Page Edit in another module

Pete

Aah...I was hoping it wasn't that....hooks are not my thing! (yet)...not sure how to add it...

As for preferences, say, I have a module called 'accounts'. I don't want the user to feel like they are leaving this module's environment when adding an account (behind the scenes this is a page, of course). I want to provide a seamless experience to the user. I have about three choices to provide this sort of experience. One, include a form with inputfields matching the 'account' page's template and via post, use these to create the new 'account' page. Two, I can have a 'add a new page' open in a modal. Three, I can have the PageAdd module's form  'embedded' within my module to provide the seamless experience :-).

Ta!

• 4 weeks later...

Quick shot of the news page (filled with test data).  ;)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-04-11 at 9.25.05 AM.png

Advanced filters are hidden by default.

It's just amazing how modules in processwire fit into the original admin interface. If I think back to the days I used Wordpress and everything had it's own css and looks. I definitely need to learn how all this module development works. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I have a custom admin page & process setup, i want to display an edit page from the page tree.
The template contains a PageTable to manage child entries.

How would i render this as a stand alone page within my custom process?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 6:44 AM, Mackski said:

I have a custom admin page & process setup, i want to display an edit page from the page tree.
The template contains a PageTable to manage child entries.

How would i render this as a stand alone page within my custom process?

Hi, have you solved it yet? I'm asking this because if not, can you please clarify what you are after? I'm not following you...