adrian

Batch Child Editor

Thanks Adrian, great module!

I'm trying to use it to export users page into csv, but the module doesn't show in "Users" parent page.

Is there a way to make it work?

Glad you like it!

Are you talking about from Access > Users, or Home > Admin > Access > Users ?

The former uses Lister, so I assume you are talking about the latter. If you have ListerPro you can use the export to CSV action from the former. If you don't, then go into the BCE module code and comment out this line:

// don't even consider system templates
if($this->editedPage->template->flags & Template::flagSystem) return;

On the master branch it is line#159 and on dev it is 166.

Let me know if that works for you.

I wouldn't recommend leaving this commented though - I haven't though through it too much, but the Replace mode could cause some major damage pretty quickly :)

Do you need this to be available regularly, or is it a one off need? If you need it regularly I could add any exception for the user page - let me know and we'll work something out.

I have bunch of Pages that have

I'm

in their title. BCE doesn't show them correctly, only the "I' is visible under the "TITLE" column. I can add titles correctly and they gets saved (fortunately). I guess it's a bug.

post-3156-0-88262100-1446551581_thumb.pn

Update:

On second save (when title field shows "I" only) the wrong value gets saved.

Thanks @adrian

yes i was talking about Home > Admin > Access > Users

Unfortunately i've commented that line, and i can see the Batch Child Editor block in Children Tab, but when i click on export csv nothing happen

And yes i need this to be available regularly to export users.

Thanks for helping.

I have bunch of Pages that have

I'm

in their title. BCE doesn't show them correctly, only the "I' is visible under the "TITLE" column. I can add titles correctly and they gets saved (fortunately). I guess it's a bug.

attachicon.gifbce-i-am-bug.png

Update:

On second save (when title field shows "I" only) the wrong value gets saved.

Thanks for reporting @tpr - I have fixed this on the master branch. I have some uncommitted changes to the dev branch at the moment, so the fix won't be on that branch just yet.

• Like 1

Thanks! Just tried and it works fine.

BCE and Migrator saved my *ss today when I needed to migrate 100+ pages, so thanks for these :)

• Like 1

@tpr - glad it works and that Migrator helped to save your *ss too :)

Thanks @adrian

yes i was talking about Home > Admin > Access > Users

Unfortunately i've commented that line, and i can see the Batch Child Editor block in Children Tab, but when i click on export csv nothing happen

And yes i need this to be available regularly to export users.

Thanks for helping.

Firstly, I do have a working solution for you, but first a little background :)

It is weird that nothing is getting exported - it is definitely exporting a valid CSV file for me. The only problem I am seeing is that I can't control the fields that are exported - it is defaulting to: Set Password, Email Address, Roles

The problem is that if you allow the Home > Admin > Access > Users to be separately configurable you should be able to specify the required fields, but the settings don't save, because that page is locked for editing by PW so we are out of luck with that.

BUT, here is my working solution, which I think is cleaner than making users navigate to that deep page anyway:

• Grab the latest master version (there is one critical change to make this work).
  • Create a new page somewhere in the main page tree (not inside the Admin tree) - maybe called "User CSV Export".
  • Make this new page separately configurable in the BCE "Where editing tools are available and separately configurable" settings section.
  • Go to the Settings tab of this new page and configure it to enable Export mode.
  • In the Content / Deletion / Protection section, set the Parent Page to: Home > Admin > Access > Users
  • In the CSV Export Settings, set up the fields to export. You will likely want Name, Email Address, and any custom fields you may have set up.
  • Save settings and then go to where you have BCE displayed (maybe an Inline Fieldset would be a good idea in this case) and click Export.

Works great here, so please test and let me know.

• Like 2

Thanks @adrian .

I'm trying the solution you described. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the "Fields to export" select is not showing the user template fields.

I made some screenshot of the setting tab and of the "field to export" select.

