Regular ProcessWire meetup in Berlin

owzim

Hi Berlin people,

is there some general interest? Let me know!

I see there are 3 Members who reveal their location as Berlin, but there have to be more, c'mon! =)

• Like 3

I prefer Martijn's suggestion, Frankfurt would be even better for me  :)

The trains are too expensive in Germany and I'm always scared with car sharing.

I think owzim is more likely planning something regular. So that ... I don't know maybe a PW table every month or something like this. I think berlin is a great place to start something like this. Maybe one day - after the first round tables were successful - we could extend this (or ship it for one time) to Cologne or Frankfurt. 

Maybe next time. Unfortunately yesterday I cut a muscle on top of my knee. Walking is not good now.

But if you go, I mentioned an idea I had for PW: to make a location map displaying members on this forum.

Should be convenient to plan these meetings in future. Just look on the map and see where more people are located. Or take some place in the middle.

• Like 2

I think owzim is more likely planning something regular.

Yeah and it says it in the title too ;D

So for now we are three, perhaps four. I don't think that's enough for a regular meetup for now. Perhaps we could talk a bout a format beforehand?

What kind of format?

Well I mean the kin of setup. Is it a causal get-together? Will there be talks or short stories about who's working on what currently? ... something like that.

I am not following. Some inside info I am not aware of?

I think a pub and a casual context makes a good start. but I am not sure if it all even makes sense if we're just three people ???

The location should be somewhat central, like F-Hain, P-Berg, Mitte, X-Berg or even Neukölln

• 2 years later...

I'm new to processwire, but have some decent experience in Scala, python and others. I was the typical guy making fun of php. Processwire changed that, the api design is very elegant and convinced me. I can host the event in Berlin, so we have big monitors for everyone, projectors, etc. Ping me if you are interested. We can make it a mini conference, with speakers etc. 

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

I don't care if there's only 4 of us. We can still have a meetup. I offer my company offices to host it. If we make noise at the PHP meetup, we may get more people. Diogo is working with me on a project, we can have him remote. And actually registering a meetup.com could bring more people. Any takers? Dates? Before Xmas :)

• Like 1