What does it mean "destinationPath is empty or does not exist (upload_file)"?

Nico Knoll

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I am having the same issue getting the "destinationPath is empty or does not exist" message, but only on certain directories within the site structure. Can someone advise on how I could create the directory manually or where should I start to look for an explanation? 

Thanks

**Update

It is a server issue, apparently I have to many folders in the assets files. Is there a way to prevent a folder from being created unless an image or file is uploaded?

Edited by RJay

Thanks for the module, its a great solution. In my case though it will not work because of the following clause "Pages with file/image fields require a directory, so you should expect that some of the removed directories will be re-created by these".  I am using the image field and due to the amount of pages I have,  I am getting an excessive amount of asset file folders created that are not necessarily needed at this particular time. 

Maybe Ryan or someone can offer a solution to my problem.

Did you try the module? As long as you don't save the pages with you image field again the deleted folder won't get recreated.  This module should still be useful if not all of your pages actually use the image field.

Of course if you edit and save these pages often, the file folders will be created again, but you you could run the module once a day or week using the LazyCron module to get rid of all recreated unused folders. 

Just interested, but how many pages do you have?

Yes, I am using the module as I type. If the folder only gets created when the page is created or saved again, then that is promising and the lazyCron will work perfectly. Most of all my pages uses the image field. Thanks for that idea and the module recommendations. It's great to have such creative people that are willing to assist and also the ones creating great modules.

Currently I have 51063 pages using the image field. 

• 1 month later...

I got this error too. Turns out I had put /assets/files/ in my .gitignore and cloned it on a new machine, I suppose in an attempt to de-clutter all my testing uploads and what not. It wasn't working because the /files/ directory wasn't there. I just created the folder "files" manually and the error went away.  :)

• Like 1