The editor is giving me some problem attaching them so here are the links to the screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16oqik2ann07y40/settings_tab.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0h2gvgty27k3uw/Schermata%202015-11-04%20alle%2009.57.46.png?dl=0

Ah - sorry - at the moment you will need to check the "User override CSV settings" and then choose the fields to export when going to actually export - does that make sense.

post-985-0-52802100-1446629232_thumb.png

I'll see what I can do about getting the correct fields to also appear in the config settings based on the selected alternate parent page.

It seems I have no luck here. I check "Users override CSV settings", then save, but when the page load again "Users override CSV settings" is still unchecked

Ok, I just committed a new version (master branch again) that will grab the fields from the selected alternate page (you need to save the page after selecting an alternate parent page to refresh the field list), so you should now be able to set those in  the config settings and not rely on doing it at export. Does this work for you like this?

post-985-0-87894700-1446630925_thumb.png

As for why your override checkbox is not saving, I am completely baffled - do you have debug mode on? Any errors? It looks like all the other settings on that page are saving - correct?

Not sure what's about that, but I tried this module and now I get on every page save I see message "Session: Change: status". Took me a while to realize it's BatchChildEditor.

• Like 1

Not sure what's about that, but I tried this module and now I get on every page save I see message "Session: Change: status". Took me a while to realize it's BatchChildEditor.

Thanks for spotting Soma - it seems to come from this code:

// temporarily put the parent in an unpublished status so that we can check it from
            // the proper context: when page-publish permission exists, a page not not editable
            // if a user doesn't have page-publish permission to it, even though it may still
            // be editable if it was unpublished.
            $parent->addStatus(Page::statusUnpublished);
            $parentEditable = $parent->editable();
            $parent->removeStatus(Page::statusUnpublished);

This is part of a method called getAllowedTemplatesAdd that determines whether the user is allowed to add a template to this parent. It is a modified version of this method: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/blob/cffb682836517065d7dd7acf187545a4a80f1769/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageAdd/ProcessPageAdd.module#L191

I am not sure how to avoid this check. Do you think it is a major concern? I guess it's not ideal that there is a recorded change to a page when saved, even though there are effectively no changes.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Why is this needed to change Status and back I don't get it? I don't think it's nice if it's tracked. What if I track changes to my pages? So maybe a trackChange(false) is needed?

Just tried a 

$parent->setTrackChanges(false);
$parent->addStatus(Page::statusUnpublished);
$parentEditable = $parent->editable();
$parent->removeStatus(Page::statusUnpublished);
$parent->setTrackChanges(true);
and it wouldn't track it. I think it's something we want to hide from the track change system. What if I'm listening to page changes in my module? :)

Edit1: I noticed recently that there's really a lot of such changes going on in PW. Only opening a page editor does change the created_users_id for example. Huh? 

Edit2: well I guess it's because I'm tracking every change to page object, so I guess there's maybe some way around it (using page type, template etc, and fields). But still I think such back and forth changing to archive something, those should be hidden from track changing. What you think?
  • Like 1

I think that setting TrackChanges to false seems like a great idea - I will happily implement that in BCE - do you want to suggest it to Ryan for the core version of that method?

I noticed recently that there's really a lot of such changes going on in PW. Only opening a page editor does change the created_user_id for example. Huh? 

Just to clarify - this is PW core changes you are talking about and not something caused by BCE - correct?

I would suggest it to Ryan see what he thinks.

Sorry, no this is core and not BCE.

• Like 1

I would suggest it to Ryan see what he thinks.

Sorry, no this is core and not BCE.

Great - just committed a new version of BCE (master branch) with those changes - thanks for figuring this out!

• Like 1

Ehrm I'm not sure it's really correct code. :) Just trying to get my head around it. $page->setTrackChanges(false) isn't correct but it may have an effect to clear out changes? Sorry for the confusion.

Lol I'm so stupid, looking at the wrong method in Wire.php, no it's ok I guess. :) Sorry again.

