horst

WireMailSmtp

179 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sonia Margollé said:

I use OVH 

The site is on for more than a year now,  I had a lot of "Error in hnsmtp::send : cannot connect to smtp-server!"  
even if I never change module configuration and if I check it's ok. And now the recipients ...

All the emails that I send using the module it's only to 1 recipients and sometimes another on in copy.

Check this out:

http://docs.mailpoet.com/article/49-lists-of-hosts-and-their-sending-limits

For OVH:

591f10824f724_ScreenShot2017-05-19at11_33_18.thumb.png.b068c9e4bb22c4e28fe4178a05a8dd6e.png

Most likely because of bounces, your site is unable to send emails.

A couple of things you can do:

1. Contact OVH and ask them to give you some idea of what your email's standing is.

2. Use a service like Sendgrid (sendgrid.com) as an off-site SMTP delivery service. If I remember correctly, Sendgrid is free up to 12,000 emails a day.

Hope this helps!

1 person likes this

Thanks, I will check that !

I try to put some log in the module and I was able to have a more detailed error message, I think

"554 5.7.1 <---->: Recipient address rejected: You have exceeded the limit of 400 messages per hour and per IP address. Please, re-try later."

What I don't understand is how that can be, never 400 messages are send via the website, and not 20 per hour to.  Oo
If I wait like 30 seconds, it's ok again.  And the emails are good, the clients can send emails directly without problems. 

Knowing it's a shared hosting, is it possible that other peoples on the server are blocking everyone ? 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Sonia Margollé said:

"554 5.7.1 <---->: Recipient address rejected: You have exceeded the limit of 400 messages per hour and per IP address. Please, re-try later."

Knowing it's a shared hosting, is it possible that other peoples on the server are blocking everyone ? 

If it's shared hosting and all of the sites on your IP are potentially sending emails, that is almost certainly your problem.

Again, I'd look into an email delivery service like Sendgrid, Mandrill or even TurboSMTP - these will help with deliverability, and you won't be competing with other sites on the same IP to get emails out.

2 people like this

I'm not knocking sendgrid, or any other email service. After working in the adult industry (I know, don't judge me. I was young and needed the money :) ), I am not too fond of services that want a 'contacts list' stored at their site. You may want to consider gmail, or the like, for sending small quantities of emails. If you need an email company domain, eg, yourname@yourdomain.com, then they will provide that for a small monthly fee, usually $5 or so. I have never exceeded gmail's limit, and it is far better than trying to run your own email server.

Also, the majority of my applications require subscribers to use their company email address. I have the company create a site admin email address on behalf of the application, which eliminates the need for any third-party solutions.

If you need the capacity of those email services, then by all means use them. They handle that particular need well. Just be cautious of how they treat your contacts, if they require it.

Another possibility is to move to a VPS hosting account that has an email feature. That way you are the only user that they audit to affect any email limitations.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      I have had this module sitting in a 95% complete state for a while now and have finally made the push to get it out there. Thanks to @teppo for his Hanna Code Helper module which I referred to and borrowed from during development.
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/hanna-code-dialog/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/HannaCodeDialog
      HannaCodeDialog
      A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Provides a number of enhancements for working with Hanna Code tags in CKEditor. The main enhancement is that Hanna tags in a CKEditor field may be double-clicked to edit their attributes using core ProcessWire inputfields in a modal dialog.
      Requires the Hanna Code module.
      Installation
      Install the HannaCodeDialog module using any of the normal methods.
      For any CKEditor field where you want the "Insert Hanna tag" dropdown menu to appear in the CKEditor toolbar, visit the field settings and add "HannaDropdown" to the "CKEditor Toolbar" settings field.
      Module configuration
      Visit the module configuration screen to set any of the following:
      Exclude prefix: Hanna tags named with this prefix will not appear in the CKEditor toolbar dropdown menu for Hanna tag insertion. Exclude Hanna tags: Hanna tags selected here will not appear in the CKEditor toolbar dropdown menu for Hanna tag insertion. Background colour of tag widgets: you can customise the background colour used for Hanna tags in CKEditor if you like. Dialog width: in pixels Dialog height: in pixels Features
      Insert tag from toolbar dropdown menu
      Place the cursor in the CKEditor window where you want to insert your Hanna tag, then select the tag from the "Insert Hanna tag" dropdown.

Advanced: if you want to control which tags appear in the dropdown on particular pages or templates you can hook HannaCodeDialog::getDropdownTags. See the forum support thread for examples .
      Edit tag attributes in modal dialog
      Insert a tag using the dropdown or double-click an existing tag in the CKEditor window to edit the tag attributes in a modal dialog.

Tags are widgets
      Hanna tags that have been inserted in a CKEditor window are "widgets" - they have a background colour for easy identification, are protected from accidental editing, and can be moved within the text by drag-and-drop.

