wtrainer

Install error - Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045]

Hello there,

I am trying to install PW 2.4 on linux webserver

I can see the welcome message "Welcome. This tool will guide you through the installation process"

When i click "Get started" i am taken to "/install.php" with the following error:-

Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'madabout'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (in /home/madabout/public_html/subdomain/wire/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 143)

This error message was shown because /install.php still exists. Error has been logged.

I have looked in ProcessWire.php and it seems to me that incorrect mySQL config options have been passed in.

But the install hasn't asked me for any mySQL options, and i don't know where to provide them.

Could someone please help me with this error?

Many thanks,

West

You might need to grab a fresh copy, as it sounds like you might have a partially installed copy where some settings are already present. What does the URL in your address bar show when the error occurs? You mentioned "/install.php" but what about the hostname and path?

@wtrainer

What permissions does MySQL user "madabout" have? Make sure they can create and insert into tables. Also, is your web server on the same box as the MySQL server? If not, you probably need to widen madabout's login permissions to allow them to login from a different host.

"madabout" isn't the user to create/edit/update the database.

PW has not asked me for any mySQL details (username, password, IP, port, etc)

Shouldn't PW ask for my credentials before trying to setup a database?

Cheers,

West

Check your root/site/config.php for credentials. If they are there, you don't have a clean install. 

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for you help...

I'm downloading process wire from the PW download page using the link - Download ProcessWire 2.4 ZIP file

I'm not sure how the install can be anything but clean.

I have the following config.php files:-

~/wire/config.php

~/site_default/config.php 

None of them contain a reference to any database

Could you please specify the exact file and location to check?

PW seems to be using the main account on the server to try and access/create the database. But obviously this would require a password, which i have not been asked to enter.

Is there supposed to be a wizard where i enter my credentials when first accessing PW?

Is it possible that you have an .htaccess file at the root of http://wire.madaboutbrighton.net/ that is not the one that comes with PW? I see that http://wire.madaboutbrighton.net/ looks just fine, but if you add anything to that url you get the error you mentioned, so I am wondering if it is loading some other content somehow via a rewrite rule or something.

It is the default PW htaccess file. 

I simply renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess

This really has me stumped!!

Maybe some rewrite rules or other weird apache directives in the apache conf file?

I really don't know - sorry!

@wtrainer

I'm just looking at the path reported in your error message; "(in /home/madabout/public_html/subdomain/wire/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 143)." I suspect that the ".../wire/wire/core/..." should only be ".../wire/core/..." which makes me wonder if the zip extraction was to the right place. I don't know but it's the only lead I can give you at the moment.

Personally I install PW using "git clone" directly from the repos and that saves me having to worry about extracting to the right place.

Anyway, hope you get to the bottom of this.

• Like 1

The url of the site is: http://wire.madaboutbrighton.net/ (which works as expected BTW, until you proceed to the next step) so I think the two wires is correct, but maybe the wire subdomain is causing a conflict somehow?

• Like 2

yes, wire is the subdomain folder, so wire/wire is correct.

Thanks for your input though. 

I think i am going to scrap this for now, it's just too annoying.

Thanks again,

West

But then no matter what you enter it does show the same error

http://wire.madaboutbrighton.net/klajsdlas

http://wire.madaboutbrighton.net/hello.php

Currently the installer shows at 

http://wire.madaboutbrighton.net/

which normally would be at

http://wire.madaboutbrighton.net/install.php

There's no way I see why PW is causing this issue. It could be an already installed PW or an .htaccess somewhere. The database credentials are stored in /site/config.php after you entered them and when PW was able to connect to DB. 

It doesn't matter what folder or sufolder PW is put. It doesn't try to connect to a db at that point as you haven't yet come to enter it. So something's wrong on the server and how you have set things up.

If htaccess is already enabled, it is somehow already trying to route to the index.php, that's maybe why it would somehow already tries to load ProcessWire.php core. But there's no way PW already knows you're database.

When I try to reproduce something alike, I can only get domain.com/randomstr to show a PW error but no sight of DB or ProcessWire.php. I can even delete the index.php and /core/ProcessWire.php and install PW fine to the very end.

I read this over a few times and it seems to me that @wtrainer has not created the mySQL user and credentials prior to installing ProcessWire.

Edited by cstevensjr
  • Like 1

@soma

Thanks for your comment 

If htaccess is already enabled, it is somehow already trying to route to the index.php

It made me realise what i had done. I had manually copied htaccess.txt to .htaccess before running the installer.

I've tried lots of CMS's over the past few weeks, and setting up the .htaccess before doing anything else seems to be the norm.

Very silly of me. Everything is working fine now. Thanks for all your help and sorry for wasting all your time!!!!!

• Like 3