World Cup 2014

kongondo

OK, ladies & gents. If you are interested in or have been 'forced' to watch football (that's soccer for y'all across the pond)....here's a thread where we can all discuss all matters World Cup 2014 in one place. Predictions, Best, Worst moments,  Favourites, Anecdotes...bring it on please!  :)

• Like 1

Watched the opening game Bra - Kro. And was dissapointed kroatie did not win. They played much better game then Brazil.

A schwalbe + japanese forune cookie = goal. Last years Brazil is running on lucky oil.

2morrow I will go to Museumplein Amsterdam to see the Netherlands vs Spain match - expected visitors 180.000 people!

• Like 1

The point is, what country would pwired choose !

Ha ha - good one Martijn. Yes I may live in Spain (17 years now) but I will always stay a Dutch guy ^_^

I always put my bets without doubt on the Netherlands when it comes to football.

Talking about it, I am not the only Dutch guy here. Heck there are even lots of dutch bars and restaurants here.

I have learned to know lots of dutch people here. We always read dutch newspapers to know what is going on in

"Holland" and have long discussions. Spanish locals call us "cabezas de queso" :lol: which means "kaaskoppen".

In some dutch bars here dutch people now show up with orange wooden shoes which are "klompen" in orange color :P specially for the Dutch - Spanish football. It is going to be a long orange week-end here :)

• Like 3

Kind boring sport you have here on earth. On my planet we also play a kind of "football", but it's called "airball". There's 42 players and the playing field is 3.1415 square kilometers. We use hover-boards and the ball is levitating. The goal is a circle and if the ball enters the goal, one player of the other team has to drink 1 cup of slime that contains 50% alcohol. Pretty damn fun. *hickup*

• Like 2

Kongondo, Which part of the UK are you from? I noticed you didn't mention England.

:D....I was coming to that...OK, let's not kid ourselves, England is not going to win the WC. But, I think our boys will do well this time because there is less fuss this time round around the whole English team, less circus, etc. There's really no expectation on our part. I think the young lads will do us proud nevertheless...they have no past baggage so to speak, are really good players and have nothing to lose. :-) C'mon England!

• Like 1

:D....I was coming to that...OK, let's not kid ourselves, England is not going to win the WC. But, I think our boys will do well this time because there is less fuss this time round around the whole English team, less circus, etc. There's really no expectation on our part. I think the young lads will do us proud nevertheless...they have no past baggage so to speak, are really good players and have nothing to lose. :-) C'mon England!

Tomorrow we are going to enjoy 3fingers VS Kongondo (Italy VS England)! Forza Azzurri! :P

• Like 2

First half Spain was better and the second half the dutch did great.. The system played is not old Dutch, but I don't think the dutch have the players to play the old system. 5-1 is to much for the game played. The Dutch have to watch out for arrogance. They need to keep prepared and stay focused.

@dazzyweb, tnx

• Like 2

Sad to see England lose last night but I thought there was a lot of positives.

They at least deserved to draw.

Stats speak for themselves:

England                         Italy

18            Total shots      12
8         Shots on target     5
8                 Fouls            12
48%     Possession (%)   52%
9              Corners            2
3                Saves             7
0              Offsides            7
  • Like 1

Although I would have liked to see England win, for me I was more interested in 'how' England would play. I have never been prouder! So many positives and so many things to hope for for the future.  When is the last time you saw England play attacking football and not just sit back? When is the last time you saw England actually bring the ball forward through passing right from the goalie to the front rather than hitting the customary long passes? There's so much to look forward to; well-done lads! Congrats to the Azzurri :-)

• Like 3