ProcessDiagnostics

netcarver

@Nico: Loading the tab works now. Installing the Module (in general) works, also the module does its work, but when installing it I get a warning (with debug->true):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ...\wire\modules\Process\ProcessModule\ProcessModule.module on line 803

This is reproducable everytime I install the DiagnosticModules.module. So, in general it works, but there is something that seems not to fit 100%

I want to add this suite to the module repository soon but I'm wondering if it would be better to split out all the diagnoses modules into their own github repos so I can transfer DiagnoseImages over to horst's github account and DiagnoseModules to Nico's account so they can develop them whenever needed?

Is there any mileage in creating something like a 'PW Community Contributions' team on github with folks like Soma, Antti, Tepo, Adrian, Nico, horst, Ryan (and others - sorry if I missed you out) as members? People could then transfer modules in there for some kind of community dev/maintenance should they wish to.

Thoughts?

Yeah, that's probably easier for now. Added you and horst as collaborators to the repo. However, I think github has limits to the number of collaborators on the free accounts so this model will probably only scale so far.

• Like 2

Netcarver, ProcessDiagnostics is beautiful–really enjoying it. I have one suggestion though, which is to either have ProcessDiagnostics install at least one of the diagnostic modules, or to have it display some error if none are installed when you go to Setup > Diagnostics. I tested on a new installation this morning (before I had my coffee) and couldn't figure out why I was getting a blank admin screen when viewing the Diagnostics page. After hunting around in the code trying to figure out why, I eventually slapped myself for forgetting to install any of the related Diagnose modules. But I'm guessing other people might run into the same thing. 

• Like 6

Thanks for this. Glad I installed it as I had permission issues and mixed collation throughout the database. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I changed them all to utf8_general_ci and I assume all is good as nothing has blown up, and the satellites are still orbiting the earth.

• Like 1

Thanks again for this!

Just a couple of quick things.

I am getting this notice:

Notice: Use of undefined constant ENT_HTML5 - assumed 'ENT_HTML5' in /Users/ajones/Sites/pwtest/site/modules/ProcessDiagnostics/ProcessDiagnostics.module on line 301

Also, I'd like to add my support to horst's suggestion of a batch table optimize button, because as it is, it just ends up being much quicker to fire up PHPMyAdmin to optimize all at once.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like that notice is only there on < PHP 5.4 - my testing server is still only running 5.3, even though my live sites are 5.4 or 5.5

• Like 1

@Ryan Just pushed a fix - thank you.

@GuruMeditation Glad nothing imploded.

@adrian I've removed ENT_HTML5 - thank you. 

After reading up on optimize I'm not sure I'd want to perform it on all my tables - especially on large InnoDB tables (InnoDB support is gradually creeping into PW.) I'll think about this a little longer before deciding if I'm going to add it but thanks for registering your up-vote.

• Like 1

Netcarver, ProcessDiagnostics is beautiful–really enjoying it. I have one suggestion though, which is to either have ProcessDiagnostics install at least one of the diagnostic modules, or to have it display some error if none are installed when you go to Setup > Diagnostics. I tested on a new installation this morning (before I had my coffee) and couldn't figure out why I was getting a blank admin screen when viewing the Diagnostics page. After hunting around in the code trying to figure out why, I eventually slapped myself for forgetting to install any of the related Diagnose modules. But I'm guessing other people might run into the same thing. 

The best thing would be, if the main ProcessDiagnostics comes together with a DiagnoseRoutine that mimics the same as the installer routine does. I think this is highly needed because of that most "installations" from dev to live do not run the installer process and its checks. Therefor this one should be bundled with the main module and should not be un/installable separately.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

+1 cstevensjr

Thanks Steve and all others involved. I wish more of my work required spending time knee-deep in PW so I could spot stuff like this superb addition sooner so I could say "Thanks ^_^" in a more timely manner, so I might help occasionally and so I could more often use the awesome stuff produced by this fab community.

tl;dr

Thanks!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hey Nico,

Just wondering about the module version check component of this - firstly I love it, but two questions:

1. How can you refresh the status on command? From a quick glance at the code, I think it is a timed cache?
  2. Why are all the core modules included? Surely they are not really relevant since they are relative to the version of PW you are running and would all have the same status? Maybe I am missing something?

Thanks again all those involved in this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just tried out your module, thanks for creating this!

i had the warning that the site and root folder where writeable and should not be, so i set them to 0550.

1) is 0550 correct for these folders?

2) why does PW by default create its site folder with 0755? is your diagnostics warning just an additional security or should one everybody set site+root not writeable?

thanks!