Where/how did you know processwire?

purwa

I got a Skype message from Marc suggesting I check it out. We had been exchanging our evaluations of various CMS back then (this was when PW 2.1 was current, I think), so he knew what I – we both, actually – was looking for in a CMS.

• Like 1

I've looked a lot around tested like 20 different CMS (and wrote like 20 custom CMS - that's how I learned PHP) but never found the perfect. I knew I was looking for a CMS which is modular and not as bloated as WP was (and is).

Then I read a tweet from @smashingmagazine with a link to processwire back in 2011 and knew I was home after playing around with it.

There is increasing web and water cooler chatter about MODx and Processwire. I am a MODx guy and sort of stumbled onto this. I looked casually at the PW forum and suddenly noticed that Kongondo was over here. I really paid closer attention then as Kongondo was a very highly respected member of the MODx forum. Since then I cant help notice how many MODx refugees there are over here...

• Like 1

Hear me out, guys!

Based on extensive user surveys and after tremendous amounts of solo brainstorming (and other other proven methods, such as wearing all of the six thinking hats simultaneously) I've just come up with a new marketing strategy (and slogan) that will most definitely make us unbeatable:

post-175-0-61030300-1402470595_thumb.png

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

.. and on a more serious note, I've also got tremendous amounts of respect for Kongondo and his work here. Never visited MODx boards and still don't know what the heck Wayfinder is, but he's done some pretty awesome stuff here too :)

In my case it was Antti who threatened to break my legs brought ProcessWire to the company we both worked at back then. Ryan's video was my first contact with the system itself and the thing that really convinced me that Antti wasn't just delirious -- this thing actually looked great!

• Like 11

I was and still am a joomla user. After trying to fix joomla with something like Seblod and reading about Drupal complexities and performance issues on shared hosting, started to look into MODx. Actually i liked it a lot (except the thing that you have to store all your templates in DB or something like that). The intro videos to MODx and documentation were quite attractive. But i never got into it too deep...

I found a link to PW on AlternativeTo website, as it was something like the 4th opensource item in the list for the CMS tag. I watched Ryan's intro video and thought like "Could this really be the one?" I am still not "fully converted" to PW, but it is "the one" i wanna be "converted to".

So my answer is http://alternativeto.net/tag/cms/. By the way, go there and rate PW so more of my kind could find their way.

oppsss, I did a search before posting this thread and can't find simillar thread. sorry.

@teppo we need to put that on PW main page LOL.

Sorry for any typo posting from mobile.