horst

WireMailSmtp

I guess the different case may have allowed it to sneak through - I can confirm I'm not seeing the issue now that I've renamed my function.

I'll follow up if the issue remains resolved.

Thanks for your help!

I upgraded to version 0.2.6 today and cannot make use of the module.  It seems to not save the SMTP Password anymore.  I can send additional SMTP Configuration information via PM, if necessary.  Once I reverted back to version 0.2.5 everything worked as before.

3 minutes ago, cstevensjr said:

I upgraded to version 0.2.6 today and cannot make use of the module.  It seems to not save the SMTP Password anymore.  I can send additional SMTP Configuration information via PM, if necessary.  Once I reverted back to version 0.2.5 everything worked as before.

Shit, my bad, sent another PR

https://github.com/horst-n/WireMailSmtp/pull/10

• Like 1

Just now, abdus said:

Shit, my bad, sent another PR

smtp_password

@abdus please update the version too in your PR. Thanks.

• Like 1

Done too!

Its updated to 0.2.7. All in all we only used 7 minutes to react on Charles issue report! Cool! :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, horst said:

Done too!

Its updated to 0.2.7. All in all we only used 7 minutes to react on Charles issue report! Cool! :)

Thanks all (@abdus and  @horst) for the quick response.  I'd be lost without this module, I use it on every site.  Also thanks to @ryan for having the feature of saving the previous version of each module when using his Upgrade module. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Some introduction...
      This module is experimental and there are probably bugs - so treat it as alpha and don't use it on production websites.
      I started on this module because there have been quite a few requests for "fake" or "invisible" parent functionality and I was curious about what is possible given that the idea sort of goes against the PW page structure philosophy. I'm not sure that I will use this module myself, just because I don't really see a long list of pages under Home (or anywhere else) as untidy or cluttered. I would tend to use Lister Pro when I want to see some set of pages as a self-contained group. But maybe others will find it useful.
      At the moment this module does not manipulate the breadcrumb menu in admin. So when you are editing or adding a virtual child the real location of the page is revealed in the breadcrumb menu. That's because I don't see the point in trying to comprehensively fool users about the real location of pages - I think it's better that they have some understanding of where the pages really are. But I'm open to feedback on this and it is possible to alter the breadcrumbs if there's a consensus that it would be better that way.

Virtual Parents
      Allows pages in Page List to be grouped under a virtual parent.
      This module manipulates the page list and the flyout tree menu to make it appear that one or more pages are children of another page when in fact they are siblings of that page.
      Why would you do that instead of actually putting the child pages inside the parent? Mainly if you want to avoid adding the parent name as part of the URL. For example, suppose you have some pages that you want to be accessed at URLs directly off the site root: yourdomain.com/some-page/. But in the page list you want them to be appear under a parent for the sake of visual grouping or to declutter the page list under Home.
      Example of how the page structure actually is

