AdminThemeModesta - New modest admin theme

nikola

@Manfred62

You have to uninstall Default Admin Theme from Core modules section before/after installing Modesta Admin Theme and it should work fine.

I'll update the readme with instructions.

New theme updates coming after this weekend :)

• Like 2

@Manfred62

You have to uninstall Default Admin Theme from Core modules section before/after installing Modesta Admin Theme and it should work fine.

Hi Nikola,

sorry no chance. In every case I only get the old-style theme from /wire/templates-admin/. Also tried this theme in an gradually updated (2.4 -2.4.5) dev installation. There I don't even get the checkbox in the user-profile to select the theme?

Can anyone confirm that Modesta is running on local Windows environment?

You shouldn't have to do this unless you are worried about the login screen which will always use the default theme (if available) since the theme is controlled on a per user basis.

Now I have seen it. Yes, could be a windows issue...see screenshots below

Before modesta

post-894-0-36075700-1403268745_thumb.png

After modesta

post-894-0-56925500-1403268770_thumb.png

@Manfred62

I'll update the readme with instructions....

@nikola,

See Adrian's post above. I also agree with that. Since these new admin themes are modules, they should be able to exists side by side. There shouldn't be any need to uninstall one in order to install/use another :-)...So, I wouldn't update those instructions just yet... :D...Thanks for the theme!

I'm impressed by this theme nikola. I love the simplicity of the look. The module configuration makes so much sense. 

Sorry to be a nitpicker:

1. I would love to see that child elements in the tree are more indented.

2. The contrast of status hidden compared to default is to less.

3. The color of the fontawesome icons in the pagetree is to light.

Take a look at the screen shot ( css glitch ) 

post-577-0-68978400-1403270751_thumb.png

Overall very good work here nikola !

@Horst...yes, that line is there...

Ok. I have downloaded and installed it too. I'm on windows and it doesn't load. It's like @Manfred said, in the Line 55 in core/AdminTheme.php :: init() $this->wire('page') does return NULL and not a pageobject for the AdminThemeModesta. For another AdminTheme-Module it returns a pageobject. Comparing both modules shows that both use the exact same code in methods init() install() getModuleInfo(). Weird!

I just had the same issue on mac with a fresh install. I uninstalled the default admin theme, which changed nothing, but then I hit "check for new modules" and the next page loaded the admin theme correctly. It's really wierd.

• Like 1

I just had the same issue on mac with a fresh install. I uninstalled the default admin theme, which changed nothing, but then I hit "check for new modules" and the next page loaded the admin theme correctly. It's really wierd.

I can confirm this workaround!! Now I also have the Modesta theme activated.

Also you can have both themes installed. You only have to make a new search for modules, to refresh the theme change.

For example: root gets Modesta theme, guest gets Default theme is also possible.

• Like 1

The problem with theme switching indeed exists on latest dev versions, I'm also using PW for production in Windows environment and in 2.4.0 switching is working fine.

I'll check every suggestion and posted question when I get home from holiday (tommorow) because I don't have my working computer with me...

• Like 2

I just noticed another strange thing that maybe is related to the admin theme problems described here.

If i do a fresh install i get to the last installation screen. On that screen are two buttons; one says "Login to Admin", the other "View Site".

If i click on the "Login to Admin" button i am then presented with the 'old' login screen.

install2.png

When i click "View Site" and then click the admin link in the top navigation (head.inc) i get the new login page. This is also the case when i close the browser on the last install screen and then later visit mysite/processwire

install1.png

Small detail: the update notices seem to be different on the old and new loginscreen.

I have not been able to pinpoint the problem but i got a feeling that maybe this has something to do with the systemupdater (6?) and/or the newly added caches feature and corresponding db table. This seems to contain a module cache.

I just noticed another strange thing that maybe is related to the admin theme problems described here.

If i do a fresh install i get to the last installation screen. On that screen are two buttons; one says "Login to Admin", the other "View Site".

If i click on the "Login to Admin" button i am then presented with the 'old' login screen.

I had the same behavior when I installed pw dev to test the dev version of the theme.