Batch Child Editor

adrian

Hi @adrian

Thank you for the module.

Just faced a little problem. Option "Remove children tab" does not respect settings from "Where editing tools are available and separately configurable" section. 
It looks like not very  expected behavior? It took me sometime to figure out where is my children tab escaped))
Ideally it would be if we have separate restriction setting for this option.

@adrian I'm sorry if i wasn't clear enough.

Here are some screenshots of my config 

Screenshot_10.jpg

So as you can see I enabled BCE for one template and one page ( actually it's the same page).

Screenshot_11.jpg

Here I set to hide children tab and place BCE in new tab. I expected that it would affect only page from previous screenshot, but children tab was removed from all templates

@Zeka - can you confirm that the settings in the second screenshot are from the Settings tab of the page you selected under "Configurable pages" and not just on the main settings page for BCE?

You should be editing the page specific settings like below. As much as AOS's tooltip feature is nice for cleaning up field entry, it has likely prevented you from seeing the notes about this when you selected the Configurable pages.

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 5.13.14 AM.png

On 2016-11-02 at 9:08 PM, adrian said:

Sorry I forgot about this part of your message. 

I have just added support for this, along with the ability to import page fields with multiple values (by title). Note that you can adjust the separator for multiple pages (eg authors in your example, although I think you may not make use of the multiple option).

Please let me know how this goes for you - it hasn't been well tested and there is quite a bit going to support all this.

OMG! :o It's just so wonderful! It works perfectly.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mel47 said:

A quick question. Before I try all ways around, is it possible to import file/image using BCE?

Currently no, but would be fairly easy to add. The catch of course is that the CSV you are importing would need the full path / url to each image. Also, if you wanted description and tags, then it would have to make use of the field pairings setup so you could define the subfields, like image.description and image.tags

Would this work for you, or were you looking for something else?

@adrian : To me, only image will be sufficient. Anyway description would probably page's title, so it's not so necessary.

@bernhard : I have no doubt... But unfortunately, as I spend 1hour just to find the good selector or the good loop, I can't imagine how I can write a script, mostly for a one-time import. Not sure it worth, adding images manually will probably take less time...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mel47 said:

@adrian : To me, only image will be sufficient. Anyway description would probably page's title, so it's not so necessary.

Ok, the new version supports adding files and images. It works in both standard and field pairings modes. I haven't added support for descriptions/tags yet - will wait to see if anyone has the need.

It should work for local server paths to files/images, as well as remote urls.

Please test and let me know if you have any problems. 

• Like 3

OMG, again... :)

I will be soon without words to express my gratitude! It works fine. I just get a really big red error, but it was my fault, a malformed path. After correction, all images imported correctly.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

First of all: Thank you for providing this awesome module! It seems to be a whole toolbox - the horn of plenty for page editors, so to say!

Just installed BCE 1.4.4 on PW 2.8.35 on a test site. All looked great and shiny, but then I ran into a problem:

I prepared a page with local BCE settings for updating it's 4000+ children. I have defined field pairings just with title and another text field to keep things simple in the beginning. A single line of CSV like Helium,He serves as the input. Thouugh, when I hit Save to start the update I am constantly getting:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/.../public_html/site/modules/BatchChildEditor/BatchChildEditor.module on line 1321

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::isChanged() in /home/.../public_html/site/modules/BatchChildEditor/BatchChildEditor.module on line 1322

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Hi @HerTha - thanks for the report. I am having trouble reproducing here at the moment. Any chance you could give me access to the site to test? If not, could you help me figure out why $np is not being set properly. Line 1311 is where that should be happening. Not sure your level of debugging skills, but any chance you could take a look and find out what $np is being set to there. And if nothing, check the $value of $x for me.

This shouldn't be hard to fix, but until I can reproduce it might be tricky.

Perhaps it also might help if you post your csv import settings. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Feel uncomfortable to ask something else, I already did so many times... But does it will be possible to mix actions "lister" and "edit"? I need to hidden some pages, but it will be so much easier if I could filter them and then selected all to hide.

Thanks again so much...

1 minute ago, mel47 said:

Feel uncomfortable to ask something else, I already did so many times... But does it will be possible to mix actions "lister" and "edit"? I need to hidden some pages, but it will be so much easier if I could filter them and then selected all to hide.

Thanks again so much...

Your easiest option might be to install @tpr's AdminOnSteroids module. It adds a filter box to the top of the edit view in BCE. Take a look at his screencast here:

Another option, would be to use the "Page Manipulator" action in my new Admin Actions module that will let you use the selector field type that is used in Lister to filter pages and then delete all matches:

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 5.17.10 PM.png

Would that work for you?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titanium said:

Hi folks, short question: is it possible to rename/translate the mode names (see screenshot)? I used the german translation from Manfred62, but wasn't able to find these strings...  #-)

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-06 um 13.27.59.png

The version I just committed makes those (and lots of other config settings option) translatable.

OT - this version also includes lots of new options for adding/updating/overwriting images when importing a CSV file.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, adrian said:

The version I just committed makes those (and lots of other config settings option) translatable.

Great Adrian, thanks for the great and responsive support, it's much appreciated :-)

Tested it out... maybe it's just me... The setting dialogs of the module edit screen are translated now (see screenshot below) - great! But I think the translation is not reflected yet on the normal content pages where the module does it's magic - there it still shows up like in my screeshot above.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-07 um 21.20.29.png

• Like 1

Ah yes - try the latest version - those should also now be translatable. 

Sorry, in a rush, but hopefully that will work. Perhaps I can improve things in the future - I honestly haven't played around with module translations at all :)

• Like 2

Again me... I have a problem I couldn't understand. I created my CSV file with " " in each column :

"Article in Metabolic Brain Disease-Bosoi-2009";;"Accepted article";"Publication";2008-12-29 18:12:48;;"<p>Latest paper was published in Metab Brain Disease</p>";"<p>Latest paper was published online December 23<sup>rd</sup>.</p>";;;"Bosoi et al.-2009-MetabBrainDis"

The last field is Page. Everything imports fine (no error), but last field is imported as

Bosoi et al.-2009-MetabBrainDis"

Why it keeps this extra " ?

Thanks

Melanie

Hi @mel47 - are you running the latest version of BCE? I did tweak some thing recently on this front - I believe it has to do with no EOL character, but I am now adding that so I think this shouldn't happen anymore. 

If you are running the latest version and still having problems I'll try to look into it shortly. Are you pasting the CSV, or importing from a file? Does it makes a difference using one way or the other?