Example of how the page structure appears with Virtual Parents activated

How it works
      This module identifies the virtual parents and virtual children by way of template. You define a single template as the virtual parent template and one or more templates as the virtual child templates. Anytime pages using the child template(s) are siblings of a page using the parent template, those child pages will appear as children of the virtual parent in the page list and tree menu.
      You will want to create dedicated templates for identifying virtual parents and virtual children and reserve them just for use with this module.
      Features
      Adjusts both page list and tree flyout menu to show the virtual parent/child structure, including the count of child pages. Works everywhere page list is used: Page List Select / Page List Select Multiple (and therefore CKEditor link dialog). Intercepts the "Add page" process in admin, so that when an attempt is made to add a child to a virtual parent, the child is added where it belongs (the next level up) and the template selection is limited to virtual child templates. Intercepts moving and sorting pages in the page list, to ensure only virtual children may be moved/sorted under the virtual parent. Superusers have a toggle switch at the bottom of the page list to easily disable/enable Virtual Parents in order to get a view of what the real page structure is. Usage
      Install the Virtual Parents module.
      In the module config, enter pairs of parent/child template names in the form virtual_parent_template=virtual_child_template. If needed you can specify multiple pipe-separated child templates: virtual_parent_template=child_template_1|child_template_2. One pair of template names per line.
      There is a checkbox in the module config to toggle Virtual Pages on and off, but it's more convenient to use this from the page list.
      Notes
      It's important to keep in mind the real location of the virtual child pages. This module is only concerned with adjusting the appearance of page list and tree menu for the sake of visual grouping and tidiness. In all other respects the virtual children are not children of the virtual parent at all.
      It's recommended to select an icon for the virtual parent template (Advanced tab) so virtual parents are marked out in the page list as being different from normal parent pages.
      Do not place real children under a virtual parent. There is some protection against this when moving pages in the page list, but when it comes to changing a page's parent via the Settings tab the only protection is common sense.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/VirtualParents
    • By ukyo
      Call ProcessWire API Functions Inside STRING
      Github Repo
      Current status : BETA
      Each called method must return string value !
      I added all functions, but not tested all. I focused page(), page()->render and field properties (label, description and notes). I also tested some basic pages() api calls.
      Your API calls must start with { and must end with }. For use multiple arguments inside functions, separate arguments with ~ char.
      NOTE If you pass directly arguments to api {page(title)}, this call will check for requestedApiCall()->get(arguments).
      USAGE
      processString(string, page, language); Get page title <?php $str = "You are here : {page:title}"; echo processString($str); ?> Get page children render result <?php $str = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.<hr>{page:render:children}"; echo processString($str); ?> Get homepage title <?php $str = "You can visit our <a hre='{pages(1):url}'>{pages:get(1):title}</a>"; echo processString($str); ?> Get title field label, description or notes <?php $str = "Our title field properties are : label: {label(title)} - description: {description(title)} - notes: {notes(title)}"; echo processString($str); ?> Multiple examples <?php $str = " <ul class='uk-list uk-list-striped'> <li><b>01: GET FIELD LABEL</b> <code>&#123;label(title)&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{label(title)}</code></li> <li><b>02: GET FIELD LABEL WITH PREFIX</b> <code>&#123;label(title~=> )&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{label(title~=> )}</code></li> <li><b>03: GET FIELD LABEL WITH SUFFIX</b> <code>&#123;label(title~~ <=)&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{label(title~~ <=)}</code></li> <li><b>04: GET FIELD DESCRIPTION</b> <code>&#123;description(title)&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{description(title)}</code><br> <li><b>05: GET FIELD DESCRIPTION WITH PREFIX</b> <code>&#123;description(title~=> )&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{description(title~=> )}</code></li> <li><b>06: GET FIELD DESCRIPTION WITH SUFFIX</b> <code>&#123;description(title~~ <=)&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{description(title~~ <=)}</code></li> <li><b>07: GET FIELD NOTES</b> <code>&#123;notes(title)&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{notes(title)}</code><br> <li><b>08: GET FIELD NOTES WITH PREFIX</b> <code>&#123;notes(title~=> )&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{notes(title~=> )}</code></li> <li><b>09: GET FIELD NOTES WITH SUFFIX</b> <code>&#123;notes(title~~ <=)&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{notes(title~~ <=)}</code></li> <li><b>10: GET PAGE TITLE</b> <code>&#123;page(title)&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{page(title)}</code></li> <li><b>11: GET PAGE TITLE</b> <code>&#123;page:title&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{page:title}</code></li> <li><b>12: GET PAGE RENDER TITLE</b> <code>&#123;page:render:title&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{page:render:title}</code></li> <li><b>12: GET HOMEPAGE TITLE</b> <code>&#123;pages:get(template=home):title&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{pages:get(template=home):title}</code></li> <li><b>13: GET HOMEPAGE TEMPLATE ID</b> <code>&#123;pages:get(template=home):template:id&#125;</code> <b>RESULT :</b> <code>{pages:get(template=home):template:id}</code></li> </ul> "; echo processString($str); ?>
    • By Robin S
      This module corrects a few things that I find awkward about the "Add New Template" workflow in the PW admin. I opened a wishlist topic a while back because it would good to resolve some of these things in the core, but this module is a stopgap for now.
      Originally I was going to share these as a few standalone hooks, but decided to bundle them together in a configurable module instead. This module should be considered alpha until it has gone through some more testing.
      Add Template Enhancements
      Adds some efficiency enhancements when adding or cloning templates via admin.

