pers0n

Best way to deal with multi-language images?

I'm building a multi-language site and wanted to know the best way to deal with images. Because on a multi-language site, they may want a different image for a different language, especially if the image has text in it.

What is the best way to deal with this? Should I make another image field for spanish and if they don't put anything there, just use the english image and if there is a spanish image, then use that image for spanish?

That's really amazing !!! I'm using PW for such a long time but this is the first time I've heard about this feature... Really Cool, thx for the hint, even after years :-) !

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snobjorn
      Here's my Norwegian language pack for ProcessWire. I've been adding translations over some time, to suit my own projects users needs.
      Last updated:
      2019/06/19 (June 19, 2019)
      Not yet complete. Translations that non-superusers will see is prioritized.
      Name:
      ProcessWire-Norwegian-Language-Pack-nb-NO
      Translated using:
      ProcessWire 3.0.133 dev
      Number of files:
      189 wire files and 95 site files – ranging from just started to completely translated. The site files includes translation some free and some pro modules, see the complete list in the README.md at GitHub.
      Available at GitHub:
      https://github.com/snobjorn/processwire-norwegian-language-pack-nb-no
    • By happywire
      [solution]
      =========================================================
      Using devilbox to develop locally.
      Installing the Beginner, Intermediate and Blank sites from the setup menu works perfect.
      The sites load, all pages load, can access the admin panel, all fine.

However when installing the Multi-language site, the one I can pick during the setup procedure, things do not work.
      The English Home page works.
      The English About page,
      https://wiremultilang.loc/en/about/ tells me
      Same for the English Sitemap,
      https://wiremultilang.loc/en/site-map/ .
      I have allowed all cookies and can see them when checking in the browser cookies and site data, using Firefox 65.0.1 64-bit on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.
      Clicking "German" on the Home page,
      https://wiremultilang.loc/de/ , shows me the German version of the 404 page.
      Clicking "Finish" on the Home page,
      https://wiremultilang.loc/fi/ , shows me the Finish version of the 404 page.
      What could be the issue here?
      Thank you for your guidance or any help you could supply.
    • By sins7ven
      Hi community, I am wondering if its possible to display languages based on what host/domain has been requested.
      The use case is the following: I have one installation of PW - and within this installation I set up 5 different languages (default, english, spanish, french, dutch). Now I have 3 different domains (domainA.com, domainB.com, domainC.com) and I want to decide which languages to make available based on what domain has been navigated to. 
      For example:
      domainA.com
       - default (domainA.com)
       - english (domainA.com/en)
      domainB.com
        - default (domainB.com)
        - french (domainB.com/fr)
        - dutch (domainB.com/nl)
      domainC.com
        - default (domainC.com)
        - dutch (domainC.com/nl)
      So what I want to achieve is making only these particular languages selectable in the language switcher on the frontend. Since all pages share the same templates and overall site structure I don't see the benefits of running this installation as a multisite setup or would it be better to do so? But I assume that this would be difficult to handle since the default language might change as well. (On the french version of the page, french should be the default language and so on). Any suggestions how to accomplish that? Thanks!
    • By louisstephens
      Hopefully this is the right place, if not, please move it to the proper sub. I installed the multi language module on my development (sandbox) set up not too long ago to test out a few things. From the start, I ran into some issues with dependencies not being met/installed, so I thought that I would simply just uninstall what had been. Unfortunately, that took me down a road of using some code in my home template to remove the modules (cant find it at the moment). After some struggling, I finally got it uninstalled, but it left behind 3 fields,
      language language_files language_files_site I thought that I could simply remove them from the languages template and then delete them, but I get the following error:

I was wondering, is there a way to remove these using the api? I couldn't add any new users to the setup until I made "language" not required, but I was hoping to just remove all of the fields.
    • By bartelsmedia
      "Deepl" is an unbelievably good (paid) text translation service, that mops the floor with Google Translate.
      They have an API and it would be awesome, if there would be a module, that would integrate it for easy content translation.
      It could be a right-click context menu on the language tab:

It should ask from which of available other language it shall take translate from.
      What do you think?