Lol I'm so stupid, looking at the wrong method in Wire.php, no it's ok I guess. :) Sorry again.

No problem - it looks like that approach of setting to false, doing something, and then setting to true is used in several places in the PW core. Interestingly, the cheatsheet mentions setting to false, but doesn't show true as an option - maybe just meant to be assumed - weird it doesn't show:

$a->setTrackChanges(true|false)

That would be consistent with others.

I was about to change it on cheatsheet. But now it's because it's only a set and default is ON. Hence there's two entries in cheatsheet and not (true|false).

So a 

$parent->setTrackChanges(false);

$parent->setTrackChanges();

would be sufficient.

• Like 1

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have committed some changes over the last couple of days that brings complete live updating of child page details (name, template, hidden status, unpublished status, and removal of a row if deleted) in the edit mode table after making edits to a specific page in a modal popup.

It might not seem like much, but it makes this mode much more functional and intuitive.

Please let me know if you notice any problems.

• Like 4

Are admin pages disabled by default? I have a few pages under the Admin branch (form submissions) and BCE doesn't seem to be present there. Is there a way to allow it there?

(using devns 3.0.5)

Are admin pages disabled by default? I have a few pages under the Admin branch (form submissions) and BCE doesn't seem to be present there. Is there a way to allow it there?

(using devns 3.0.5)

Yes they are disabled by default, but I just added a new option under Content / Deletion / Protection to enable BCE editing of the Admin page branch.

Obviously this has the potential to completely break a PW install so use carefully at your own risk :)

Hi Adrian!

When I mark children page for delete and then Save the page, I get errors (see attachment). The page itself (http://localhost/processwire/page/edit/?id=1) returns " The process returned no content." Could it be my fault (playing around...)? No problem with editing and adding pages.

Thanks for the report and sorry about that - looks like I introduced a bug in my commits from yesterday. Should be fixed now in the latest version. Please let me know if you still have any problems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By David Karich
      ProcessWire InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      Thanks to the great ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" I have the possibility to create complex repeater items. With it I have created a quite powerful page builder. Many different content modules, with many more possible design options. The RepeaterMatrix module supports the cloning of items, but only within the same page. Now I often have the case that very design-intensive pages and items are created. If you want to use a content module on a different page (e.g. in the same design), you have to rebuild each item manually every time.
      This module extends the commercial ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" by the function to duplicate repeater items from one page to another page. The condition is that the target field is the same matrix field from which the item is duplicated. This module is currently understood as proof of concept. There are a few limitations that need to be considered. The intention of the module is that this functionality is integrated into the core of RepeaterMatrix and does not require an extra module.
      Check out the screencast
      What the module can do
      Duplicate multible repeater items from one page to another No matter how complex the item is Full support for file and image fields Multilingual support Support of Min and Max settings Live synchronization of clipboard between multiple browser tabs. Copy an item and simply switch the browser tab to the target page and you will immediately see the past button Support of multiple RepeaterMatrix fields on one page Configurable which roles and fields are excluded Configurable dialogs for copy and paste Duplicated items are automatically pasted to the end of the target field and set to hidden status so that changes are not directly published Automatic clipboard update when other items are picked Automatically removes old clipboard data if it is not pasted within 6 hours Delete clipboard itself by clicking the selected item again Benefit: unbelievably fast workflow and content replication What the module can't do
      Before an item can be duplicated in its current version, the source page must be saved. This means that if you make changes to an item and copy this, the old saved state will be duplicated Dynamic loading is currently not possible. Means no AJAX. When pasting, the target page is saved completely No support for nested repeater items. Currently only first level items can be duplicated. Means a repeater field in a repeater field cannot be duplicated. Workaround: simply duplicate the parent item Dynamic reloading and adding of repeater items cannot be registered. Several interfaces and events from the core are missing. The initialization occurs only once after the page load event Changelog
      Feature: Copy multiple items at once! The fundament for copying multiple items was created by @Autofahrn - THX! Feature: Optionally you can disable the copy and/or paste dialog Bug fix: A fix suggestion when additional and normal repeater fields are present was contributed by @joshua - THX! 1.0.4
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in live synchronization Bug fix: Items are no longer inserted when the normal save button is clicked. Only when the past button is explicitly clicked Feature: Support of multiple repeater fields in one page Feature: Support of repeater Min/Max settings Feature: Configurable roles and fields Enhancement: Improved clipboard management Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos #1 1.0.3
      Feature: Live synchronization Enhancement: Load the module only in the backend Enhancement: Documentation improvement 1.0.2
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in JS functions Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos 1.0.1
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in the duplication process 1.0.0
      Initial release Support this module
      If this module is useful for you, I am very thankful for your small donation: Donate 5,- Euro (via PayPal – or an amount of your choice. Thank you!)
      Download this module (Version 2.0.0)
      > Github: https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      > PW module directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-repeater-matrix-duplicate/
      > Old stable version (1.0.4): https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate/releases/tag/1.0.4
    • By Robin S
      A new module that hasn't had a lot of testing yet. Please do your own testing before deploying on any production website.
      Custom Paths
      Allows any page to have a custom path/URL.
      Note: Custom Paths is incompatible with the core LanguageSupportPageNames module. I have no experience working with LanguageSupportPageNames or multi-language sites in general so I'm not in a position to work out if a fix is possible. If anyone with multi-language experience can contribute a fix it would be much appreciated!
      Screenshot

