Can updating a module change template files?

looeee

I've just installed Kongondo's awesome new blog module (highly recommended by the way). It creates a number of new templates along with associated template files, which I promptly changed to match my site. 

This got me thinking: if I update a module which has created templates, and in the meantime I've changed those templated, is it possible for the update to overwrite my changes? 

Theoretically yes. It's possible to overwrite close to everything. But I guess that the module would check if a given field is already existing and only create a new one if not.

Tl;dr:

It's possible but rather unlikely.

In the case of Blog, if any Template File with an identical name is found, it is NOT overwritten (it will be skipped over instead). For all other items (Fields, Templates, Pages, Role) if even one identically named item is found on a site where you are trying to install Blog, then ALL these items will not be installed in order to avoid potential data loss. ProcessBlog 'Dashboard' would still be installed (although it wont be of much use; you would probably need to uninstall it :-))... See the README. This info is included there :-) (have subsequently made it clearer)...

Thanks!

Yes...the same holds true...On an update, none of your fields, templates, template files, pages or role will be overwritten. In fact, none of these will be installed whether they exist or not. An update does not re-rerun the installer. 

• Like 1