Advice on hosting first processwire site

sambadave

Hi guys

I'm going to be building my first processwire site for a friend. I've found a hosting provider and I just wanted to check that the hosting package has all the requirements I need to run a process wire site. From what i can see it does but I'm not too sure with these things.

I'm a designer / front-end guy but I've never put a site live before so any feedback would be very helpful before I purchase. I would be looking at the Business package from this link

http://www.uk2.net/web-hosting/#tech-specs

Really enjoying processwire so far. Fantastic CMS!

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

• Like 1

You may use a script developed for Contao open source CMS to check the hosting environment: https://github.com/contao/check

If the script reports that you need the so called "safe mode hack" most likely your  ./site/assets/ and ./site/config.php won't be writeable.  In this case you need to set permission to 777 (not recommended) or (depending on hosting environment) switch to FastCGI via .htaccess.

That hosting should be fine to use processwire. I think that most modern hosting providers should be able to handle processwire.

If I was you I would look around a bit more before committing as looking at UK2 promotion it looks like they are enticing people in for the package at £2.49 then it will revert back up to £14.95 once contract has ended.

@pwired - my Trend Micro at work threw up this error on the website you linked to:

Rating:  Dangerous  Verified fraudulent page or threat source.

I've removed the link in your post because this scanner is usually right!

I uploaded that check from totoff to a free server just to see how it would work.

It is supposed to check a hosting environment.

Pete, did you check the contents of the folder check, or something else ?

The alert I got refers to the domain where it was uploaded, so the free server service might be the issue? Can you PM me the URL to their service and I can confirm.

• Like 1