language installation in dev 2.4.5 ?

Manfred62

I'm setting up a new local installation with fresh PW dev 2.4.5 and installed language support module. Now I loaded all translation files into the default language, but all stays in english after reloading the page? Isn't it possible anymore to overwrite the default language or did I missed something?

Also checked another installation, which I updated regularly from 2.4 to 2.4.5 --> no problem there with using single default language translated.

I can confirm this. I noticed that the pagename format of newly uploaded language files differ from translation files which are already there, for example:

• Before: wire--modules--inputfield--inputfieldselector--inputfieldselector-module
  • After:    wire_modules_inputfield_inputfieldselector_inputfieldselector-module

I think it has to do with the following commit: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/ca8a5418a21274a37c2ca2e9c2a2d6ae92592f4b

oh yes, now I realize the other filenames. Tested: delete all lang-files under site/assets/files/... Then copy translation files into existing directory. All working now.

But under setup/languages/... the file-names don't change. Means the files cannot be edited. Also the headings under setup and access are no more translated.

Hmm, seems there's something broken since the last update. We have to inform Ryan about this problem.

• Like 1

Manfred62, looks like I broke it in one of this week's commits. I added translation support to uploaded filenames so that you could upload ŖýäŅ-Čřämêŕ.jpg and it would convert to ryan-cramer.jpg rather than ____-______.jpg. It basically runs files through the existing translation engine used by page names (and your settings defined with the InputfieldPageName module). So it was attempting to beautify filenames in the same way as page names, which meant converting things like doubled hyphens to a single replacement character. Obviously that's not compatible with the language JSON file name format, my mistake. I've modified it so that it now allows doubled hyphens, so it should be fixed now on dev. I was also able to duplicate the issue with the Setup and Access page titles/summaries incorrectly displaying in default language, so that should be fixed now as well. Thanks for reporting it. 

• Like 7

Ryans fix in latest dev works! :)

...and I just want to say how thankful I am that Ryan is such a responsive developer.

One more thing: I did some speed benchmarks on 2.4.5 and can say that 2.4.5 is approximately 30% faster compared to 2.4.4 on my projects. Awesome!

• Like 2