New Logo

AlexFromG

It sort of reminds me of the RAF insignia...

If I end up whistling The Dam Busters March everytime I see the PW logo, I am blaming you ....

Cabbage crates at four o'clock, whatho???

• Like 1

Interesting - I was wondering about that choice of logo size and position - I thought Ryan was being artistic! I just did a hard reload and it is now in the right spot and right size, and those buttons are missing :)

• Like 1

Also, I noticed on the About page, when hovering over an item in the side navigation, when you move to a different item the a line of chevron/arrows appears over the whole item (hope that makes sense, can't screenshot it as its only for a split second).

• Like 1

Also, I noticed on the About page, when hovering over an item in the side navigation, when you move to a different item the a line of chevron/arrows appears over the whole item (hope that makes sense, can't screenshot it as its only for a split second).

Been seeing that too...not just about page...this happens on all the side menus...maybe some js issue?

Edit: attached screenshot

post-894-0-26313900-1393946988_thumb.png

• Like 1

I spotted the buttons were missing and assumed ryan removed them for some reason.

@kngondo and houseofdeadleg - this appears to happen in Chrome and not FF. Weird. I assume it's been doing it all the time.

Regarding the logo, we have Soma to thank for that (though others have also contributed). It was motivated by the need to stand out on Bitnami, though we've generally needed a mark for a long time. Soma worked tirelessly on dozens (maybe hundreds?) of variations of different logos, and came up with consistently fantastic work. Like ProcessWire, it's simple, but spend some time with it and you'll see it does more than you thought at first. You'll find it to be constructed of a wire, and the letter P (and a wire) being formed both in positive and negative space. Hope that you guys like it. Thanks again to Soma for the great work. 

I spotted the buttons were missing and assumed ryan removed them for some reason.

I didn't remove the buttons, as far as I know. Though I did add the logo on the site a couple of days ago–maybe I screwed something up in the process? I don't know what. Also not sure what's up with the chevrons but I've been enjoying that too... though they aren't so much fun anymore. I'm going to dive in and see what's up. But I didn't do the front-end development for this site, so it's still somewhat unfamiliar to me. If anyone has a better clue of what's wrong with it, please let me know.