'>{$s->title}</a></li>";
  • Like 1

The easiest way to link to one specific page would be by ignoring PW entirely and just typing href="/service/" in your template file. Slightly more complex, but giving you powerful advantages would be to grab the page with $pages->get(). You can pass the get function either the page's path as above, or its numeric ID, or a full blown selector string. Then you can use ->url on the resulting page object. At first sight this may seem like an overcomplication when you can just link to the path, but since it gives you the full page, you can make your link text multilingual or display whatever fields alingside it.

• Like 1

http://processwire.com/api/variables/pages/

• $skyscrapers = $pages->find("template=skyscraper");
    foreach($skyscrapers as $s)    echo "<li><a href='{$s->url}'>{$s->title}</a></li>";
kongondo thank you, this method work for the subpages i created, what i actually want is the main page to link not the subpages, or is it only subpages that we can link?

thanks, for your tips. i have arrived at the answer with this

<?php
  $s = $pages->get("/service/");
  echo "<li><a href='{$s->url}'>{$s->title}</a></li>"; 
?>

thanks.Kongondo and Jan Romero .Jan your method work too. you can see what i was able to achieve with it at www.mcalleluyashow.mil.nf though i am still working on the the slide show i am trying to still implement.

Thanks once again for your support