Module: Textile Text Formatter

ryan

@felic

If you are sure you've got a sufficient PHP version, you can edit the files and just remove the version check. It's just a single line delete from each of the .module files you uploaded to your site. Here's a link to the line that needs deleting in TextformatterTextile.module - just delete that, and the same line (might be on a different line number) in whatever formatter you are going to use.

Not sure why the test would be failing for you.

Strange, if i delete that line, everything's fine. Sort of weird. But anyway, i got the module up and running*. Thank you very much for you time and answer!

*) I'd love to see markItUp! as a module. Combines the best of both, source control and user smoothing ;-)

@felic

If you are sure you've got a sufficient PHP version, you can edit the files and just remove the version check. It's just a single line delete from each of the .module files you uploaded to your site. Here's a link to the line that needs deleting in TextformatterTextile.module - just delete that, and the same line (might be on a different line number) in whatever formatter you are going to use.

Not sure why the test would be failing for you.

I had the same issues as @felic, I'm using PHP v.5.5.9.

Commented out the "PHP Version >= 5.3" line from the .modules and they installed OK.

@felic, @WinnieB

Ah, it might be because PHP version requirements are only supported in Processwire's dev branch code at the moment. Could either of you confirm if switching over to the dev branch of PW fixes this issue for you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi joebaich,

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried it with PW 2.5 yet? 

Here's a note from Ryan (module author) dated April 2014 in the first post :-)

Please note

Don't use this in combination with other text formatters like Markdown. Don't use with TinyMCE (there would be no point). This module may be used with any version of ProcessWire: 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2+.

@joebaich

Welcome - are you visiting us from the Textpattern camp by any chance? I seem to remember a joebaich from over there, many moons ago. Regardless of the answer to that quesion though, I'm sure you'll find the PW community a nice and welcoming place.

To get back to your post now; I can't see why this wouldn't work with PW 2.5, have you noticed an issue with it?

• Like 1

Hi joebaich and welcome to PW ^_^ If as Steve suggested you were/are a Textpatterner then also welcome, a number of us in PW land used or use Textpattern also and I have a particularly soft spot for it and it's lineage. But now I only use it for maintaining legacy sites it has to be said and PW is my focus (as it's so lovely).

Sorry that was only a welcome and I've nothing clever to add to this thread to practically help you >_<

• Like 1

@joebaich

Welcome - are you visiting us from the Textpattern camp by any chance? I seem to remember a joebaich from over there, many moons ago. Regardless of the answer to that quesion though, I'm sure you'll find the PW community a nice and welcoming place.

To get back to your post now; I can't see why this wouldn't work with PW 2.5, have you noticed an issue with it?

Thanks for the welcome, Netcarver and I am one and the same as TXP chap of many moons ago.  I was having a problem getting the Textile module to work in 2.5 but turns out it was everything to do with me and not the module - plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. To my uninitiated eye the About Textile notes suggested that it wasn't compatible. I should have known better since you are the module's creator.

I knew that at some point a project would come along that demanded a PW solution and it has. It's a redesign of an Institute's TXP based site and so I was keen to assess using Textile vs CKEditor particularly as the site's handful of authors are familiar with the former. 

Alanfluff, thanks for the welcome too. I remember you from the TXP forum. Have you migrated between continents as well as CMS , or is my memory playing tricks on me.

• Like 1