Batch Child Editor

adrian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I am running in a problem when I try to import a date into a dateTime field type (the fields remain blank after the import, if I import the same data in a standard text field the import result is ok).

Is the DateTime field type supported in the CSV import function of BCE ?
Thanks & stay safe

Just now, antpre said:

@adrian the date in the csv is dd/mm/yyyy and the datetime field is input format is set to the same.

But thanks for the pointer. I will dig a bit on fromat tomorrow.

Regards

I tried both timestamp and YYYY-MM-DD and they worked fine, so I expect that will be the issue.

On 12/13/2019 at 6:55 AM, pullasuti said:

Hello. Not the greatest first post, but here we go ?

I'm having a small issue exporting to CSV. Every export begins with an error relating to pagesToInclude:

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index: pagesToInclude in <b>...\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\BatchChildEditor\ProcessChildrenCsvExport.module.php</b> on line <b>112</b><br />

This happens regardless of whether I set a rule for the pages to be included or not. Otherwise the export works, but need manual removal of the first two lines.

Any good ideas?

I've just tried exporting some pages and I'm getting the same error as above in the exported csv file. Then when I try and reimport the csv it's only importing the first line of the csv file.

I've tried uninstalling/resinstalling the module but to no effect.

@houseofdeadleg - can you send me the module settings data - this module (http://modules.processwire.com/modules/module-settings-import-export/) makes it really easy. Otherwise, if you have Tracy installed, open up the BCE module settings page and then open the Adminer panel and copy the json from the data field.

Can you also post (here or PM) the CSV that you are trying to import that only imports the first line.

@adrian settings info is below. I've just noticed, after reading through a few other recent posts, that I don't seem to have the field pairing options – something that would be really useful.

{"BatchChildEditor":{"version":"1.8.20","settings":{"enabledTemplates":[],"enabledPages":[],"configurablePages":[],"editModes":["edit","add","update","replace","export"],"defaultMode":"edit","overwriteNames":"","allowOverrideOverwriteNames":"","disableContentProtection":"","allowTemplateChanges":"","allowAdminPages":"","trashOrDelete":"trash","listerDefaultSort":"sort","listerColumns":["title","path","modified","modified_users_id"],"defaultFilter":"","listerConfigurable":null,"csvOptions":["upload"],"csvOptionsCollapsed":[],"csvImportFieldSeparator":",","csvImportFieldEnclosure":"\"","ignoreFirstRow":"","importMultipleValuesSeparator":"|","newImageFirst":"","allowOverrideCsvImportSettings":"","csvExportFieldSeparator":",","csvExportFieldEnclosure":"\"","csvExportExtension":"csv","columnsFirstRow":1,"exportMultipleValuesSeparator":"|","formatExport":"","allowOverrideCsvExportSettings":"","position":"newTab","insertAfterField":false,"removeChildrenTab":1,"loadOpen":null,"openMethod":"normal","tabName":"Batch Child Editor","editModeTitle":"Edit Child Pages","editModeDescription":"You can edit the page titles, sort, delete, add new, or edit pages in a modal popup.","editModeNotes":"","listerModeTitle":"List Child Pages","listerModeDescription":"View child pages in a Lister interface.","listerModeNotes":"","addModeTitle":"Add Child Pages","addModeDescription":"Editing this field will add all the child page titles listed here to the existing set of child pages.","addModeNotes":"Each row is a separate page.\n\nYou can also use CSV formatted lines for populating all text/numeric fields on the page, eg:\n\"Bolivia, Plurinational State of\",BO,\"BOLIVIA, PLURINATIONAL STATE OF\",BOL,68","updateModeTitle":"Update Child Pages","updateModeDescription":"Editing this field will update the field values of the pages represented here.","updateModeNotes":"WARNING: If you use this option, the content of all fields in existing pages will be replaced.\n\nEach row is a separate page.\n\nYou can also use CSV formatted lines for populating all text/numeric fields on the page, eg:\n\"Bolivia, Plurinational State of\",BO,\"BOLIVIA, PLURINATIONAL STATE OF\",BOL,68","replaceModeTitle":"Replace Child Pages","replaceModeDescription":"Editing this field will replace all the child page titles represented here.","replaceModeNotes":"WARNING: If you use this option, all the existing child \\ProcessWire\\pages(and grandchildren) will be deleted and new ones created.\n\nEach row is a separate page.\n\nYou can also use CSV formatted lines for populating all text/numeric fields on the page, eg:\n\"Bolivia, Plurinational State of\",BO,\"BOLIVIA, PLURINATIONAL STATE OF\",BOL,68","exportModeTitle":"Export Child Pages","exportModeDescription":"Creates a CSV file with one row for each child page.","exportModeNotes":"","uninstall":"","submit_save_module":"Submit"}}}

