meta keywords comma´s and spaces ?

pwired

Hi,

I read a lot of different and contradicting posts on the net about what is best

to use between keywords: just a comma or a comma with a space. Some mention

that keywords should be separated just with a comma without a space. Others

mention that you can combine keywords with spaces between them. Should headers

be used for search engines as well ? What do you think ?

No, Yahoo and Bing stopped using them years ago.

The description tag is the main meta used, with the title tag. The recommendation is that the description should be less than 160 characters and should read well. The title less than 60 characters.

But the most important place for SEO is within the content of your page itself. 

I found this book a reasonable read:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Get-Top-Google-including-ebook/dp/B0076XVNM8/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397561096&sr=1-4&keywords=search+engine+optimization

Though you can get most of that info from just searching. Nice to have it in one place though. He avoids SEO tricks that might get undermined by the next Google update. 

• Like 1

Ditto Joss, my understanding is META KEYWORDS is, since it is so utterly abusable, dead and unimportant and unused by anyone while TITLE is highly important and META DESCRIPTION is valuable. But totally defer to Roope re AdWords using them.

Ok should we leave meta keywords blank ?

So that leaves us with:

title

meta description

back linking from and to other similar websites

and a blog right ?

Many ppl say that setting up a website separately as a blog and write a lot on that blog

about a website that you want to rank up in google.

what about "Google Places" ?

About a blog. Suppose the website you want to rank up in google is domain.com

would it be a good idea for a blog to use blog.domain.com ??

Or put the blog on a separate website with a different domainname ??

I think you need to do some serious reading - this forum is too limited for your questions.

There is no simple answer - for instance, the quality of the writing has a huge impact. You can fill your front page text full of key words which will help in your search engine placement, but if the writing is not good, people wont actually stick around to read the rest of your website. Thousands of visits is no good if you have 100% bounce rate.

And as for blogs and so on - that is a huge subject!

• Like 2

Its not a bad start as a good overview, though look for other opinions too. He talks quite a lot about localisation and google places too, which seems to be very important if a company gets a lot of its work locally.

• Like 1

+1 JeffS for schema.org, I certainly switched to this microformat after umming and aaahhing after reading this book http://goo.gl/RYLQTx [Amazon excerpt] . I also changed the way I use HTML 5. But add an HTML 5 debate to an SEO debate and you have your entire life used up right there ;)