AEG & Partners LLC

Mike Rockett

Greetings :)

Recently uploaded my first site made within the amazing walls of ProcessWire. It's a very simple, yet professional, site for an accounting, tax, and business consultancy in Limbe, Cameroon.

The site uses well-built templates (especially on the backend - I really love the way everything works with the editing pages on a per-template basis), and a custom module for the contact form, which runs a clear and concise validation service, powered by the respective Illuminate components (yes, I had to mingle Composer into the scene).

Looking forward to many more sites in PW - as it is, I have three more to upload by the end of July.

Hope you like it - feedback is always welcome.  :rolleyes:

www.aegpartners-cm.com

post-2289-0-90665700-1402498120_thumb.pn

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

One nit to pick: the list item triangle icons: I think most viewers will expect these to be links to more content? 

Thanks! :)

I would think that's old-school - I've only seen them to be links on really old sites (you know, with tables). From my perspective, a link should be highlighted in colour, perhaps with an underline, or should be in the form of a button. Simply, anything that looks clickable.

Would love to know what others think of this. I could change it to a square-diamond, which would match the logo. What do you think of that?

Oh, and I'd also like to know what people think of the contact form, in terms of its layout. It has been pointed out to me that, at first glance, the form asks for too much, even though many of the fields are optional.

Do you think I should make those 'optional' fields collapsed by default, ProcessWire-style?

Looking very pro and carefully crafted.

Details: I also clicked the arrow-bulleted items expecting them to be links. The phone number in the footer is unreadable as it is dark green on dark gray (ipad safari).

Looking very pro and carefully crafted.

Details: I also clicked the arrow-bulleted items expecting them to be links. The phone number in the footer is unreadable as it is dark green on dark gray (ipad safari).

Thanks,glad you like it :)

I think I'd be the person to know that the arrows are not links simply because I am a UI designer, and am not 100% aware of what people expect links to be. I think I'm going to change them to diamonds, or many even circles.

As for the phone number, it should be white on grey... Could you perhaps show me a screenshot?

I think the contact-form from a content point of view is okey, but for me I scrolled a few times down from the top, and ended exactly so that I just didn't see the big textfield. So maybe a classic select dropdown for industry and service would be better. It makes the form less long and doesn't loose any functionality. The styling as it is right now even reminds me more of a multiple select field, but it's just single select.

The detailed placeholder texts for the "optional" fields make them visually more important, than the required fields, at least for me. I would suggest to add placeholder text to the two inputs above as well. 

From a visual standpoint, maybe make the background of the optional fields slightly gray, or add something of color to the required ones. Maybe the classic "*" for required. As it is, you have to look very closely to distinguish between required and optional fields

Another thing that bugs me, is that the logo isn't linked to the homepage. I can see the standpoint, that there is a "home" link in the navigation, but still, the logo should always be linked to the startpage in my mind. I even read it in some tutorial these days.

• Like 1

Thanks for your constructive input, Benjamin - much appreciated. :)

I think the scrollable-list-box is the main thing behind why it seems like the form asks for two much information - it's really just a mindset thing. So, I will be changing the two of those to standard select-boxes.

With regards to the placeholder texts, I can see where you're going with that, and you are quite right. For me, it isn't an issue, but I'm sure it can be for others. I'll either add placeholder texts to the name and email fields, or make the other placeholder texts pop up in little tooltips when the respective field is entered. Which ever looks simpler is the one I'll push to the server.

I have found, through a bit of research, that many people actually don't focus on the meaning of the asterisk. Perhaps if I remove the 'optional' labels, and leave the 'required' ones on the form?

And yes, I agree with the logo-link - I think it is necessary to have. Force of habit for most users, anyway.

Removing the "optional" labels could help, as the user only has to know which fields he must fill.

But for me the required labels are also a problem. They are so well included in the layout, but so far on other side of the form, that I don't see them. My view goes down the center, over "full name" and "email" label to the more dense area of the "optional" stuff. Maybe additionally move the required label just after the fieldlabel.

• 4 weeks later...