Options for tag attributes may be defined
      You can define options for a tag attribute so that editors must choose an option rather than type text. This is useful for when only certain strings are valid for an attribute and also has the benefit of avoiding typos.
      Add a new attribute for the Hanna tag, named the same as the existing attribute you want to add options for, followed by "__options". The options themselves are defined as a string, using a pipe character as a delimiter between options. Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__options=Spinach|Pumpkin|Celery|Tomato|Brussels Sprout|Potato You can define a default for an attribute as normal. Use a pipe delimiter if defining multiple options as the default, for example:
      vegetables=Tomato|Potato Dynamic options
      Besides defining static options as above, you can use one Hanna tag to dynamically generate options for another. For instance, you could create a Hanna tag that generates options based on images that have been uploaded to the page, or the titles of children of the page.
      Your Hanna tag that generates the options should echo a string of options delimited by pipe characters (i.e. the same format as a static options string).
      You will probably want to name the Hanna tag that generates the options so that it starts with an underscore (or whatever prefix you have configured as the "exclude" prefix in the module config), to avoid it appearing as an insertable tag in the HannaCodeDialog dropdown menu.
      Example for an existing attribute named "image":
      image__options=[[_images_on_page]] And the code for the _images_on_page tag:
      <?php $image_names = array(); $image_fields = $page->fields->find('type=FieldtypeImage')->explode('name'); foreach($image_fields as $image_field) { $image_names = array_unique( array_merge($image_names, $page->$image_field->explode('name') ) ); } echo implode('|', $image_names); Advanced: define or manipulate options in a hook
      You can hook HannaCodeDialog::prepareOptions to define or manipulate options for a Hanna tag attribute. Your Hanna tag must include a someattribute__options attribute in order for the hook to fire. The prepareOptions method receives the following arguments that can be used in your hook:
      options_string Any existing string of options you have set for the attribute attribute_name The name of the attribute the options are for tag_name The name of the Hanna tag page The page being edited If you hook after HannaCodeDialog::prepareOptions then your hook should set $event->return to an array of option values, or an associative array in the form of $value => $label.
      Choice of inputfield for attribute
      You can choose the inputfield that is used for an attribute in the dialog.
      For text attributes the supported inputfields are text (this is the default inputfield for text attributes so it isn't necessary to specify it if you want it) and textarea. Note: any manual line breaks inside a textarea are removed because these will break the CKEditor tag widget.
      Inputfields that support the selection of a single option are select (this is the default inputfield for attributes with options so it isn't necessary to specify it if you want it) and radios.
      Inputfields that support the selection of multiple options are selectmultiple, asmselect and checkboxes.
      You can also specify a checkbox inputfield - this is not for attributes with defined options but will limit an attribute to an integer value of 1 or 0.
      The names of the inputfield types are case-insensitive.
      Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__type=asmselect Descriptions and notes for inputfields
      You can add a description or notes to an attribute and these will be displayed in the dialog.
      Example for an existing attribute named "vegetables":
      vegetables__description=Please select vegetables for your soup. vegetables__notes=Pumpkin and celery is a delicious combination. Notes
      When creating or editing a Hanna tag you can view a basic cheatsheet outlining the HannaCodeDialog features relating to attributes below the "Attributes" config inputfield.
      Troubleshooting
      HannaCodeDialog includes and automatically loads the third-party CKEditor plugins Line Utilities and Widget. If you have added these plugins to your CKEditor field already for some purpose and experience problems with HannaCodeDialog try deactivating those plugins from the CKEditor field settings.
    • By joshuag
      Introducing our newest [commercial] module:
      Recurme
      Processwire Recurring Dates Field & Custom Calendar Module.
      http://www.99lime.com/modules/recurme/
      One Field to Recur them ALL…
      A Recurring Dates InputField for your Processwire templates. The InputField you’ve been waiting for.
      Complex RRule date repeating in a simple and fast user interface.
      Use the super simple, & powerful API to output them into your templates.
      example:
      <? // easy to get recurring events $events = $recurme->find(); // events for this day $events = $recurme->day(); // events for this week $events = $recurme->week(); // events for this month $events = $recurme->month(); ?> <? // Loop through your events foreach($events as $event){ echo $event->title; echo $event->start_date; echo $event->rrule; echo $event->original->url; ... } ?> Unlimited Custom Calendars.
      Imagine you could create any calendar you wanted on your website. Use recurring events with the Recurme field, or use your own Processwire pages and date fields to render calendars… it’s up to you. Fully customizable. Make as many calendars as you like. Get events from anywhere. Recurme does all the hard date work for you.
      Unlimited Custom Admin Calendars too.
      Hope you like it  ,
       Joshua & Eduardo from 99Lime.

