html entities in mail subject

Manaus

Hello,

I have a page whose title contains a ' (single quote)

Now when I get it and send it as mail subject, I get ' which is quite uninpressive... I tried to convert it using html_entity_decode() but it's not working.

How can I deal with it?

Thanks!!

I am not sure why you are ending up with the numerical character reference in there. Does it appear that way in the HTML of the mail subject field, or not until it is actually sent? Are you using one of the new custom email modules, or the built-in one?

Can you try to figure out exactly when it is being converted? When you view the source, are you seeing ' or just '

There are functions out there to decode NCRs, but it is overkill for your needs and also I think it would be better to figure out why/where it's happening in the first place.

If you can't manage to figure out the cause and you're in a rush, you could just do a str_replace in your email script to put it back to a single quote.

• 3 years later...

If anyone else gets stuck, you can just do this and get the unencoded field value (assuming it's encoded with HTML Entity Encoder like above):

ecbho $page->getUnformatted('field_name');

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

If anyone else gets stuck, you can just do this and get the unencoded field value (assuming it's encoded with HTML Entity Encoder like above):

ecbho $page->getUnformatted('field_name');

Yeah, although an echo would probably work better :P

• Like 2

ecbho sounds like I'm down with the kids though I think - I'm sure it's one of those made-up words they use nowadays *shakes walking stick whilst muttering about the good old days* :D

• Like 2