Batch Child Editor

adrian

12 minutes ago, tpr said:

Of course, I waited for this all day :) I may try to implement the full-width bcePageName layout tomorrow too if you don't mind.

Of course, happy to have your help. My only concern is that if it takes a click to display/hide ML info, then it might not actually be much quicker than clicking the modal edit button, especially if you end up needing to edit anyway after you view the info. I trust your judgement though and you are still a bigger ML user than I am.

Hi everyone - @tpr has done a great job on changing the way the ML info tooltip is displayed - it's now part of a hidden row. Here is his screencap of it in action!

bce-pageinfo.thumb.thumb.gif.86bcfc186a0d2ddab1d0d3acfc1d9e81.gif

This and all the other recent ML changes are now committed to Github. Please test carefully and let me know if you find any problems, and don't forget the AOS language switcher for changing between languages!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Greeting. I installed both ListerPro and BatchChildEditor. When I use listermode, the config tab is missing with Allow Lister Configuration enabled. I would like to set column for each editor using this function, but I can only use the default columns inside module configuration right now. Any chance to solve this?

On 4/9/2017 at 4:20 PM, Karl_T said:

Greeting. I installed both ListerPro and BatchChildEditor. When I use listermode, the config tab is missing with Allow Lister Configuration enabled. I would like to set column for each editor using this function, but I can only use the default columns inside module configuration right now. Any chance to solve this?

Sorry for the delay - I don't have time to test right now, so excuse me if there really is an issue, but are you looking at the Settings tab of the parent page, or the main BCE module config settings. I think what you are looking for is only available on the parent page settings.

Let me know and I'll try to take a better look tomorrow.

2 hours ago, adrian said:

Sorry for the delay - I don't have time to test right now, so excuse me if there really is an issue, but are you looking at the Settings tab of the parent page, or the main BCE module config settings. I think what you are looking for is only available on the parent page settings.

Let me know and I'll try to take a better look tomorrow.

p1.thumb.png.bb5720216b2a3e37d7d840cca9551906.png

Hi adrian, I am looking for the config tab that should be appearing at the red rectangle in the above image. Without that I cannot fix the column shown. I tried to use the column tab to set the column, but it only works until a page reload. It just shows the default column set inside BCE module config after page reload while not all the pages need the same fields to show or edit. I wonder if this is possible or this is intended as I can see the config tab for 0.5 second then it disappeared. Thanks.

@Karl_T - BCE doesn't use a named Lister because it works with the core Lister, not just ListerPro. That's part of why the Config tab isn't there, but I added the Default Columns to the BCE config settings (both default, and also per parent page), so you should define them there. Does that take care of your needs?

58ee89847ac74_ScreenShot2017-04-13at6_09_10AM.thumb.png.447d59e96d5d11deb44f5f923c3e4c4f.png

• Like 1

Thanks @adrian giving me the hint of the possibility of configuring the parent page. I found I missed the "Where editing tools are available and separately configurable" > "Configurable pages" inside module configuration and then it may be configurable in the page setting tab after adding parent page.

• Like 1

Hello Adrian,

it would be a good addition if it is possible to delete all children at once (fe. toggle a checkbox or a "delete all" button) without deleting the parent page. Especially if there is a great amount of child pages. So you dont have to toggle the delete button of each child.

Best regards

4 minutes ago, Juergen said:

Hello Adrian,

it would be a good addition if it is possible to delete all children at once (fe. toggle a checkbox or a "delete all" button) without deleting the parent page. Especially if there is a great amount of child pages. So you dont have to toggle the delete button of each child.

Best regards

Already there - thanks to @tpr 

58f7329e7879b_ScreenShot2017-04-19at7_48_44PM.png.f99248d28695680b86179879ef1437d7.png

Is that not showing for you?

Another option is "Replace" mode - just CMD/CTRL + A, delete, and save.

• Like 1

No its not there in my case. I have downloaded your module today so it is the current version.

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.caf7038f40ef3a5553949585fc02e29c.jpg

Another problem is that the "replace" mode shows the default children list too (under the batch child list).

Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.d206ccc5d60e4b297dab37c81a5703a1.jpg

I use the latest dev version of PW.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Juergen said:

Another problem is that the "replace" mode shows the default children list too (under the batch child list).

Sorry, not sure what you mean here - can you post a screenshot of that?

I have uploaded a picture of this behaviour in the previous post.

The batch child editor will be shown in addition to the default children list (tree) of PW under the children tab. At the top there is the batch child table and below is the PW child table. I have choosen the "replace" mode which should replace the default PW list with the batch child list.

No there are no errors in the Tracy bar.

• Like 1

I can't see issues here. Perhaps you could find the corresponding JS code in BCE and see where it fails. You could also check if the markup is there so it's not only a CSS issue (with devtools).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Juergen said:

I have uploaded a picture of this behaviour in the previous post.

The batch child editor will be shown in addition to the default children list (tree) of PW under the children tab. At the top there is the batch child table and below is the PW child table. I have choosen the "replace" mode which should replace the default PW list with the batch child list.

No there are no errors in the Tracy bar.

Ah, right we are talking about different things regarding the "Replace mode". I am talking about Mode Settings > Modes which results in something like this.

58f741a429a70_ScreenShot2017-04-19at8_51_50PM.thumb.png.7cc9ba1696c64f74af7d4d9fb9a3c466.png

The fact that the default children list is still showing when you have the Position set to Replace is weird. I wonder if this is somewhere connected to the issue with the missing toggle all checkboxes.

Regarding the console errors, I mean your browser dev console and not Tracy. I am wondering if there is a JS issue.

I cannot find any errors in the browser console too.  I also cannot find any markup for the "delete all" icon. The corresponding table header cell looks like this:

<th style="width: 76px;">Delete</th>

As you can see there is no additional markup.

Still no idea, try to load BatchChildEditor.js and check "addBceColumnControls" function at line 213. I guess you've tried disabling AOS to ensure it's not interfering.

• Like 1

I'll let @tpr continue helping regarding the toggle checkboxes, but back to the issue of the default children list showing - I think it's due to this line: https://github.com/adrianbj/BatchChildEditor/blob/3e725f433382e87e2aec29fce52acde1e37cb829/BatchChildEditor.module#L366

I am testing via the label equaling "'Children / Subpages'", but probably because your admin is not in English it's failing. Trouble is right now I can't see another way to target this as the field object has no other useful data other than the label. Is there any chance you could confirm that this is problem by seeing if it works if you switch the admin to English?

I can switch between "English" and "German" admin but there is no difference in my case.

No there is no conflict between AOS and this module. The function seems ok. I have all my custom admin scripts disabled too. Maybe there is another module which could be responsible for this behaviour. Anyway! If I get more time I will try to find out if there are interferring problems with other modules.

59 minutes ago, Juergen said:

Ah I see, I have custom labels for my children tab. In may case its called "Events". So it doesnt fetch "Children or Subpages".

That's the key :)

I have just pushed a new version which fixes the Position > Replace setting when there is a custom Children Tab label defined for the template (including multi-language labels). Could you please confirm that it fixes things at your end?

I still don't know about the toggle all checkboxes - would really appreciate if you could do some debugging on this when you get a minute.

• Like 2