• By valan
      At our site we use both email and phone authorizations at frontend. To make life easier, I've developed HelperPhone pack that handles phone numbers. This pack includes following modules for ProcessWire CMS/CMF:
      FieldtypePhoneNumber: module that stores phone numbers InputfieldPhoneNumber: module that renders inputfield for phone numbers HelperPhone: module that loads PhoneNumber and PhoneNumberConst classes, and 'libphonenumber' namespace All these modules require included PW WireData-derived class PhoneNumber and PhoneNumberConst.
      PhoneNumber class is a thin wrapper over giggsey/libphonenumber-for-php, itself is port of Google's libphonenumber. PhoneNumberConst class stores constants, used by PhoneNumber class Usage: PhoneNumber class
      $phone = '8 (916) 318-07-29 ext 1234'; // input string could be in any phone-recognizable format $phoneNumber = new PhoneNumber($phone, 'RU'); // or wire('modules')->get('HelperPhone')->makePhoneNumber($phone, 'RU'); echo ($phoneNumber->isValidNumber() ? 'Yes':'No'); // Yes echo ($phoneNumber->isValidNumberForRegion($regionCode) ? 'Yes':'No'); // Yes echo $phoneNumber->getNumberTypeTitle(); // Mobile echo $phoneNumber->getCountryCode(); // 7 echo $phoneNumber->getRegionCode(); // RU echo $phoneNumber->getNationalNumber(); // 9163180729 echo $phoneNumber->getExtension(); // 1234 echo $phoneNumber->formatForCallingFrom('US') // 011 7 916 318-07-28 echo $phoneNumber->formatForCallingFrom('GE') // 00 7 916 318-07-28
      For more methods and properties please refer to PhoneNumber and PhoneNumberConst source files. Need more? Check giggsey/libphonenumber-for-php and use it by accessing $phoneNumber->phoneNumber property - it is instance of \libphonenumber\PhoneNumber or null (if empty).
      Usage: field
      Note: on field creation, make sure that you've configured field settings
      Default region: assumed region if input phone number string is not in international format (starts with '+', etc)
      Enabled/disabled phone extentions: if disabled, phone extension will be removed on field save.
      Phone field settings in example below: default region code 'RU', phone extensions are enabled
      echo $page->phone; // +79163180729 // Note1: $page->phone stores instance of PhoneNumber and renders to string in E164 format. // Note2: E164 format does not include extension. echo $page->getFormatted('phone'); // +7 916 318-07-29 ext. 1234 echo $page->getUnformatted('phone'); // +79163180729 echo $page->phone->format(PhoneNumberConst::RFC3966); // tel:+7-916-318-07-29;ext=1234 echo $page->phone->getNationalNumber(); // 9163180729 Usage: PW selectors
      FieldtypePhoneNumber is instance of FieldtypeText. It stores phone numbers and extensions as string in E164 format with #extention (if provided by user and enabled in settings) E.g. in db it looks like this: '+79163180729#1234'. This makes it easy to query fields as any text field.
      echo $pages->find([     'template' => 'my_temlate',     'phone^=' => '+79163180729', ]); // will echo page ids where phone starts with '+79163180729' Finally
      I've decided to put it here first and later to Modules directory (based on your feedbacks).
      GitHub: https://github.com/valieand/HelperPhone
      Enjoy
    • By justb3a
      Little admin helper module: Using this module you can view all template cache settings at once. E.g. cache status, cache time (configurable). Furthermore it adds the functionality to clear the entire template cache or just the template cache for a given template. Note that this may cause a temporary delay for one or more requests while pages are re-cached.

GitHub: https://github.com/justb3a/processwire-templatecacheoverview
    • By Steven Veerbeek
      Hi,
      I am trying to create a module for a webshop in which I can predefine a number of thumbnail sizes for my product images. I was thinking of storing each of these image sizes as a child page with 'width' and 'height' fields under the module page , so I can use a PageTable input field in my module to easily manage them.
      I know how to create a Pagetable field and add it to templates so I can use it in regular pages, but because I am planning on implementing some other functionalities that (I think) can't be achieved with a regular page, I need the PageTable field to work within a module.
      So far I have come up with this piece of code by trial and error:
      $page = $this->page; $field_sizes = $this->modules->get("InputfieldPageTable"); $field_sizes->title = "image_sizes"; $field_sizes->label = "Image sizes"; $field_sizes->set('parent_id', $page->id); $template = wire("templates")->get("image_size"); $field_sizes->set('template_id', $template->id); $field_sizes->set('columns', "title\nimage_width\nimage_height"); $wrapper->add($field_sizes); It works in that it does display an empty PageTable in my module. I can also add pages and they will be added as child pages under my module page, but when I do, the way the PageTable is displayed gets all messed up. Instead of showing the newly created page as a row in the PageTable, all the fields on the module page (including the PageTable field itself) are repeated within the PageTable field.
      I hope my explanation makes sense. I am fairly new to Processwire (and module development in particular) so perhaps I am just trying to use PageTable in a way it was not intended to be. Maybe you guys could give me some directions on how to achieve what I am looking for?
      Thanks!