Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
My client has a specific need where they need the website to be hosted in a subdirectory in the root domain; but need the admin panel to be accessible only via subdomain.
They say this is for the security purpose.
Anyway I can quickly achieve this?
Thanks a lot.
Hi, I have already tried in different ways and many times to migrate but I always have issues at the end.
Here's what I have done so far:
1. Install PW on live server (all normal)
2. Import local DB into live DB
3. Front page site seems to work but I cannot login into admin page
case 2 (I'm currently on this stage):
1. Copied all files from local to live server
2. Import local DB into live empty DB
3. Front page works, but any other page and admin page are 404
In both cases:
- I have changed config.php info accordingly to live server (DB name, DB user and pwd, userauthsalt code)
- Uncommented RewriteBase / and RewriteBase /pw/ lines on .htaccess
- applied owner and group permissions to www-data for PW location
- applied permissions to folders and files accordingly
- applied a2enmod rewrite to apache2 on live server and restarted service
I have read some posts (Ryan's too) about migration and it seems to me that I'm doing it fine, don't know what it fails-
I'm on VMWare machine, Ubuntu Server 18.04, php 7.2, phpMyAdmin 5.0.1
Hope you can help me, thanks in advance
I have a subdomain. Now i dont to use that subdoamin so i have deleted but if I open the subdomain it is redirecting to 404 page.
Thank you in advance.
I'm trying to do my first migration to the customers existing server (IIS 10) . I ran the site as a subdirectory on my website for test purposes (everything works fine).
Following the tutorial of Joss, I tryed the site on a local xampp server to make sure, it also works on a root directory. So far so good, everything works.
Now I moved the files (from the xampp) to the customers server. The root/index page is shown but for every subpage i get 404 Errors...
Hence I followed the troubleshooting guide for not working URLs:
On the first sight, the .htaccess file is not recognized, therefore I contacted the host support. They said, it is recognized but not all modules are supported in the processwire .htaccess file. I did the "öalskjfdoal" test in the .htaccess file and didn't get a 500 Error.... BUT the rewrite rule from the hosts support, to proof the file is read, DID work... The support claims, they do not provide debugging... so basically the .htaccess file is recognized and working, but not throwing any errors (for whatever reason).
Working rewrite rule (from support):
RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^test\.asp$ index.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test\.html$ konzept.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test2\.html$ team.html [NC,L] The support said, a couple modules are not supported in the htaccess file, the supported ones are listed here: http://www.helicontech.com/ape/ (I think mod_rewrite is supported)
As I do not completely understand what exactly is happening in the htaccess file, I'm stuck. I tried all suggestions I found regarding this topic on the forum, but none of them solved the problem.