mysql error on live server

helmut2509

I just transferred my pw app to the live server (shared hosting), modified the config.php and created the database.

On calling the site in the browser, I got this message:

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND' in ......wire/core/WireDatabasePDO.php on line 65

PDO is enabled.

So what's wrong here?

---

I fixed that bug (at least temporarily) by replacing the constant by '1002'.

But then I got the next error:

Fatal error: Exception: could not find driver (in ....../wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 143)

#0 .../wire/core/ProcessWire.php(51): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config))
#1 ..../index.php(185): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config))
#2 {main} in ...../index.php on line 216

PHP version is 5.2.17, PW is 2.4.0

maybe PW requires PHP 5.3.?

It really does sound like PDO isn't running on your server. Have you double checked your phpinfo output or done a php -i from the command line and confirmed that you see something like:

PDO

PDO support => enabled
PDO drivers => sqlite, mysql

pdo_mysql

PDO Driver for MySQL => enabled

There is only PW 2.4 available for download. If my ISP does not upgrade PHP, then I need an older PW version... ???.

It really does sound like PDO isn't running on your server. Have you double checked your phpinfo output or done a php -i from the command line and confirmed that you see something like:

PDO

PDO support => enabled
PDO drivers => sqlite, mysql

pdo_mysql

PDO Driver for MySQL => enabled

according to phpinfo(), PDO is enabled. The problem is PHP 5.2, PW requires 5.3.8

2.4 should probably still run on 5.2.17, just not officially supported.

http://processwire.com/talk/topic/5543-processwire-24-possible-to-run-on-php-533/?p=54099

Maybe try contacting renobird (from that post) about his setup with 5.2.17.

Also, this from Ryan:

You'll want to test ahead of time, but I think it'll still work. There are some bugs and security issues in PHP 5.3 versions prior to 5.3.8, which are good reasons for nobody to use those versions. That's the main reason I set 5.3.8 as the minimum. But the reality is that it should still work fine in any 5.3. Chances are it would still work fine in 5.2 as well, but I want to take that monkey off our back so we can move forward. 

PS You can always get an older release of PW here:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/releases

Edited by adrian
  • Like 2

• 5 years later...

I just ran into this issue which occurred as a result of some server upgrades not going smoothly.  The fix in our case was to run:

apt-get install php-mysql

If you end up getting this error, it wouldn't hurt to try installing PW from scratch in a separate directory.  PW's installer identifies where potential issues are, such as missing packages, which is very helpful.  Sometimes it is not so apparent from php.ini, phpinfo() or error logs.