Usage
      The module creates a field named custom_path on install. Add the custom_path field to the template of any page you want to set a custom path for. Whatever path is entered into this field determines the path and URL of the page ($page->path and $page->url). Page numbers and URL segments are supported if these are enabled for the template, and previous custom paths are managed by PagePathHistory if that module is installed.
      The custom_path field appears on the Settings tab in Page Edit by default but there is an option in the module configuration to disable this if you want to position the field among the other template fields.
      If the custom_path field is populated for a page it should be a path that is relative to the site root and that starts with a forward slash. The module prevents the same custom path being set for more than one page.
      The custom_path value takes precedence over any ProcessWire path. You can even override the Home page by setting a custom path of "/" for a page.
      It is highly recommended to set access controls on the custom_path field so that only privileged roles can edit it: superuser-only is recommended.
      It is up to the user to set and maintain suitable custom paths for any pages where the module is in use. Make sure your custom paths are compatible with ProcessWire's $config and .htaccess settings, and if you are basing the custom path on the names of parent pages you will probably want to have a strategy for updating custom paths if parent pages are renamed or moved.
      Example hooks to Pages::saveReady
      You might want to use a Pages::saveReady hook to automatically set the custom path for some pages. Below are a couple of examples.
      1. In this example the start of the custom path is fixed but the end of the path will update dynamically according to the name of the page:
      $pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'my_template') { $page->custom_path = "/some-custom/path-segments/$page->name/"; } }); 2. The Custom Paths module adds a new Page::realPath method/property that can be used to get the "real" ProcessWire path to a page that might have a custom path set. In this example the custom path for news items is derived from the real ProcessWire path but a parent named "news-items" is removed:
      $pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'news_item') { $page->custom_path = str_replace('/news-items/', '/', $page->realPath); } }); Caveats
      The custom paths will be used automatically for links created in CKEditor fields, but if you have the "link abstraction" option enabled for CKEditor fields (Details > Markup/HTML (Content Type) > HTML Options) then you will see notices from MarkupQA warning you that it is unable to resolve the links.
      Installation
      Install the Custom Paths module.
      Uninstallation
      The custom_path field is not automatically deleted when the module is uninstalled. You can delete it manually if the field is no longer needed.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/CustomPaths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/custom-paths/
    • By teppo
      Hey folks!
      I'm happy to finally introduce a project I've been working on for quite a while now: it's called Wireframe, and it is an output framework for ProcessWire.
      Note that I'm posting this in the module development area, maily because this project is still in rather early stage. I've built a couple of sites with it myself, and parts of the codebase have been powering some pretty big and complex sites for many years now, but this should still be considered a soft launch 🙂
      --
      Long story short, Wireframe is a module that provides the "backbone" for building sites (and apps) with ProcessWire using an MVC (or perhaps MVVM... one of those three or four letter acronyms anyway) inspired methodology. You could say that it's an output strategy, but I prefer the term "output framework", since in my mind the word "strategy" means something less tangible. A way of doing things, rather than a tool that actually does things.
      Wireframe (the module) provides a basic implementation for some familiar MVC concepts, such as Controllers and a View layer – the latter of which consists of layouts, partials, and template-specific views. There's no "model" layer, since in this context ProcessWire is the model. As a module Wireframe is actually quite simple – not even nearly the biggest one I've built – but there's still quite a bit of stuff to "get", so I've put together a demo & documentation site for it at https://wireframe-framework.com/.