I can't share the csv file I'm afraid.

Thanks @houseofdeadleg for those settings.

1) Testing here I am not seeing any problems, but I have committed a new version that should fix that notice that is showing up in your CSV export.

2) The field pairing options are available if you define Configurable Pages under the "Where editing tools are available and separately configurable" section. You then define the field pairing on the settings tab of the page whose children you are exporting.

3) You don't need to share sensitive data - please just create a minimum test case CSV file that shows the problem with only the first line importing. Also, are you on Windows, Linux, or MacOS? I am thinking it might be a lined ending issue. Also, what PHP version are you running?

• 1 month later...

Dear Adrian,

Does the export function of BCE supports multi language text fields ? I saw you mentioning in this threat that it would be a good addition. But not sure whether you implemented it or not.

Thanks again for the great module.

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

@adrian is there a way to let the CSV export to show absolute path to any files/images? I noticed that the exported data only shows the filename itself without any context.

Thx
Rudy

Hi Rudy - it's fixed in the latest version.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi @mel47 - I don't really see how BCE relates to that "allow new pages to be created from field" setting - BCE doesn't create pages from a field - it creates them from its own interface. Can you please explain how you are using BCE - maybe I am missing something?

@adrian Forget that, I messed up. I was thinking pages shouldn't be created by API if this option was checked. I created a hook to solve my problem. But maybe you can help me. Which hook I should used? I tried different versions but the most working one is addHookAfter('saveReady'), but I need to re-save each page. I would like the hook worked either if I created a page via BCE or create/save from admin.

My hook is to check if the page exist in the pageRef field, if so copy in an other pageRef field, if not do nothing.

Thanks

Hi @mel47 - I am not really sure what requires you to re-save each page. Is this to fix an existing problem or is this an issue going forward as well?

That saveReady hook should be fine, but you might also try Pages::added

I'd need to know some more details to really help more than that.

• 1 month later...

hello,

i am trying to upload a csv with images.

all the fields beeing uploaded as expected but the images. they are not showing up.

the csv and images ar locally and the paths to the images pointing straight to the folder.

file:///Users/xxuser/Desktop/201124_Website/binary/MEE_M_3802_00.002.jpg

is there a problem uploading images from local? or are there any permission issues i am missing?

thanks a million,
stefan

48 minutes ago, adrian said:

Hi @sww,

I just checked with an image at a local path and it worked fine, but I think the issue might be the "file://" at the beginning. Does it work if you remove that?

Doesn't work either.  /Users/…  was the first way I tried.
If I do it on my localhost it works just fine.

Ok, I think I understand your scenario now - you are trying to batch add pages on a remote server but the images are in a local path on your computer? If that's correct, then this won't work - you'll need to move the images to the server and adjust the paths but that should be a pretty simple search / replace in your text editor. 

For example, search for /Users/xxuser/Desktop/201124_Website/binary/ and replace with something like /var/www/site/assets/tempimages/ (or wherever you decide to FTP them to).

7 minutes ago, adrian said:

Ok, I think I understand your scenario now - you are trying to batch add pages on a remote server but the images are in a local path on your computer? If that's correct, then this won't work - you'll need to move the images to the server and adjust the paths but that should be a pretty simple search / replace in your text editor. 

For example, search for /Users/xxuser/Desktop/201124_Website/binary/ and replace with something like /var/www/site/assets/tempimages/ (or wherever you decide to FTP them to).

Yes, that was my scenario. Okay, good to know then. One last thing. Is there way the images will just be moved from the temp folder to the final destination if they are on the same host/space … instead of duplicated?