HTML5 Boilerplate for ProcessWire

Roope

Hello everyone! While there was couple of tryouts at the moment, I think PW was lacking decent HTML5 Boilerplate integration so here's a attempt to fix that.

I took default install dump and stripped it down to bare minimum so it only includes data for Home and 404 pages + Title and Body fields. https://github.com/BlowbackDesign/PW-H5BP/blob/master/site-default/install/install.sql

Default templates folder is modified so that head.inc and foot.inc contain basic HTML5-structure from H5BP and new 404.php is added for 404 page so that it matches H5BPs 404.html page (new redesigned version). Indents are switched from spaces to tabs and all elements are self closed - mostly out of personal preference. https://github.com/BlowbackDesign/PW-H5BP/tree/master/site-default/templates

PW-H5BP is based on current master branch so it's little ahead of v4.3.0. Idea is to keep PW-H5BP up to date with releases of HTML5 Boilerplate.

• Like 6

Would you like to export it as a site profile for ease of installation? All you have to do is install the Profile Exporter module to create a profile from your setup and then people can install ProcessWire using this profile.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply Pete!

Site Profile Exporter makes a sql-dump from the site setup so what's wrong with the current? You still need to replace original install.sql file before install and replace possible needed modules/templates etc. manually so installation is all the same.

OK, I was looking other site profiles from modules directory and noticed that those are structured without site-default folder so I did same for PW-H5BP.

I remember there was some talk just while ago about having different profiles by default at PW installation. Just can't find the thread.. Or maybe it was at GitHub. Anyways, wouldn't it be possible to offer simple drop down at first page of installer for profiles found at modules directory to choose from? Installer would then automatically replace needed files before proceeding.

EDIT: Added profile to modules directory

Edited by Roope
  • Like 1

I remember there was some talk just while ago about having different profiles by default at PW installation. Just can't find the thread.. Or maybe it was at GitHub. Anyways, wouldn't it be possible to offer simple drop down at first page of installer for profiles found at modules directory to choose from? Installer would then automatically replace needed files before proceeding.

Good idea! Would be nice to have this option in the installation process.

Example

option 1: install the PW default profile (simple site, recommended for learning)

option 2: install PW blank profile (start from scratch, for experienced devs)

option 3: install PW H5BP (start with a actual H5BP template, read more ...)

• Like 1