      In addition to the core module, I'm also working on a couple of site profiles based on it. My current idea is actually to keep the module very light-weight, and implement most of the "opinionated" stuff in site profiles and/or companion modules. For an example MarkupMenu (which I released a while ago) was developed as one of those "companion modules" when I needed a menu module to use on the site profiles.
      Currently there are two public site profiles based on Wireframe:
      site-wireframe-docs is the demo&docs site mentioned above, just with placeholder content replaced with placeholder content. It's not a particularly complex site, but I believe it's still a pretty nice way to dig into the Wireframe module. site-wireframe-boilerplate is a boilerplate (or starter) site profile based on the docs site. This is still very much a work in progress, but essentially I'm trying to build a flexible yet full-featured starter profile you can just grab and start building upon. There will be a proper build process for resources, it will include most of the basic features one tends to need from site to site, etc. --
      Requirements and getting started:
      Wireframe can be installed just like any ProcessWire module. Just clone or download it to your site/modules/ directory and install. It doesn't, though, do a whole lot of stuff on itself – please check out the documentation site for a step-by-step guide on setting up the directory structure, adding the "bootstrap file", etc. You may find it easier to install one of the site profiles mentioned above, but note that this process involves the use of Composer. In the case of the site profiles you can install ProcessWire as usual and download or clone the site profile directory into your setup, but after that you should run "composer install" to get all the dependencies – including the Wireframe module – in place. Hard requirements for Wireframe are ProcessWire 3.0.112 and PHP 7.1+. The codebase is authored with current PHP versions in mind, and while running it on 7.0 may be possible, anything below that definitely won't work. A feature I added just today to the Wireframe module is that in case ProcessWire has write access to your site/templates/ directory, you can use the module settings screen to create the expected directories automatically. Currently that's all, and the module won't – for an example – create Controllers or layouts for you, so you should check out the site profiles for examples on these. (I'm probably going to include some additional helper features in the near future.)
      --
      This project is loosely based on an earlier project called pw-mvc, i.e. the main concepts (such as Controllers and the View layer) are very similar. That being said, Wireframe is a major upgrade in terms of both functionality and architecture: namespaces and autoloader support are now baked in, the codebase requires PHP 7, Controllers are classes extending \Wireframe\Controller (instead of regular "flat" PHP files), implementation based on a module instead of a collection of drop-in files, etc.
      While Wireframe is indeed still in a relatively early stage (0.3.0 was launched today, in case version numbers matter) for the most part I'm happy with the way it works, and likely won't change it too drastically anytime soon – so feel free to give it a try, and if you do, please let me know how it went. I will continue building upon this project, and I am also constantly working on various side projects, such as the site profiles and a few unannounced helper modules.
      I should probably add that while Wireframe is not hard to use, it is more geared towards those interested in "software development" type methodology. With future updates to the module, the site profiles, and the docs I hope to lower the learning curve, but certain level of "developer focus" will remain. Although of course the optimal outcome would be if I could use this project to lure more folks towards that end of the spectrum... 🙂
      --
      Please let me know what you think – and thanks in advance!
    • By tcnet
      PageViewStatistic for ProcessWire is a module to log page visits of the CMS. The records including some basic information like IP-address, browser, operating system, requested page and originate page. Please note that this module doesn't claim to be the best or most accurate.
      Advantages
      One of the biggest advantage is that this module doesn't require any external service like Google Analytics or similar. You don't have to modify your templates either. There is also no JavaScript or image required.
