praxiskreuzer.de/

totoff

Hi forum,

got a new one up and running: http://www.praxiskreuzer.de. This is a relaunch, the new side replaces a very outdated one. The client is a very renowned GP in Bonn, Germany with practices on two locations in the city.

Lucky I am, she invested in a professional shooting which made it easier to create a bright and nice look & feel. Technically there is nothing particular here as you can see, except that the site features my fabulous Unsemantic site profile ;-) 

The site runs on PW 2.4.

Please let me know what you think.

• Like 10

That's definitely a clean and modern webdesign. A set of photos from a professional photoshooting can really boost every webdesign.

I wish I could convince more of my clients to invest in one.

There's one small thing I would criticize. It's the small space (or contrast) between the main content and the right address column.

On some pages with a lot of text it kind of disturbs my reading flow (as my eyes are wandering to the similar looking text in the right column).

I'm not a professional webdesigner, so that's an absolute personal opinion.  :undecided:

All in all the photos, minimal design elements and the content work great together.

• Like 1

Hi wayne,

It's the small space (or contrast) between the main content and the right address column.

Definitely, a bit more whitespace to separate the right column would have been an improvement. That's one of the drawbacks if you work with grid frameworks. Unsemantic features a fixed gutter width of 20 px - not wide enough in this case. I must admit, that I didn't find the budget big enough to customize my grid system for this project ... Hmm, but no excuse, next time I'll do better. It's the detail that matters.

looks clean and nice!

Take a look at mobile view (tested with Nexus 5 and in Firefox on desktop): there's something broken? The second fax number is not in new line.

post-1027-0-89399300-1398420774_thumb.jp

also the fax number is clickable in smartphone. Think, only the phone number should be clickable?

Maybe it's better doing it with a link

<a href="tel:+492282426533">0228.242 6533</a>

a[href^="tel"] {
  ..what ever needed
}