Membership subscription payments / general PW support

NikNak

Hi there

I am a graphic designer in London - I generally deal in print but also build small websites. I have built one PW site so far after a shift from CMSMS and think this is the system I want to stick with. 

I have been asked to quote on a website for a small organisation with 600 members, who each pay an annual subscription for their membership. Members get to see the membership directory and more content etc.  

The customer has said they would like to be able to take online payments for renewals from their members. I might just be able to work out a paypal solution from what I have seen on the forums but I'm not really confident with this side of things. 

I'm interested to see if there are any PW experts out there who could help with this online payment requirement - and offer advice on a simple solution, as well as implement it.  Another requirement may be implementing Mandrill for automated email communications with members.

In general, I am looking for a skilled freelancer or freelancers who I can call on for PW support when things get beyond my skill set, and potentially for full site builds.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Many thanks

Nik

@NikNak, i think all of the things you are mentioning are definitely doable in PW;

For subscriptions, you might want to take a look at Foxycart, it's an ecommerce system by has quite advanced subscription features, in addition to being a full-fledged cart solution; i've integrated into 2 PW sites so far and working on a 3rd.

i think also the mandrill thing would be easy as far as sending out email from processwire (using the new wireMail for smtp) but as far as sending out automated emails like announcements, newsletters, you might need to consider a solution like Sendy it's like having your own mail delivery service and uses Amazon SES

• Like 2

GoCardless is for Direct Debits, and you don't get the money as quick as other solutions (minimum 7 days I think for the first payment whilst the DD is being set up) but it is good for certain things, especially as credit/debit cards expire but DD's are based on your bank account details - and how often do people change bank? Less often than their cards expire :)

Stripe is really good - better fees than PayPal and better interface. You can pretty much implement their Checkout example and you're up and running in no time (relatively speaking): https://stripe.com/docs/checkout

• Like 2

Stripe does look like a good option at first glance.  

I'm not holding out too much hope of finding a PW freelancer at the moment but at least I am feeling a tiny bit more confident of being able to sort it myself now.

Many thanks for the suggestions

Thanks very much Pete. I think from the responses here I am encouraged enough to tell them that I can handle this functionality, and that I can find help if needed. 

And well done for being so busy!

Kind regards

Nik

For many years already I have been a very happy user of amember from www.amember.com dripfeeding content possible, etc. etc. solid and well supported. This is one area where I just want a commercial product to deal with all the payment intricacies and security & compliance stuff.

They take care of all the payment provider stuff as well, have a large variety of payment providers and it has been my experience that the more payment options you offer on site, the more you sell overall.

You will probably just have to add some snippets of php to protected pages, but the guys from amembet will be able to tell/help you do that, great support!

my2cents!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm appraising aMember at the moment Ollie but am hitting a brick wall with regards to getting PW content into aMember templates. As soon as you try to bootstrap PW from within aMember (as explained here http://processwire.com/api/include/) you get an Internal Server Error. The PW bootstrap part of it works, just not from within aMember. I can't fathom out where the conflict is.

If you came accross this and resolved it, I'd love to hear how.

Kind regards

Nik

EDIT: I have started a new post regarding this:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6039-bootstrapping-pw-within-amember/

• 2 years later...

@rick - I removed the links as advertising because your email address led me to a Youtube video about a product and it seemed a bit like advertising rather than relevant to the 2 year old request Nik originally made.

If you do have some code and want to write an integration tutorial as suggested by adrian that's fine - please go ahead - but outright advertising is prohibited by the community guidelines: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8234-community-rules-guidelines/

• Like 2