New ProcessWire Store

ryan

We are now hosting our own store here at processwire.com (previously it was hosted through the DesignIntelligence bookstore). You'll see it as the STORE button on the upper left corner (next to FORUMS and MEMBERS). By hosting it here, we are able to provide better service to you. 

• If you purchase a product through the store, your access in the forums is upgraded automatically at purchase time. Previously people had to request access or I had to track people down and tell them to create a forum account, etc. So the new system is much more automated.
  • Now you can pay by credit card or by PayPal. Previously we could only accept credit card.
  • Now you can purchase upgrades from one version to another. For instance, if you purchased ProCache Single and wanted to later upgrade to ProCache Developer, it lets you do so by paying only the difference in cost. This only works if you have done all the purchases through the new store. (If you did it through the old store and want to upgrade, then just PM me and I'll setup a special coupon code for you that subtracts the cost you already paid). 
  • The new store brings more revenue back to development of the ProcessWire project since our merchant fees are now a lot lower (2.5% rather than 10%).
  • We will be adding more products to the store in the coming months, including more modules and enhanced ProcessWire support options for those that want it themselves or for their clients. 

A change to the FormBuilder and ProCache policies. Previously the developer or agency versions specified that you could install as many copies as you wanted, but only for 1-year (at which time you would renew if you wanted to install more). That time limit has been removed. When you purchase the developer or agency version of either product, you have no time limits. Incidentally, I've never enforced any time limits on either product, but just wanted to state it officially since I've recently been asked about it. The product pages also state this now. The only 1-year limitation that remains in effect is for support and upgrades. The new store lets you renew that automatically or manually, if you want to. The yearly support renewal cost is roughly 1/4 the product cost. For example, $10 for Form Builder Single.

Coupon code (today through Saturday)

To celebrate the opening of the new store and to make sure we put it through it's paces (not to mention, test the coupon code function) I've setup a coupon code that lasts from today to Saturday (April 1). The code will give you 10% off any Form Builder or ProCache version. The code is NEWSTORE. Please let us know if you see anything that we can improve in the purchase or checkout process. 

For those interested, the new store runs on IP.Nexus, which is a commercial add-on component to IP.Board (the forum software we use). The merchant gateway is provided by Stripe. A huge thanks to Pete (the forum administrator here) for recommending all this and helping to get everything setup. 

• Like 28

Hey Ryan, great News. I want to buy Pro Cache and would like pay with Paypal, but Paypal says a Error: "Unfortunately, the last action could not be completed."

Edit: With firefox everything goes fine. With chrome paypal says the error.

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting this Niklas, I will look into it right away. A question about what you saw. The way the PayPal payment works is that it sends you over to PayPal's site, you pay there, then it redirects you back to the store (it uses PayPal IPN). Did you see the PayPal error at PayPal's site or at processwire.com?

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting this Niklas, I will look into it right away. A question about what you saw. The way the PayPal payment works is that it sends you over to PayPal's site, you pay there, then it redirects you back to the store (it uses PayPal IPN). Did you see the PayPal error at PayPal's site or at processwire.com?

I saw the Error on the Paypal-Site.

Thanks Niklas. It sounds like I might need to contact PayPal about the issue then. Before I get in touch with them, I want to be able to duplicate the issue, so just had a two more small questions. 

• We're you already logged into PayPal before going to the ProcessWire store?
  • When it sent you to PayPal did you see the error immediately, or only after completing PayPal login or doing some other action?

I would love to buy one of those beards WillyC is wearing!

Hi Antti, my wife crochets those - no joke. If you are serious about them, pm me your ear to ear measurements as measured from the top tip of one ear, then just under your nose and over to the top tip of the other side. I'll pass them on to my better half and get a qoute for you. I'll also see what can be done to mix in the new logo.
  • Like 4