isLoggedIn() not working

MECU

I'm incorporating PW into a Laravel site layout. For the Login/Logout links, I have:

<?php if ( !wire('user')->isGuest() && wire('user')->id && wire("user")->isLoggedin() ) 
 {
    echo '<li><a href="/pages/control/">Admin</li>
          <li><a href="/pages/control/login/logout/">Logout</li>';
 }
 else
    echo '<li><a href="/pages/control/login/">Login</li>';
?>

I started with just wire('user')->isLoggedin(), and that didn't seem to work, so searching around the forums added in the other items.

Basically, whether I'm logged in or not, I always see a Login link.

If I dd/datadump (a Laravel function) the wire('user') I get what looks like the PW user class. So I've included the PW index.php correctly into my Laravel bootstrap/start.php. 

As an aside, $wire->user->isLoggedIn() doesn't work. It's probably some conflict with Laravel. Switching to use wire('user')->isLoggedIn() let me work, though it gives the wrong result.

EDIT 1:

It works fine on the pages that are pure PW, just not any that are Laravel driven.

Edited by MECU

It seems I've included ProcessWire correctly, as I can access the API, but the fact that I'm logged is does not register correctly. According to the Include & Bootstrap page, all I need to do is include this in Laravel and I'm done:

require($app['path.base'].'/public/pages/index.php'); 

It seems I need to actually process whether a user is logged in?

Does the fact that I have it installed in a /pages subdirectory matter? I deleted all cookies and tried again and it didn't matter. The cookies don't have a directory 

Turns out it was a collision between Laravel and PW sessions. Once I removed the Laravel Session provider and alias in /laravel/app/config/app.php it worked great.

I also removed the Auth provider and alias. Not sure if that is also needed to be removed with Session. I didn't test enough to determine that. If the above alone doesn't work, then also remove the Auth and it should work.

Here's everything I commented out to get it to work:

//'Illuminate\Auth\AuthServiceProvider',
//'Illuminate\Session\CommandsServiceProvider',

//'Auth'            => 'Illuminate\Support\Facades\Auth',
//'Session'         => 'Illuminate\Support\Facades\Session',

There's also this:
'Illuminate\Session\SessionServiceProvider',
But commenting that out caused Laraval to crash in wanting session help.