Module: Page Edit Soft Lock

Soma

• 7 months later...

I have installed Page Edit Soft Lock as well as the Email Obfuscator Module. I find both very useful. :)

There is a small isssue though in using both of them:

When I log in as another user (at the same time as joe), the javascript popup message sometimes says the page is being edited by

"joe (<span style="unicode-bidi:bidi-override; direction: rtl;" class="email-obfuscator-unreverse">ten.lmtf@liameoj</span>)"

I believe it didn´t happen all the time, currently it does, haven´t investigated further yet... It only happens when the user has an E-Mail address registered, well, that´s clear to see why... => But it does not happen all the time, now the e-mail address shows correctly again, but I have not changed anything. It might be hard to find, it certainly doesn´t appear to be a major thing.

(I will post this in the Email Obfuscator Module forum as well.)

Edited by Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the report Joe. However it's not something I can reproduce. I can see how this would happen, but it shouldn't.

if($page->template == 'admin') return;

This is to prevent obfuscator to run in the admin at all, so it's not really possible that it happens to obfuscate emails in the admin. So hard to say why it happened on your side.

But if it turns out to be a problem, we may look further.

• Like 2

Thank you, Soma!

It does not happen consistently here either. As a matter of fact I haven´t seen it in a while. Odd. It is no real problem for me right now. If I see it happening again I will try to investigate a bit more.

• 8 months later...

Hey Soma - this is definitely one of my standard modules for any new site, but was wondering if you'd consider one small enhancement that allows superusers to still see all the fields when using the hard lock option. Perhaps by disabling all form elements and removing the submit buttons? The one thing to consider is making sure that the superuser's access to the page doesn't prevent the normal user from continuing their editing of the page.

As it is at the moment it is hard to help someone with an editing question when you can't see what they are editing :)

• Like 2

I have another idea for an enhancement for you - the ability to specify a user that does not raise the alert for other users trying to edit. That way you could have the edit page open while helping a user debug an issue on their end, without needing to close at your end and have them wait till it is available again. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, bernhard said:

hi guys,

has anybody tried this module on a PW3 installation? are there better solutions out in the meantime?

thank you for your help :)

It works just fine on 3.x

As far as I know, it's still the only option.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, adrian said:

It works just fine on 3.x

Thanks for the info @adrian!

More thumbs-ups for valieand's request please: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-requests/issues/23

@ryan says: "Please note that we generally avoid adding features that aren't going to be used by at least 30% of the ProcessWire audience."

Let's reach that 30% or even more! :) 

On 20/01/2017 at 6:56 AM, adrian said:

If you just want a notification that a page is currently being edited by another user (like the default behaviour of Page Edit Soft Lock) then the optional core System Notifications module also has that feature.

2017-01-21_094850.png

But if you want a "hard lock" option then I think Page Edit Soft Lock is the only option currently.

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...