Features
      Derive template label from name: if you like to give each of your templates a label then this feature can save some time. When one or more new templates are added in admin a label is derived automatically from the name. There are options for underscore/hyphen replacement and capitalisation of the label. Edit template after add: when adding only a single template, the template is automatically opened for editing after it is added. Copy field contexts when cloning: this copies the field contexts (a.k.a. overrides such as column width, label and description) from the source template to the new template when using the "Duplicate/clone this template?" feature on the Advanced tab. Copy field contexts when duplicating fields: this copies the field contexts if you select the "Duplicate fields used by another template" option when adding a new template. Usage
      Install the Add Template Enhancements module.
      Configure the module settings according to what suits you.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AddTemplateEnhancements
    • By AAD Web Team
      Hi,
      I've put in a support request (as a followup on an existing one) for this but it's nearly 10pm Ryan's time, so I thought I'd ask on here just in case someone can help...
      Yesterday we purchased ProDrafts, but I couldn't get the key to validate. Every time I hit submit on the module settings screen the key would be removed from the field I entered it in, and then it would complain about the missing value. I put in a support request and Ryan responded last night. It turned out it was because we're behind a proxy/firewall. He gave me a fix to get around that issue - some code to go into admin.php. I put that code in and saved admin.php, but now I can't even get into our admin anymore!
      (Just to clarify, I took the code back out and saved admin.php but that made no difference. It's definitely not the new code causing the error.)
      The errors relate to a lack of permission on the ProDrafts module (see attached screenshot). We do have a key, but evidently the code Ryan gave me to add the key in via admin.php isn't taking effect before the error is thrown...?
      I tried removing the ProDrafts directory from the modules directory, but that hasn't helped.
      Is there a hook I can put in somewhere to tell it not to load ProDrafts at all, or not check the permissions? Or is there some way to manually uninstall it from the file system?
      Thanks!
      Margaret

• By DaveP
      I just made a textformatter module that allows you to insert dummy content (lorem ipsum style) in text fields via shortcodes.
      Usage is simple - just type for example [dc3] into a textarea with this textformatter applied (plain textarea or CKEditor) and it will be replaced at runtime by 3 paragraphs of dummy content. It can also be used to populate text fields (for headings etc) using e.g. [dc4w]. This will produce 4 words (rather than paragraphs) at runtime.
      The actual content comes from an included 'dummytext.txt' file containing 50 paragraphs of 'Lorem ipsum' from lipsum.com. The 50 paragraphs is arbitrary - it could be 10 or 100 or anything in between, and the contents of that file can be changed for your own filler text if you wish.
      The slightly clever bit is that for any given page, the same content will be returned for the same tag, but the more paragraphs available in 'dummytext.txt', the less likely it is that two pages will get the same content (very roughly speaking - it's actually based on the page ID) so content selection is determinate rather than random, even though only the tags are saved to the db.
      Update
      Tags now work like this -
      [dc3] - Show 3 paragraphs ([dc:3], [dc3p] & [dc:3p] all do the same). [dc3-6] - Show 3 to 6 paragraphs randomly per page load ([dc:3-6], [dc3-6p] & [dc:3-6p] all do the same). [dc3w] - Show 3 words ([dc:3w] does the same). [dc3-6w] - Show 3 to 6 words randomly per page load ([dc:3-6w] does the same). <End update on tags.>
      If you think it might be useful, you can download it from GitHub and give it a try.