World Cup 2014

kongondo

Agreed, Germany definitely brought their A game. They have played great the entire tournament and this game showed how well of an organized team they are. I think Brazil forgot they were supposed to play today.

I agree it was to painfull. ( I was really afraid of riots on the streets  )

@totoff,

Manuel Neuer playing forward making the formation very compact, Müller maybe the best player of this WK. The Mannschaft is a very well organized team. Gonna be very hard for any team. Tonight we first have to play against Argentina. We will see. 

Edited by Martijn Geerts

I think with Neymar missing it was always going to be a struggle against Germany.

Brazil seemed weak to me before and Neymar was really their shining light that got them through to this stage. Without him I am not so sure if Brazil would have got as far as they did.

• Like 1

That's the problem with depending on one player (Neymar)...but yesterday they missed Thiago Silva even more! I still think Germany would have beaten them with these two players around....Brazil never really showed up at this WC and let emotions get in the way too many times...

• Like 1

That's the problem with depending on one player (Neymar)...but yesterday they missed Thiago Silva even more! I still think Germany would have beaten them with these two players around....Brazil never really showed up at this WC and let emotions get in the way too many times...

I agree totally.

Also regarding emotions getting in the way of the Brazilians play. One thing that the Germans are good at is keeping their emotions under check and keeping their cool in high pressure games especially when taking penalties as we very well know.  :)

Very tense game that was. Commiserations my Dutch friends.....

As for Argentina (or the Dutch for that matter)....I don't see them going past the Germans. Barring the impossible, the Germans have it! Best team of the tournament IMO.

• Like 1

Penalties in the end is not really football. The Dutch were not so penalty lucky with Argentina as with Costa Rica.

But ok the Dutch won't have to loose face in front of Germany, that is left for Argentina. Van Gaal showed him self

a very strategic man and won many dutch hearts. Germany is probably gonna have it's end sieg.

I've gone to bed last night after the regular gametime, as it's just sad to see a game, where both teams try to not loose the ball. While the Dutch seem to have a fine team, I'm just not impressed with this ultra-save backpassing strategy, and Argentina did almost the same yesterday.

• Like 2

Penalties in the end is not really football.

Yes, Sometimes I think it would be better to have a replay when it comes to this stage of the world cup rather than penalties.

Maybe even tell the teams that if neither win then neither team goes to the final. The quarter finalist losers could then have a play off to play in the final.

That would give them a kick to not hog the ball all the time and play safe.