Two new German sites powered by PW

yellowled

Two new small sites, both powered by PW 2.4. Both of them in German only (sorry, people who can't read German), HTML5 and responsive. Both kind of simple in design (per request).

http://www.eutin-immobilien.de is a site for a local real-estate agent (in a very small town). Content's become a bit weird since the client started to manage it himself because he used the wrong image formats here and there and also decided to skip my advice to keep the headlines short. Nothing much I can do about that; at some point, you just got to let it go. (I'm not a huge fan of limiting the number of characters there.)

http://clic-deutschland.de is for a small, but expanding association which … well, I guess it's best described as a network of support groups for addiction. Kind of like AA, but with a different approach. Especially challenging since they have extremely weird needs in terms of the date formats for their events. Excellent example of how to use the GoogleMap marker module with a jQuery plugin to make it really easy for editors to add individual maps for directions.

(The latter was originally requested as a Wordpress site. I suggested PW instead, and the main editor is so impressed by PW that she's considering it for the next relaunch of her own web site.)

• Like 6

Hi Matthias,

very clean looking sites. And they are veeery fast...!

Only one point missing: don't know or see on what page I am. Means better highlighting the active pagelink?

I prefer to replace the active link html from <a> to <strong> and style it differently (keyword: Deppenlink).

Sorry, don't know the correct english word for this behaviour.

Very nice websites.

I'd love to already know how to create this kind of real-estate website (profile) with processwire in order to offer this service to real-estate agents.

I just have some unclear ideas about all this, for the moment.

I've just been testing, with firebug, what the homepage would look like if the h4 titles at the bottom where after the images (because of the titles that are not short), like for example putting the h4 tag around the anchor tag inside footer and the h4 text instead of Details, and adding title="Details". (I think I've seen that in html5 we can put header tags inside anchor tags, if really needed.)

Or putting the h4 tag between the image and the Details button (I'm not sure if it's "semantic" or not to put the h4 tag after, if it's important).

(Is the form a simple php form? I like the "?link=1643" functionality.)

Only one point missing: don't know or see on what page I am. Means better highlighting the active pagelink?

I think that's pointless here. On most pages, you'll get that from the pages main heading.

As for the current page link, there's mixed opinions on that. (Some users are actually irritated if the current page is not a link.)

I'd love to already know how to create this kind of real-estate website (profile) with processwire in order to offer this service to real-estate agents.

Judging from this experience, if you have to enter and emit this massive amount of data for the various types of real-estate objects (the client wanted to here, it might or might not be necessary), you'll probably want to use the new ProFields: Table module. I don't use it here, and it's been a pain in the butt to create fields and code the templates for that. Another option would be to implement the details for any given object simply as a textarea, but since this client is not very experienced in editing content, it did not seem like a viable option.

As for moving the heading below the image, I think that while it may technically be possible, it doesn't make much sense. It's probably not really a stable solution, either – the headings could still have a different number of lines below the image, which would ruin the layout as well.

Yes, the form is a simple PHP form. See https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6516-%E2%80%9Cpre-set%E2%80%9D-a-form-field-using-session/ for the implementation of “pre-setting” the form field.

• Like 2

Thank you for the information.

For the heading, yes, it's not really a better solution.

Perhaps always having 2 lines, even if the second is blank, and reducing line-height... and putting a small border around the heading with some padding.

German compound words can be very long.

Have a nice weekend!

Perhaps always having 2 lines, even if the second is blank, and reducing line-height... and putting a small border around the heading with some padding.

There's no good way to do that in CSS in a responsive context. Well, technically there's text-overflow, but that also cuts off information in this case.