      Disadvantages
      There is only one disadvantage. This module doesn't record visits if the browser loads the page from its browser cache. To prevent the browser from loading the page from its cache, add the following meta tags to the header of your page:
      <meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate" /> <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" /> <meta http-equiv="Expires" content="0" /> How to use
      The records can be accessed via the Setup-menu of the CMS backend. The first dropdown control changes the view mode. There are 4 different view modes.
      View mode "Day" shows all visits of the selected day individually with IP-address, browser, operating system, requested page and originate page. Click the update button to see new added records. View mode "Month" shows the total of all visitors per day from the first to the last day of the selected month. View mode "Year" shows the total of all visitors per month from the first to the last month of the selected year. View mode "Total" shows the total of all visitors per year for all recorded years. Please note that multiple visits from the same IP address within the selected period are counted as a single visitor.
      Settings
      You can access the module settings by clicking the Configuration button at the bottom of the records page. The settings page is also available in the menu: Modules->Configure->ProcessPageViewStat.
      IP2Location
      This module uses the IP2Location database from: http://www.ip2location.com. This database is required to obtain the country from the IP address. IP2Location updates this database at the begin of every month. The settings of ProcessPageViewStat offers the ability to automatically download the database monthly. Please note, that automatically download will not work if your webspace doesn't allow allow_url_fopen.
      Dragscroll
      This module uses DragScroll. A JavaScript available from: http://github.com/asvd/dragscroll. Dragscroll adds the ability in view mode "Day" to drag the records horizontally with the mouse pointer.
      parseUserAgentStringClass
      This module uses the PHP class parseUserAgentStringClass available from: http://www.toms-world.org/blog/parseuseragentstring/. This class is required to filter out the browser type and operating system from the server request.
      Special Feature
      PageViewStatistic for ProcessWire can record the time a visitor viewed the page. This feature is deactivated by default. To activate open the module configuration page and activate "Record view time". If activated you will find a new column "S." in the records which means the time of view in seconds. With every page request, a Javascript code is inserted directly after the <body> tag. Every time the visitor switches to another tab or closes the tab, this script reports the number of seconds the tab was visible. The initial page request is recorded only as a hyphen (-).

• By MoritzLost
      This module allows you to integrate hCaptcha bot / spam protection into ProcessWire forms. hCaptcha is a great alternative to Google ReCaptcha, especially if you are in the EU and need to comply with privacy regulations.

The development of this module is sponsored by schwarzdesign.
      The module is built as an Inputfield, allowing you to integrate it into any ProcessWire form you want. It's primarily intended for frontend forms and can be added to Form Builder forms for automatic spam protection. There's a step-by-step guide for adding the hCaptcha widget to Form Builder forms in the README, as well as instructions for API usage.
      Features
      Inputfield that displays an hCaptcha widget in ProcessWire forms. The inputfield verifies the hCaptcha response upon submission, and adds a field error if it is invalid. All hCaptcha configuration options for the widget (theme, display size etc) can be changed through the inputfield configuration, as well as programmatically. hCaptcha script options can be changed through a hook. Error messages can be translated through ProcessWire's site translations. hCaptcha secret keys and site-keys can be set for each individual inputfield or globally in your config.php. Error codes and failures are logged to help you find configuration errors. Please check the README for setup instructions.
      Links
      Github Repository and documentation InputfieldHCaptcha in the module directory Screenshots (configuration)

Screenshots (hCaptcha widget)